The Prisoner - For those that don't know...

Ever wonder where the opening lines of the song "The Prisoner" came from? I was just listening to The Number of the Beast while I'm sitting here working from home and thought I'd share the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW-bFGzNMXw

Enjoy!!!
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player
    This game is going to get me fired one day...

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Ever wonder where the opening lines of the song "The Prisoner" came from? I was just listening to The Number of the Beast while I'm sitting here working from home and thought I'd share the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW-bFGzNMXw

Enjoy!!!
    My brother and I used to watch the show The Prisoner, which is what the song is based from. It used to be on late night TV when we were kids. Very interesting and somewhat surreal. The song "Back to The Village" off Powerslave is also based on the same show.
    madmanmeyer-2257

Missing:
    Lonestar Eddie

Wasteland Eddie, Daedalus, Prince of Hell Beelzebub, Mad-shot Murphy, Genghis Khan
    Scrooge Eddie, Corrupt Feldmarschall, Cosmic Lilith, Hierophant
    EdHunter Eddie

Yup!!! I used to watch it too. I figured some might find it interesting. I also found it interesting that the beginning of The Number of the Beast wasn't Vincent Price. I believed it was him until last year when I read Bruce's book. That was a really good book if you like Iron Maiden history.
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player

OS
    Android
    I loved reading Bruce's book! It was a great insight into the man, Maiden and their music. My son and I were fortunate enough to briefly meet Bruce when he did his book tour in the states right after it was released. Great experience that neither of us will forget.
    madmanmeyer-2257

Missing:
    Lonestar Eddie

Wasteland Eddie, Daedalus, Prince of Hell Beelzebub, Mad-shot Murphy, Genghis Khan
    EdHunter Eddie

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by madmanmeyer74 View Post
    I loved reading Bruce's book! It was a great insight into the man, Maiden and their music. My son and I were fortunate enough to briefly meet Bruce when he did his book tour in the states right after it was released. Great experience that neither of us will forget.
    Bookends? If so, I was there as well. I hear ya, such an unreal experience!
    bob-9503 (playing daily, thank you to all my troopers and clan members in Jomsvikings!)

That is awesome!!!
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by infinite dreamer View Post
    Bookends? If so, I was there as well. I hear ya, such an unreal experience!
    Yes!! That's awesome you were there too. I wish it wasn't like a factory assembly line for the signing but understand that was the only way to get everyone's books signed.
    madmanmeyer-2257

Missing:
    Lonestar Eddie

EdHunter Eddie

OS
    Android
    Yes!! That's awesome you were there too. I wish it wasn't like a factory assembly line for the signing but understand that was the only way to get everyone's books signed.
    Indeed, I did get to shake his hand, which I was more than pleased with! Got a pic of him signing the book, but I would've loved a pic with him. He's just such an interesting (and talented) gentleman. Glad you and your son had such a great experience!
    bob-9503 (playing daily, thank you to all my troopers and clan members in Jomsvikings!)