Thread: 2018 awards

OS
    Android

2018 awards

With the New Year, I was just thinking about some of the additions to the game this past year. New 6 set talismans, lots of new characters (including Liliths, Egyptian Gods and NC characters), heroic soul rotation, a new arena, relics, Gauntlet, temporary dungeons and the arrival of Night City. There were a few controversial moments like the gold and hearts event and the over powered primordial talisman debut. I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff (like angry Eddie birds).

If there was an awards show for the game (imagine the Eddie goes to.....instead of Oscar or Emmy), there could be some close categories for the year.

Favorite new Eddie
    Favorite new non-Eddie
    Best character update
    Best special event
    Least favorite addition

Any other categories or thoughts?
    bob-9503 (playing daily, thank you to all my troopers and clan members in Jomsvikings!)

OS
    Android
    Favourite New Eddie. Final Frontier Eddie (no contest)
    Favourite New Non Eddie. Killer Prime (and I don't even have him)(Charlotte close 2nd)
    Best character update. Hallowed Eddie (eventually most boring too)
    Best special event. Halloween Sacificial Event (by far)
    Least favorite addition. This one has caused me a lot of thought and to be honest so far I can't think of one really,
    probably just developers releasing things before testing them, the general lack of
    thoughtfulness occasionally on their part and the abundance of technical stuff ups.

Any other categories or thoughts?

While there are players joining all the time, it would be nice if some of the old worlds got a bit of a tweak both in difficulty and in the foes we face there.
    How about introducing some Liliths to face in LOL after all the story went that Lillith was the Sister of LOL come to save her brother...
    A shortcut key in Arena to summon one of a couple of alternative allies/Eddies.
    Some characters or talismans with "auras" like for example just being in the presence of the character casts a percentage of
    damage like poison, cold, heat, electricity, that sort of thing.
    Also the introduction of single talisman to fill in some of those gaps we ocassionally get in our characters..

That'll do for now..
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

Great Idea!

DO you mind if I copy this and make a poll in the FB Group?

Favorite new Eddie: DDE
    Favorite new non-Eddie: Killer Prime
    Best character update: Alchemist
    Best special event: Pumking Sac Event
    Least favorite addition: This one is hard. I'll get back to you

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by zamasu View Post
    Great Idea!

DO you mind if I copy this and make a poll in the FB Group?
    Thanks! Sure, no problem.

I'd go with:

POM
    Sekhmet
    Rainmaker (I finally use him more)
    Pumpkins
    Maybe relics
    bob-9503 (playing daily, thank you to all my troopers and clan members in Jomsvikings!)

OS
    Android
    Awesome idea! Nice way to recognise some of the great things that have arrived in the game

Favorite new Eddie - Final Frontier, without a doubt. Always wanted to see him in game and boy did he smash my expectations.
    Favorite new non-Eddie - Torn between Osiris and Killer Prime. Both are brilliant in my eyes, very useful characters to have. Also, design-wise, both are pretty cool imo.
    Best character update - Probably nerfing of Hallowed and Alchemist. It was kinda needed, though it's typical because with the Krampus Dungeon, I was wishing Alchemist hadn't been nerfed lol.
    Best special event - Halloween Sacrifice by far, no doubt about it.
    Least favorite addition - Just the introduction of too many characters in one go. Night City was okay because of course that's kinda necessary, otherwise it'd be boring as all hell, but for some events (ESPECIALLY the whole Shinobi/Samurai month), there was just too many to handle.

Overall, I've really enjoyed some of the things the Devs produced in 2018. Sure, there's been a few issues like Primordials when they first arrived and the Gold and Crimson event, but I think there's been plenty to be happy about, such as NC.
    As for other categories, maybe some design-based ones? Character design (Can be split into both Ed and Ally), level designs, Fury animations? Some of the attention to detail is really good (And sometimes it's just reskins, but oh well lol) For example:

Favourite Eddie Design - Again, I think Final Frontier wins for me. He just looks so badass, which is quite fitting. Some nice detail on him too.

Favourite Ally Design - Daedalus. I love his half-scorched design and again, the attention to detail. He really stands out and I'm hoping to see more unique designs like this in the future!

Favourite Level Design - The Krampus Dungeon. I know it was another reskin of the Phantom dungeon, but there's some really nice detail, and of course Wickerman Eddie chilling in the fire :P Either that, or some of the Night City levels (More towards the end).

Favourite Fury Animation - Killers Ed. I really like the perspective on this one. Most are just Eddie attacking the enemy, but like Visions Fury, it puts YOU as Eddie's next victim, which I think is awesome. Would love more of these!

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Deathbat6120; 01-04-2019 at 09:13 PM.
    Deathbat-9018 - Caesar's Legion
    Ex-Romero's Legion First Officer

Your friendly neighbourhood Guide-ian Angel, a helpful source for Events and Missions alike.

Most wanted - 2019 Tour, Chords of Command, Day of the Dead, Hellraiser, Iron Mask, Legacy, Czar, False Gods, Merlin, Mystic Flame, Dark Road, Ed Hunter, Guy Fawkes, King Arthur, Life and Power, Cosmic Cyborg, Lone Star, Visions of Edorado

OS
    Android
    Favorite Eddie design is probably Beast Eddie (looks awesome)
    Favorite non-Eddie design is probably Charlotte (looks a lot like Black Canary from DC comics) with Banshee close behind (the smoking chainsaw is a nice touch)
    Favorite level design is the Krampus dungeon
    Favorite fury is POM Eddie (although DDE's is awesome, I love the design of his machine gun)

OS
    iOS
    You forgot favorite Eddie that you can get from and event and don’t have to spend tons of money to try get it before it becomes a bore to see in the arena. Final Feontier Eddie is something I wanted—just not like this. New things get ruined when EVERYONE uses it. It’s not about style or taste it’s about what can be overpowered (until people get tired of it). I stopped at 985 shards and haven’t bought any more with snow frags. I’ll have extra FFE shards after Gaunlet and he’s going right into the pit. His fury is a rehash of DDE’s. Boring.

OS
    Android
    Fav new Eddie - DDE I guess as I use him a lot.

Fav new ally - Osiris or Daedalus.

Best event - Can I nominate the entire Gods mega-event? Having those Nebu fragments from event souls which at least GUARANTEED you something was great. Plus introduced playable characters long overdue to the game.

Least fav addition - Excessive event exclusive and heroic soul rotation only characters which aren't available in any other souls. Unless I somehow manage to get the count or redan in the coming rotations, my mind won't be changed on this. Heroic souls were brought in to help players get 4* or 5* characters they might have been struggled to gain with regular souls, and soon turned into basically the only way to get a character, ever. Boo.
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    Android
    Favorite New Eddie - Beast Eddie (Concept/Animation/Fury) and Clansman (Usefulness)

Favorite New Allies - Icarus, Daedalus and Charlotte)

Best character update - The Alchemist

Favorite Events - Gods of Powerslave and Mythic Well

Favorite Dungeon - Krampus Dungeon but I would have liked it better if it started 2 weeks before Xmas and ended when the Solstice ended, got sick of seeing all the Xmas stuff when we're already in to the next year

Least favorite edition - Talismans for cash, I don't mind spending money here and there but ironite should always be included with the talisman packs

OS
    iOS
    I will go with the following:

Favorite new Eddie: Probably DDE btu getting FFE at reset tonight and he is a monster on the three shots I have played with Troopers FFE
    Favorite new non-Eddie: Killer Prime (just a big ugly beast)
    Best character update: Alchemist (with Hallowed just behind)
    Best special event: Pumpkins
    Least favorite addition: Not sure on this to be honest - the game is not all that much different to me this year I just wish the bugs would be sorted. I thin it is great to have the new worlds and dingeons and the like but we could do with ceiling being increased for SoT to mee the upping of the SoT requirements each day (say maybe 120?) I would like to see fewer big price tag packs and more of the lower priced packs like those linked to getting a Legendary that you coudl get for £9.99 - those were great value and a good spread of goodies too.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496