OS
    Android

How to choose best talismans for characters?

Hi guys. I've never been good with choosing which talisman sets work best with certain characters. With all the new talisman sets revolving around certain buffs and abilities, it's really hard for me to match them effectively. There's a few that are a bit obvious (W Death Dog and Redemption, Osiris and Warlord, etc.) but a lot of the time, I simply don't know where to start.

How do you guys decide on which talismans (Especially buff-based ones) work best for certain characters?
    Are the older, more stat-based talismans still a good option? (For example, Def. based talismans for Pharaoh based on his damage scaling?)

Cheers \m/
    Deathbat-9018 - Caesar's Legion
    Ex-Romero's Legion First Officer

Your friendly neighbourhood Guide-ian Angel, a helpful source for Events and Missions alike.

Most wanted - 2019 Tour, Chords of Command, Day of the Dead, Hellraiser, Iron Mask, Legacy, Czar, False Gods, Merlin, Mystic Flame, Dark Road, Ed Hunter, Guy Fawkes, King Arthur, Life and Power, Cosmic Cyborg, Lone Star, Visions of Edorado

OS
    iOS
    you must experiments and see what other used on there characters,old talismans from worlds are not so good...buy talismans from shop and use them on charasters tha can use that colours...

OS
    Android
    In fact, choosing the right talismans is complicated, new ones always come up and this usually requires a whole new strategy.
    Normally, I see what the talisman does and try to optimize its effects, for example, warlord, it combines well with characters of great damage, but also needs some healing involved, since it has the extra turn. So these talismans require at least a healing talisman or some healing character to use all the power of the warlord.

Usually this is, first I look for the best character for the main effect of the talisman. (Another example, energy, works well with counter-strike because it optimizes the chances of gaining more energy).
    And if there is any side effect, I look for another character to complement, always trying to form a block, in which one character can benefit the other with some movement.
    But in fact, so far, what has worked best for me, is to constantly test (following the rotation of pvp), I try to change certain characters and talismans, to see what happens every week.

Feel like i've been here before

Wickerman-7654

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by WickermanBR View Post
    In fact, choosing the right talismans is complicated, new ones always come up and this usually requires a whole new strategy.
    Normally, I see what the talisman does and try to optimize its effects, for example, warlord, it combines well with characters of great damage, but also needs some healing involved, since it has the extra turn. So these talismans require at least a healing talisman or some healing character to use all the power of the warlord.

Usually this is, first I look for the best character for the main effect of the talisman. (Another example, energy, works well with counter-strike because it optimizes the chances of gaining more energy).
    And if there is any side effect, I look for another character to complement, always trying to form a block, in which one character can benefit the other with some movement.
    But in fact, so far, what has worked best for me, is to constantly test (following the rotation of pvp), I try to change certain characters and talismans, to see what happens every week.
    Thanks man! So would it be right to say that you're essentially building up sets of teams based upon, perhaps as a starting point, a particular Eddie and his talismans? For example, I was going over some of my Eds and looked at Trooper. He benefits from Perfect Hits as it allows him to remove negative effects and can grant a heal shield to all allies. Therefore, I decided that Echo and Advantage talismans would help, as while his Present Basic grants Perfect Hit, you can use pretty much whatever Basic skill you wanted, have the chance of Perfect Hit and the benefits, while also having a potential second shot to utilise more of his Perfect Hit benefits. Then, I could pair him with characters/talismans that benefit from heal shields? Or perhaps those with Accuracy-increasing effects since he can then grant Counterstrike more often? What do you think?

Your friendly neighbourhood Guide-ian Angel, a helpful source for Events and Missions alike.

Most wanted - 2019 Tour, Chords of Command, Day of the Dead, Hellraiser, Iron Mask, Legacy, Czar, False Gods, Merlin, Mystic Flame, Dark Road, Ed Hunter, Guy Fawkes, King Arthur, Life and Power, Cosmic Cyborg, Lone Star, Visions of Edorado

OS
    Android
    Exactly, Eddie is usually my starting point.

Look, I like your idea of ​​Trooper Eddie, I think I'm going to test him some week. The combination of talismans looks good too.

I think I would try to join another character with shadow / advantage too, and Osiris (currently I use with redemption / energy, however, a counter-strike works fine, I put the redemption, to remove effects) and another character to close the group.

Osiris, will work fine turning everything he can into gold (perfect heal shield for everyone, careful with crave). For the shadow talisman, look for someone with high damage (I thought of Lady Azov, but, the alchemist has it all these days, though, it's good to have a look in stock, maybe someone who can carry these talismans and increase accuracy too, more welcome.
    I do not know if it's the best strategy, but, anyway, that's usually what I'm trying to do, I'm glad I got it right and for helping

Cheers

Feel like i've been here before

Wickerman-7654

OS
    Android
    If you are looking for accuracy, you can try gunner desert marauder or assassin pyro soldier. Both has marksman passive, just dont go against a prisoner.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by WickermanBR View Post
    Exactly, Eddie is usually my starting point.

Look, I like your idea of ​​Trooper Eddie, I think I'm going to test him some week. The combination of talismans looks good too.

I think I would try to join another character with shadow / advantage too, and Osiris (currently I use with redemption / energy, however, a counter-strike works fine, I put the redemption, to remove effects) and another character to close the group.

Osiris, will work fine turning everything he can into gold (perfect heal shield for everyone, careful with crave). For the shadow talisman, look for someone with high damage (I thought of Lady Azov, but, the alchemist has it all these days, though, it's good to have a look in stock, maybe someone who can carry these talismans and increase accuracy too, more welcome.
    I do not know if it's the best strategy, but, anyway, that's usually what I'm trying to do, I'm glad I got it right and for helping

Cheers
    Awesome, thank you! I currently run Osiris with Warlord / Advantage / Guardian, because of the extra turn when healing and the 100% Crit chance, but I'll give the Redemption/Warlord combo a try, since I'm sure I could match another character that could grant any form of Crit to turn gold. His passive truly does work wonders. Definitely gonna see what I can do with the Shadow/Advantage combo, as that could be very useful to have alongside him. Alchemist could be very handy for controlling the enemy's golden effects and doing a decent chunk of damage, as I found out in the Magus Madness challenge.

I've also noticed a lot of characters tend to require certain effects before they can contribute their own, so I may start having to look back through the Character Effects guide to find the right characters for the job.

It's certainly a great place to start and is especially helpful for people who have no idea where to start, so thank you again for all your help and tips! Cheers! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    If you are looking for accuracy, you can try gunner desert marauder or assassin pyro soldier. Both has marksman passive, just dont go against a prisoner.
    Cheers for the tips! For a team like that, would it be useful to have Prisoner alongside them too? Assuming that the Passive Disable would just cancel out?

OS
    iOS
    One consideration I apply to this decision is whether the character has a stat-dependent skill/power. Boosting the stat(s) involved can make that part of the character more useful. Pretty much all talismans buff some combination of stats entirely apart from their other imparted abilities, so this stat/skill/power connection is my primary consideration. If there is not such a thing on the character, just have fun with the abilities of the talismans!
    Last edited by ArrRenn; 06-17-2021 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Improve clarity

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrRenn View Post
    One consideration I apply to this decision is whether the character has a stat-dependent skill/power. Boosting the stat(s) involved can make that part of the character more useful. Pretty much all talismans buff some combination of stats entirely apart from their other imparted abilities, so this stat/skill/power connection is my primary consideration. If there is not such a thing on the character, just have fun with the abilities of the talismans!
    Just to add to this (and complicate things further!) if you have a stat based ability, e.g. one that scales with def for example, then you need to also check you're using the right sub type of talisman... If you have an attack that scales with your HP and you're using green talismans, make sure you go for the Mystical sub type if you have them available as the HP stat is so much higher than either Ward or Overwhelming. Same goes for other stats (MR, Def, Special).

Name:  Subtype.png
Views: 3100
Size:  259.5 KB

Not much help if you only have one subtype of the talisman set that you want to use but if you do have a choice then it's an extra thing to consider.
    In game: CrazyPanda2018
    Clan: The Fallen

Fear of the Dark, Fear of the Dark;
    I have a Constant Fear of Running Out of Beer

'Compendium' content for all Talismans and Characters (Max Awakened only if awakenable) available to view here. Please note I'll try and keep this up to date every few weeks.

OS
    Android
    Lots of talismans have effects that go off perfect hits, the aim set is great for that. The aim cosmic is also a great filler in a character setup.

Most times it really boils down to what combinations you can cram depending on the locked slots, but I would go about equipping characters this way :

Can it wear 6 sets, if so which benefits him most.
    Can it wear a 5 set+a cosmic, and what combo of effects benefit him most...
    Can it wear 3+2+a cosmic,...
    Can it wear 4+2/3+3/2+2+2...

So mainly I look at the "fattest" sets the character can wear, works most of the times.

Taking inspiration from arena foes, or the strategy screen is a fine way of discovering new possibilities or interesting combos.

Once that's settled, I tried to memorize a few cool combos (sustaing work well with warlord and sacred, hex and dragonscale are good on ferryman...) and equip new characters with a basic setup as soon as I get them.

Beyond that, most characters you get you will never use, so strategy only comes into play when they become useful.

Meaning you only have to think about strategy for roughly 5% of all the characters in the game...

But then of course after a long time you have so many talismans piling up that you end up keeping characters because they provide storage space...