Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckFinn150 View Post
    Finally got the Mariner. After the Ferryman I'm little disappointed in the Mariner. Maybe after some talisman experiments I might change. He's not bad, but just not what I was expecting. What combos are you all running on him?
    "Finally"? Wow you must have been very active in Gauntlet recently then - congrats! I have 305 frags right now, and this includes the frags from the recent events like the Arena event! We still have plenty of time to get the mariner, right?

But yes, I also think he is not so powerful like some other new characters, even compared to some 4*. But I think he looks amazing and I will be happy to welcome him in my benchwarmer team
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    "Finally"? Wow you must have been very active in Gauntlet recently then - congrats! I have 305 frags right now, and this includes the frags from the recent events like the Arena event! We still have plenty of time to get the mariner, right?

But yes, I also think he is not so powerful like some other new characters, even compared to some 4*. But I think he looks amazing and I will be happy to welcome him in my benchwarmer team
    I think you need to be in top 10 at least once to get Ancient Mariner now. I'm experimenting with it right now. Its passive is a bit mystery. It basic move does sometimes 10K single char damage, and power move about 3x2000 to all. I'm using Avenger and Energy Sets. It can use Eternal set also, but its damage is magical and there are not any magic boosting Eternal Talismans available. Mariner is powerful, but it can't stand against Killer Prime.
    Last edited by Olevipoeg; 02-04-2019 at 02:42 PM.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    When he was released I set my sights and calculated how to get him. I've not been focusing on the events other than how to get more fragments and WE and Ferryman. Somehow the dungeon event was kind in granting the needed avenue for 100 fragments. Plus, pushing myself in the gauntlet.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Olevipoeg View Post
    I think you need to be in top 10 at least once to get Ancient Mariner now. I'm experimenting with it right now. Its passive is a bit mystery. It basic move does sometimes 10K single char damage, and power move about 3x2000 to all. I'm using Avenger and Energy Sets. It can use Eternal set also, but its damage is magical and there are not any magic boosting Eternal Talismans available. Mariner is powerful, but it can't stand against Killer Prime.
    From the opening post:
    "Our second Gauntlet season starts now and will run until March 17th at 5pm PT."
    This means there are still 3 rollovers left for 200 frags (actually a bit less as soon as my rewards get corrected).
    Normally we are able to get the event character if we reach AAA all the times.

So don't shock me Olevi! :P
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    Finally got the Mariner. After the Ferryman I'm little disappointed in the Mariner. Maybe after some talisman experiments I might change. He's not bad, but just not what I was expecting. What combos are you all running on him?
    I am with you on that. He felt underwhelming to me and I don’t see a place for him in the arena.

I am currently using energy and snow talisman on him. Still need to experiment with talisman and figure him out.
    Meanwhile, i set him as my champion for anyone who wants to try him out.

Waffen-7837

I play all my troopers everyday!!

OS
    Android
    I'm currently using energy and assassin. I was hoping he'd be more blue. I might try snow, but really thinking about steel. I wish I could get more blood soul to get another Warlord to use on him.

OS
    iOS
    I'm currently using energy and assassin. I was hoping he'd be more blue. I might try snow, but really thinking about steel. I wish I could get more blood soul to get another Warlord to use on him.
    Yes I am looking forward for blood souls event, so I can get more warlord talisman too.

I went with snow talisman to try and use him as a cleanser. But so far I have been having bad luck with his cleansing to proc, with 35% chance. Future talisman might improve the odds but he can get stunned and that defeats the purpose lol.

So I don’t think he can replace alchemist in pvp. And definitely isn’t worth replacing a blocker or current OP damage dealers (KP, ferryman, etc). So In my opinion, he doesn’t fit in the current pvp meta.

Waffen-7837

I play all my troopers everyday!!

OS
    Android
    I think I'm just going to set a nautical defence with Navigator, Ferryman and the Mariner.