Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    There is a lot of sense for the team to buff many of the old characters - especially the Eddies and many four and five stars. For me the Eddies should be the main caharcter in all teams at all times - he is the boss surely so he need to be using skills to match. Many old Eddies are just collecting dust until maybe an event comes around where you need one of their old skills - really there only major value others than early stages of Gauntlet - well for many of them.

Natural five stars need to be that at all times - they need to be great characters with great skills - many are not. As others have mentioned Carriage Rider was a main part of my team in the first year of playing, as was Samurai, Mummy, SoL...even Wickerman and Soldier. You hardly ever see any of them ever unless it is early gauntlet stages. They could all do with a refurb as could several others including Vampire Hunter, Rainmaker and Storm. Again, and easy thing to do I think.

I do get why we have four and five star Eddies but it my view from day one they should all be five star or at least be the lynch pin of the team - whatever that team is. More often than not they are not the main element of a team. Dont get me started on Killers Eddie - I have not used him much at all as he just is not that good for much in my eyes - or at least I have not seen his niche yet and very rarely see him anywhere at all! Weird considering he is brand new!
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppoah View Post
    I checked my roster and found a few other that were badly nerfed. First was PSS, Pharaoh Sun Spirit in case you forgot about this char. He did some huge damage in the very beginning. There was an extra thread for him. About the same time and he was one of my first sharded chars the blue allied soldiers shield was badly nerfed. He brought me very far in the game with his shield that did huge damage to the enemies. The next one was the green Axis Bomber Boy. When I first used him from a trooper he did huge damage. He was the first where I saw 20k damage AOE. Green harpy was a hard opponent in the beginning of the arena. As soon as I got her, she got nerfed. Golden Liliths damage nerf. Desert guardian could heal your whole team, now his heal is almost useless. I remember the nerf of blue CR, but don’t know what was the problem. I think it was her freezing with freeze talisman. And the last one I remember was the green UR when I faced him the first time in arena. He was the last man standing and I hardly could kill him because he was auto healing all the time and he could do some damage, too. I put shards on mine shortly after and used him sometimes in arena but was disappointed.
    That’s it for now.
    Cheers.
    PSS, Green Bomber and Blue Allied soldier were my go to team and my three to get five star and had all my decent talisman - I remember them well and they were great as a team - PSS was my main guy - pretty sure he is a naural 1 star to start with too? Anyway, he was my guy and my very first full power team player! Ahhh, the good old days! LOL
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Won't quote here & there we're all kinda lenghty & it'll look like a book before long lol...

The thread can go anywhere I don't mind but was somewhat specifically thinking about reverting some previous unnecessary nerfs..
    We can all find toons or Eddies in need of love that subject is vast...
    It technically even work in the P2W scheme as they would merely grow useful on a good day...

Someone reminded me about that poor red Troll... Seriously someone give him back his magma shield, was awful to face two years ago but now... Is it even really needed? PvE was that way and it worked can't see what it'd screw... Not even the P2W as he would still be seldom used..

Nerf bat used to be quite heavy back in the days some guys have all but simply been neutered.. For things that wouldn't even bring them up to par nowadays which is ridiculous...

AoF was damages nerfed twice... Before shield or damages reduction sets even exist! Back then only way against with high HP guys first turn was a Troll, was the Prisoners days tho... AoF WAS absolutely op, in that specific meta... It'd be a drop in water even on older specs now..

When I stop to think about it...
    GCR, SCD & MAS... Thoses former top guys are my get to go punching bag team to test defense sequences, guess why... There's nothing good there anymore def will never be in danger..

OS
    iOS
    Grim reaper desperately needs a buff...I hope he gets it on this month's toning

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer-Frost View Post
    Grim reaper desperately needs a buff...I hope he gets it on this month's toning
    Poor guy was used to be such a killing machine I remember his heydays, he's not shadow of himself..

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sag7272 View Post
    Poor guy was used to be such a killing machine I remember his heydays, he's not shadow of himself..
    Ikr. His slash doing 15k+ was godly back then. Now 15k just seems too small a number lol. Given as to how hard he use to be to get he deserves the next buff more than any other eddie

OS
    Android
    It's funny reading about all those old characters I never seemed to get until they weren't the latest and greatest anymore...
    Whilst I have been playing since almost the beginning - but not on the forums till the last 12 months, I had no idea so many of those characters had been nerfed, I will have to trust you all on that.
    I had another theory before seeing this thread on all those old characters, that they didn't get nerfed the characters that followed just evolved, got stronger, better passives, better skills, etc completely eclipsing there founding neighbours if you will.
    So if what I'm hearing is true and I believe it is, then reversing all those nerfed characters buffs and skills/strengths back to their former glory.... does anyone think they would still be as useful, would it bring them back? I have my doubts they would be evenly matched against characters from say the past 6 months...
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    @rags-0694 it would help me and everyone else, as it would give more Magus Eddie's that can help in gauntlet. A stronger CR would have helped me get out of AAA.

OS
    Android
    Yeah Magus Eddie's are rather poor in general. We got Crusader, Seventh Son and King Eddie in A tier. And then Speed of Light, Grim Reaper and Mystic Eddie are more C tier, while Wickerman and Carriage Rider are shit tier bottom of the barrel.

Most of that entire class needs a rework.

Prisoner got nerfed because of arena. Which is just rude. There was like 6 straight months of him not working properly because of the nerf to his passive. All the yellow passive effects nowadays don't know why he can't just go back to a full on passive block.

I remember Rainmaker having that one turn fury, which was nice. Supposedly a glitch, but if it wasn't, it would be cool to get a little closer to that again.