Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android

Reverting the past...

Was wondering this morning while browsing my inventory about all thoses toons that have been historically nerfed because of their long past meta...

Ain't that be a way to bring back some life in them?
    I mean, in current state of the game with everything that had changed & newer powerful guys... Most of them would still have hard times out there but they'd have some interest instead of collecting dust..

First example that comes to mind, Sentinel corrupt droid...
    That guy been nerfed back in beta PvP because "No Sentinel should do that kind of damages".... This argument is nowadays irrelevant with many examples to boot & SCD theses days is in most cases simply useless & overlooked... (Since he's been called the Sagbot I'm doubly sad about it lol)

Another BNW more controversial character, the infamous GCR... Back in the days she could hold a shitty team together alone, was obviously too much... But game had what 4 revivers back then & maybe 2 toons with permadeath..
    Nowadays permadeath/perfect death/Doom are legion as are revivers far more powerful than her...

Thoses are just easy examples, they where OP in their days but theses days they would with their past powers just be useful at best...

Sure anyone can pinpoint one nerf that should be undone because irrelevant since their causes are long gone...
    May put some life on the cheap for the older guys..
    Maybe just a can of worms too..
    Anyway just wondering..
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

(English is not my first language)

wrath nerf comes to mind. still has nice skills, but doesnt hit like an assassin...

OS
    iOS
    There are so many...

When I started PVP was ruled by VHE and Wrath. You just could NOT beat those teams if you didn't have those characters. And the only way to get tWrath was to slowly, week after week collect frags. it took weeks before MAYBE getting lucky enough to randomly have Wrath drop form an Eternal soul. I had all the other eternals long before Wrath would drop for me. And VHE was one of the last available Eddies to drop for me at the time. Now all the Eternals are weak... no better than any other character in their class. VHE is among the weakest of the Eddies, just barely above the default Mummy/HS/Soldier/Wicker bunch. Revive was rare... a team with VHE, Wrath, and Immortal talismans was something to be feared... now it's never even getting close to higher levels.

Nature of the game is the power creep. Any adjustments to older characters in terms of INCREASE seems to me an effort to keep them from being laughable most of the time. I mean the Hallowed Ed buff was a good buff, but I think that was because he was a single target hitter only and no one ever used him (*cough*cough* Trooper/Killers Ed). But the buff to Rainmaker was horribly underwhelming. 32 Skill Shards and he's still pretty sad (*cough* Killers Ed).

I think they seem to have an internal "Power scale" and try to keep character at some level based upon the ease of acquisition. Since the Troopers and Eternals are kind of easily acquired now, they are weaker. I suspect that's the case for may 4 star characters as well.

Say what you will about RNG, but I firmly believe drop odds are "tweaked" for certain characters. Like the current event... 4 Aces and 3 Doomsday drops.. but not a single Count.... those odds are horrific. Stronger characters seem to drop much less often than the weaker characters even if the star level is the same.
    Last edited by Yup; 01-10-2019 at 09:28 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Soldier Eddie comes to my mind. His fury did huge damage in the beginning. Roulette did heal the whole team. Astra‘s damage and stunning/removing. Void talismans became useless. Have to think about some others.
    Pepp-7418, daily player using all troopers daily

OS
    Android
    When I started Carriage Rider and From Reaper were top Eddies. The sad thing is GRE his a natural 5* and almost to the point of CRE. They both really need buffs to bring them back. No Eddie should be left so weak that no one wants to play them.

OS
    iOS
    But the thing is.. if you're new... how weak would you see the "weak" eddies? Sure if you've been playing for a year have everything fully skill sharded, have more than 200 relics, and are hitting the top of PVP and doing well in the Guantlet and can farm any level anywhere mindlessly... some Eds are unusable or horribly underpowered. But if your'e still making your way through BNW for the first time.. is GRE really "weak"?
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    @Yup I guess him and CR are some of my favorites and I want to see them as strong as the new Eddies. 😌

OS
    iOS
    I checked my roster and found a few other that were badly nerfed. First was PSS, Pharaoh Sun Spirit in case you forgot about this char. He did some huge damage in the very beginning. There was an extra thread for him. About the same time and he was one of my first sharded chars the blue allied soldiers shield was badly nerfed. He brought me very far in the game with his shield that did huge damage to the enemies. The next one was the green Axis Bomber Boy. When I first used him from a trooper he did huge damage. He was the first where I saw 20k damage AOE. Green harpy was a hard opponent in the beginning of the arena. As soon as I got her, she got nerfed. Golden Liliths damage nerf. Desert guardian could heal your whole team, now his heal is almost useless. I remember the nerf of blue CR, but don’t know what was the problem. I think it was her freezing with freeze talisman. And the last one I remember was the green UR when I faced him the first time in arena. He was the last man standing and I hardly could kill him because he was auto healing all the time and he could do some damage, too. I put shards on mine shortly after and used him sometimes in arena but was disappointed.
    That’s it for now.
    Cheers.
    Pepp-7418, daily player using all troopers daily

OS
    iOS
    Pepp was taking me way back. The team that got me through most of the game was

Soldier Eddie - one of my top favorite Eddies. Roulette was amazing for healing and buffing the group.

Magus Allied Soldier - that shield was king. Nothing would get past it.

Warrior Sun Spirit - I recall that thread and I remember how great he was.

https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?772-Pharaoh-Sun-Spirit-(Warrior)&highlight=Warrior+spirit

Assassin Possessed Mine - when they nerfed Magus Allied Soldier this became one of my first fully sharded 5* character. Man was he awesome

Gunner Corrupt Rescuer and Eda where also top allies at one time. Sadly I never got them until way after their prime.

So many lost good characters. I would enjoy seeing some of these old characters come back to life. I think many could benefit from just a damage boost.
    Last edited by Stormseye; 01-11-2019 at 01:20 PM.

OS
    Android
    CR Ed, Red Troll and Red Helhound was my farming team ... bunch of pushovers they are now ...

I highly doubt they will get stronger again. That would be against the "business model" as you suddenly wouldn't need the P2W chars to stay on top.

Never forgotten: New characters make money and not new content! (Sparton)
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.