Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

OS
    iOS

January 2019 Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY

This is the main post to discuss tuning changes that are in an upcoming update.

You can see the details for the preliminary tuning adjustments in the Game Updates forum post.

OS
    iOS
    A whole heap of good in there! Cant wait to give Carriage Rider and Wickerman more of a chop again!

Also, damn shame the sac & soul improvements didnt happen before this event :P

But at last it will potentially make grind dropping 1* souls much more rewarding (Even if a stack of 100 gives a handful of rares, then thatd be amazing)!

Also kudos for dropping the cost of PVP talis! I reckon you could maybe do something similar with the trooper character shards?

So which old chars will be next for boost balancing in Feb? Maybe RTTH? Mummy?
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    The Sacrifice and soul updates are the best in my eyes. I like the idea of fragments occasionally dropping from common souls, since now they've got a better use.
    The PVP talismans are awesome, glad to see the prices balance out a bit. Looks like I'll have some more reason to play Arena again
    Changes to Wickerman and Carriage Rider are decent. It certainly won't make them the best, but it'll certainly give them more usage in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Esquatcho View Post
    ...So which old chars will be next for boost balancing in Feb? Maybe RTTH? Mummy?
    Personally, I'd definitely expect Mummy since he's pretty much the weakest Eddie. His Fury does nothing at all, and he can only really stun, taunt and grant immunity. Maybe Storm or Soldier could also be buffed. I know they're all only natural 3*s, and therefore can't be too OP, but they're all outdated and could really use a good look at their skills.
    Deathbat-9018 - Caesar's Legion
    Ex-Romero's Legion First Officer

Your friendly neighbourhood Guide-ian Angel, a helpful source for Events and Missions alike.

Most wanted - 2019 Tour, Chords of Command, Day of the Dead, Hellraiser, Iron Mask, Legacy, Czar, False Gods, Merlin, Mystic Flame, Dark Road, Ed Hunter, Guy Fawkes, King Arthur, Life and Power, Cosmic Cyborg, Lone Star, Visions of Edorado

OS
    iOS
    Yes. Agreed. All looks great. Nice to see Sacrifices improving (Especially tier 5 which has always been the "suck point")

And nice to see new talismans in the shop and reduced costs.

Also good to see Bass Eddie getting tuning quickly. He's quite underwhelming at the moment.

(There is one typo I saw... "Basse")
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Souls and Sacrifice adjustments are clearly the best changes here, can't exactly say the same for character tuning until the update hits. Wickerman will maybe become useful now as he's more proper 3* quality. Carriage Rider still seems low tier compared to Crusader Eddie, but who knows maybe he'll magically become the highest magus Eddie damage dealer.

OS
    iOS
    Not sure what you mean.. Mummy, Soldier, CR.. all do pretty much the same damage as the latest Ed -- Bass Eddie. Bass Eddie just does more buff adding.

Maybe they meant "Bass" to be the fish.......
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Bass Eddie seems more like the kind of character who should do random damage instead of just magic, doesn't he? At least that would open up the door to more talisman options.

OS
    iOS
    Not sure. Magic Damage is okay... if he had 1 or 2 more AoE attacks other than the fury ... and for a 5 star, the damage should REALLY be increased. I know they are adding 1 skill shard to each ability, but that's hardly enough. I have him full power now.. an additional ~10-25% damage for his abilities ain't gunna to be much better.

I'd suggest increasing the base magic stat by AT LEAST 20%...
    Looking at other Magus Eds.. the MAG stat is in general range (800-900), other than Ed the Great (1300) and Wicker Ed (1000).
    The problem is.. he ONLY does MAG damage and to have basically the same general MAG stat as the 3 star M Eds (SOL, CR, Mystic, GRE) seems wrong.
    He should have a 5 Star MAG stat like Ed the Great (the other 5 star Magic damage dealer)

I'm leaving out Crusader and 7Son since they deal True damage. So the Mag stat is okay being at the same general level as GRE, CR, etc.

The only Exception to all this is Mystic Ed.. Magic Damage only, 5 star, and same basic MAG stat at ~900 -- But we all probably know Mystic Ed could use a buff as well.

And changing Lost World and Judas abilities to AoE attacks and add instant extra turn or a % chance for an extra turn to Deadly Rhythm
    CLANLESS

OS
    iOS
    So Carriage Rider is getting a buff... It looks like it'll do nothing but hey, at least it's something. Bass Eddie being buffed is a great thing, tho I kinda hate he's gonna need more skill shards than what he already had. Wickerman Eddie looks like he'll be useful for newer users, so good for them. The new Greed talismans look pretty neat, maybe they'll work good on Piece of Mind Eddie. The soul updates are nice, along with the sacrifice and pvp talismans. Well done.

OS
    Android
    Wicker and Carriage are 2 of my favorite eddies, cant wait to see them be at least playable now.

Very excited for the 4 set sentinel talis, and also the cost reduction on some of the old ones, I wanna experiment a little with duplicate sets but wasnt worth it before

Although am I the only who thinks 65% damsge reduction passive is nuts?