Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasmai View Post
    The teams are now so insane, there is no way i will be able to complete even 300 wins, I'll be lucky if I can manage to make it to 200 before it ends.

I think the event should be "play XXX battles in arena" That in itself is a huge time investment, should be enough to complete the goals.
    For all these arena events, you always need to invest some sow into losing to drop back down the rankings. Some ppl do it first. Didn’t know until I kept seeing myself get attacked by single eddies over and over!

Right now I’d just be happy to have the arena event available to me!
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    The thread about the gang banshee has important information on how to deal with this new defense set that we see around Assassin banshee / Magus Lilith...
    Based mostly on the combo the Stormseye set up, I managed to do something interesting for anyone who does not have the Final Frontier Eddie or all the relics, but of course, needs the Banshee Assassin and some talisman warlords. The team is as follows:

Doomsday Eddie (energy / warlord);
    The Alchemist (angel / warlord);
    Assassin Banshee (angel / fate);
    Desert Marauder Sentinel (eternals).

Team advised only for the attack, since, if the coin toss is turned against you, this team falls fast.
    If there is no immunity in lilith, I already use the DMS to disable the passive and I still take down the banshee first, the rest is just joy…If there is immunity, good will take a little longer, but in that case do the following thing…
    Use the DDE to join some power and if possible the Alchemist to complete the Fury bar.
    After that, DDE's fury will be able to remove everything you need to be able to disable MLilith's passive, and if possible overthrow the entire team with the alchemist's power and basics in another turn or two.
    Of course there are faster ways to achieve a victory as has been demonstrated by others here in the forum, but with this team at least, you will not be more than 3-4 shifts to achieve a victory.
    And most importantly, I have achieved garantid victories (slow some times) for any setup involving Assassin Banshee / Magus Lilith, the only problem here are teams involving the Prisoner, but nothing a second team can not give.
    I hope to help
    Cheers

Feel like i've been here before

Wickerman-7654

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquatcho View Post
    For all these arena events, you always need to invest some sow into losing to drop back down the rankings. Some ppl do it first. Didn’t know until I kept seeing myself get attacked by single eddies over and over!

That, or everyone can put up a weak defense to HELP each other. Wait, am I allowed to use the “H” word in this community?
    Because most people think fighting bots or getting a win with bots as defense team is apparently PVP. And they don’t want to lose in “PVP” as that would mean they have no skill and will be ashamed of their very existence.

Ok sarcasm aside, I don’t get why people don’t put up a weak defense during these arena events. But Whatever, it’s their decision.

Waffen-7837

I play all my troopers everyday!!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquatcho View Post

I have about a billion SoW, so i guess i could do this... Its the first time I have been this high, so I was hoping for some achievement completion... but I'd rather have the Mariner frags. Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by WickermanBR View Post
    The thread about the gang banshee has important information on how to deal with this new defense set that we see around Assassin banshee / Magus Lilith...
    Based mostly on the combo the Stormseye set up, I managed to do something interesting for anyone who does not have the Final Frontier Eddie or all the relics, but of course, needs the Banshee Assassin and some talisman warlords. The team is as follows:

Doomsday Eddie (energy / warlord);
    The Alchemist (angel / warlord);
    Assassin Banshee (angel / fate);
    Desert Marauder Sentinel (eternals).

Team advised only for the attack, since, if the coin toss is turned against you, this team falls fast.
    If there is no immunity in lilith, I already use the DMS to disable the passive and I still take down the banshee first, the rest is just joy…If there is immunity, good will take a little longer, but in that case do the following thing…
    Use the DDE to join some power and if possible the Alchemist to complete the Fury bar.
    After that, DDE's fury will be able to remove everything you need to be able to disable MLilith's passive, and if possible overthrow the entire team with the alchemist's power and basics in another turn or two.
    Of course there are faster ways to achieve a victory as has been demonstrated by others here in the forum, but with this team at least, you will not be more than 3-4 shifts to achieve a victory.
    And most importantly, I have achieved garantid victories (slow some times) for any setup involving Assassin Banshee / Magus Lilith, the only problem here are teams involving the Prisoner, but nothing a second team can not give.
    I hope to help
    Cheers
    I only have one set of warlord and no angels (until apparently they will be added as Iron Coin purchases soon) But I will play around with this setup a bit and see what I can do. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
    That, or everyone can put up a weak defense to HELP each other. Wait, am I allowed to use the “H” word in this community?
    Because most people think fighting bots or getting a win with bots as defense team is apparently PVP. And they don’t want to lose in “PVP” as that would mean they have no skill and will be ashamed of their very existence.

Ok sarcasm aside, I don’t get why people don’t put up a weak defense during these arena events. But Whatever, it’s their decision.
    Yeah I had that set up myself, usually always do but once I got into top 200 or so every single team was the same monster defense, so I added a real defense too.... I dont get it either, unless you are really pushing for #1 I guess?

OS
    Android
    Everyone's got their own reasons for wanting to finish or float in the level their in, I have been setting my defence low by day(for my location) and back up at night, I have become accustomed to finishing at least top 50 but most of the time top 25, I was where some of you are now, as was everyone at some point.

There are guys here who expect to finish top 10 or top 5 every week and they are happy to do what ever it takes to achieve it. Whether it's the prizes (I doubt it) or the weekly personal goal, it's their choice how they have their defence.

For you there is the same choice, I still have teams I'd rather not blow my sow on trying to defeat but sometimes I need to get some guts and have a go, I use it kind of like how does my team measure up....

Set your defence low and you will fall back down pretty quickly...
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    I just wanna try and get to 500 wins. I'm at nearly 300 now and things are stagnating because of the Banshee + Lilith copy-paste team that is lurking in the top 100.

OS
    iOS
    This week is really tough Amarthir. I may not even hit the 500 mark. Last week I finished 5th with 5776 points. 700 of those points I pushed for in the last few hours before reset. Today I am at 4776 points and barely at 17th place with 293 wins. I have already spend 450 ironite on SoW plus the free refills so those that are at the top 10 have already put in some fights. There are so many new players in the top end all toting the new Banshee. If you are looking for total wins and not any rank then I would suggest setting a weak defense so that your rank will fall and you can face less Banshee builds.

As a side note I had several fights this morning that penetrated the Banshee passive quite easily without Disable Passives. FFE, Alchemist, PoM and even a rival Assassin Banshee all went through and I even passed it once attacking a Magus Lillith and killing her without the passive kicking in.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormseye View Post
    This week is really tough Amarthir. I may not even hit the 500 mark. Last week I finished 5th with 5776 points. 700 of those points I pushed for in the last few hours before reset. Today I am at 4776 points and barely at 17th place with 293 wins. I have already spend 450 ironite on SoW plus the free refills so those that are at the top 10 have already put in some fights. There are so many new players in the top end all toting the new Banshee. If you are looking for total wins and not any rank then I would suggest setting a weak defense so that your rank will fall and you can face less Banshee builds.

As a side note I had several fights this morning that penetrated the Banshee passive quite easily without Disable Passives. FFE, Alchemist, PoM and even a rival Assassin Banshee all went through and I even passed it once attacking a Magus Lillith and killing her without the passive kicking in.
    I do have a weak defense but I usually only get around 10 or 15 hits every few hours. I did take your advice on using the warrior derby demon and it is working so far.

The funny part about this is that my ranking was in the 20,000's when this event began but not hardly an hour later I was already in the top 250. Now I want to go back lmao I'm not used to being in the top ranks.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by rags-6094 View Post
    Everyone's got their own reasons for wanting to finish or float in the level their in, I have been setting my defence low by day(for my location) and back up at night, I have become accustomed to finishing at least top 50 but most of the time top 25, I was where some of you are now, as was everyone at some point.

There are guys here who expect to finish top 10 or top 5 every week and they are happy to do what ever it takes to achieve it. Whether it's the prizes (I doubt it) or the weekly personal goal, it's their choice how they have their defence.

For you there is the same choice, I still have teams I'd rather not blow my sow on trying to defeat but sometimes I need to get some guts and have a go, I use it kind of like how does my team measure up....

Set your defence low and you will fall back down pretty quickly...
    Yeah I know. It’s just frustrating to have to go against all the banshee - M Lilith teams. Increasing the achievement from 200 to 500 this month doesn’t help at all.

I won 235 so far and I only have 2900 points but 8/10 teams are still crazy banshee defenses. So it’s not just the top 50 players try Harding.... I guess everyone else is chasing for that rare soul for finishing under 100 lol.

I hate arena but I only play these events because I need those iron coins for relics. Otherwise, I don’t see a point as the new teams are getting annoying (not hard or impossible, just annoying). I don’t see how people find it enjoying to go up against the same annoying team again and again for 500 times.

Like you said everyone has their own reasons. I don’t get their reasoning but it’s whatever. Who knows I might turn into one of them once I have all the relics lol, assuming I play this game for that long given all the bugs and where this game is going for me.

Waffen-7837

I play all my troopers everyday!!

OS
    Android
    This event is really, really tiring. Like most arena events actually. Who has the time to play all these times?? seriously. when you have to play the LoL , you auto play, seems fine. (it destroys your battery though) but on the arena to play it 500 times or 800... pfft! I get tired even writing about it.
    I'd go for the 400 if i had the patience and time. The rewards are a JOKE, and a bad one too. 5 fragments? F I V E? really now????
    WHY bother and not just wait 2 weeks to get 100-150 through gauntlet without much effort. It's not like the Ancient Mariner will make anyone a king. Sooner or later all of us will have him. The only interesting in the rewards are the Coins to buy relics. In my opinion. The 50 blood frags are not bad, but still...you need to play all these times. Everybody knows that a battle there can take minutes. And once you defeat the first 40-50 battles..then every battle is 3-10minutes.
    I don't know if it's just me...I find the arena to be pretty boring. the rewards are crap, unless you finish in the top25. I find it tiring to finish up as a warlord III, to get one rare soul and 10 eternity fragments.