Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    It's actually a good thing in a sense to not get every character just so that you concentrate on the ones you do have!
    Shuffling talisman around and leaving old completely skill sharded characters empty is becoming the norm, trying to keep every character full of talismansand ready to go is just not possible anymore.
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    The autist in me feels pain from sharded toons without talismans
    Liu-5868

from a world of magma to a cold rock face,
    the ascent of madness and the human race

OS
    Android
    I would tend to disagree with nerfing the character. Several people have come up with counters, and coming up with character combinations for pve and pvp is part of what makes the game interesting. I haven't had any issues going against the banshee myself.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by edsel View Post
    Nerfing upsets things WAY more than introducing a countermeasure. NF makes a new talisman or character that kicks ass, charges us to get it, then makes it obsolete with the next newest and greatest creation that we must have in order to stay competitive.
    Primordials are a great example. Some people spent money to get these. When released some (me included) got lots more than others. I had 4 sets, powered 24 talismans up at a hefty cost, and completely ruined the arena. I had a 70%+ defense rate and would destroy everything coming at me except gunner lilith if lucky. Uproar from the have nots prompted NF to remove many of their effects, making them jokes compared to what they were originally.
    Instead of making those of us who invested in them feel cheated, they should have introduced a countermeasure like a character or talisman that blocked what the Primordials were doing. Much like the new Radiant talismans do to the Warlords that are everywhere now.
    Remember how great VHE was? Then they cut off his balls, we all felt cheated.

No Nerf! Create countermeasures instead!
    the new banshee wasn’t much investment, and introducing more ass kicking things will simply decrease build diversity and make old toons useless

OS
    Android
    Muzzleloader Amen to that brother. I seldom play manual anymore, it's always auto and phone plugged up to the charger. I still look in about every 5 hours to get there satellite rewards, but other than arena and gauntlet I don't play manual. It's still fun and challenging, but very monotonous. I'm afraid to take a break, as I see how quick you fall behind. This game I hate to say is a bit of a chore.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalKing View Post
    I would tend to disagree with nerfing the character. Several people have come up with counters, and coming up with character combinations for pve and pvp is part of what makes the game interesting. I haven't had any issues going against the banshee myself.
    Neither do I have any problems against her, but at the rate this game is going if I ask myself: would I recommend this game to a friend? The answer is no.

OS
    iOS
    I have to agree that a change is not really necessary as there are plenty of build options to defeat the character. Most of them are easy to acquire like the Sentinel Desert Marauder or Warrior Derby Demon and really she is fairly easy to deal with even with a blocker. Unlike Hallowed Eddie builds or Iron Eddie/Prisoner builds where there was really no counter to the builds until new characters and talismans were released.

I feel that there was an influx of newer players higher in the ranks on this particular event because of the rewards offered. Many people who don't normally venture this far in the ranks were given an opportunity via this character to rise much higher than previous weeks. This also reinforces my theory that you don't need the best characters to be in the top in Arena. You just need a lot of time and a lot of wins. You don't have to beat every team, just beat more teams than the other guy. Consider also the rather large number of players who did not and have not had a chance to play this event do to the login bugs. The amount of players jockeying for position would be slightly higher still.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormseye View Post
    I have to agree that a change is not really necessary as there are plenty of build options to defeat the character. Most of them are easy to acquire like the Sentinel Desert Marauder or Warrior Derby Demon and really she is fairly easy to deal with even with a blocker. Unlike Hallowed Eddie builds or Iron Eddie/Prisoner builds where there was really no counter to the builds until new characters and talismans were released.

I feel that there was an influx of newer players higher in the ranks on this particular event because of the rewards offered. Many people who don't normally venture this far in the ranks were given an opportunity via this character to rise much higher than previous weeks. This also reinforces my theory that you don't need the best characters to be in the top in Arena. You just need a lot of time and a lot of wins. You don't have to beat every team, just beat more teams than the other guy. Consider also the rather large number of players who did not and have not had a chance to play this event do to the login bugs. The amount of players jockeying for position would be slightly higher still.
    You forgot a lot of ironite! But Stormseye your right, there are so many builds, I am having a lot of fun with the build I am currently using... I can't compete it's too late for me but I can still stir up my fellow troopers!

Like I said, I agree she has many counters by HUMAN players.

When you can go into arena and use that team in your offense, you win almost every time. Am I the only one that sees an issue in the offense side of it? AI is not smart enough to counter that team

OS
    Android
    Another similar thing I noticed is if you put the battle on auto the attacking AI always goes from left to right where as the defense can go to whatever character it wants to attack..