Extremely low 3* evo rune drop rate

From a week of gameplay I've calculated the 3* red evo rune drop rate in Battlefield and Underworld madness to be 1 in 88 rounds! Other runes may be affected but I've been trying for reds. This problem started when shards were pulled from the regular levels. This problem is as bad if not worse than when the shard drop rate was low since talismans provide most of the stats for a character. Fingers crossed that fixing this is on e devs agenda.

OS
    iOS
    I dislike the rate as well, but it's probably not a bug, I imagine this was on purpose.
    Drew-1616
    16 5 star characters level 100, 51 max talismans. Mostly Red builds.
    I rotate between the red bat, hellhound, samurai, soldier, purple harpy, and Carriage Rider. Looking for active troopers with Eddie champion, or max talisman ally.

OS
    iOS
    The issue is not a low drop rate of 3 star evolution runes. its a low drop rate of red 2 and 3 star evolution runes in relation to other colors. i am getting 2 or 3 blue yellow and purple for every red i see and something like 7 green. even rainbow runes seem to drop slightly more often than red.

OS
    iOS
    i had luck and got 4 or 5 rainbow 3* evo shards the last two days. double of complete last week.