Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Just got a mega pack, got two four stars but no Shadow Wicker Man Ed or Ferryman. This may be a while.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimDusk View Post
    Just got a mega pack, got two four stars but no Shadow Wicker Man Ed or Ferryman. This may be a while.
    Keep grinding, man!
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    Okay, just made it to the halfway point of The Ferryman Grind. Here are updated drop stats:

68 SoT refills bought with Ironite
    ~8 SoT refills accumulated for free
    ~76 SoT refills total (right on pace with our early estimates)

30 Souls from Store (using frags)
    13 Souls from achievements / rewards (3 remaining)

2x Shadow Wicker Man Eddie
    2x 4* dupes
    39x 3*

25 Rare Souls
    12 Skill Shards
    5 Oracle Talismans
    290 Frontier Coins

Also, decent Ironite drops to ease the pain a bit of buying refills. Plus, a ton of SoW.

Overall, I'd say a pretty decent return on Ironite. Even ignoring The Ferryman at the end, the other loot alone is probably worth the Ironite, not to mention any domino effects from sacrificing all these Shadow Soul and Rare Soul characters, especially with the tuning update that now gives Epic Soul frags with Rare Soul redemptions.
    Last edited by druid138; 01-31-2019 at 05:41 AM.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    I think my biggest annoyance with this event is that the cost of Shadow Souls for Wickerman soul Fragments is too high vs how many you get per run through the dungeon (on Madness).

I've completed the dungeon 416 times now (as of this post) with at least 350 of those on the Madness level (probably more), and so far I've earned 4277 Wickerman soul fragments.

That's not even enough to get the Shadow Soul mega pack twice (2500 x 2).

As there's no way to get Shadow Souls except through grinding away or from the event rewards, this puts a definite crimp on earning enough fragments for a Ferryman (which so far has eluded me thru Shadow Souls).

I suspect I'll be able to complete it and pull Ferryman from fragments (unless I'm lucky enough to pull the Ferryman from a Shadow Soul first), but it will take a huge amount of grinding - and the main issue isn't the sands of time, as much as it is just being in the game all the time! So glad I've got a separate device rather than doing this on my phone, as I doubt I'd have any chance at all.

Basically IMO: Either the fragments awarded need a slight boost, or the cost of the Shadow soul packs needs to drop. eg: 2000 for a mega-pack.
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

angelkelly
    I’m honestly done. The farming is beyond my capabilities, my eyes ache and my back is sore from all the sitting up.
    Anyway, good luck to those that will continue to run this never ending marathon.

OS
    iOS
    Get this.. Finally farmed enough to get the last 880 Wicker frags in order to get the LAST 3 souls I need to hit 750 Ferryman frags...

guess what drops in those last 3 souls..

yup.. Ferryman...

so Ferryman dropped and I was at 750 frags for another one. So now I have 2...

After some testing... not overly impressed with his PvP prowess against stronger characters (FFE, Alchemist, KillerPrime, Madam, The Count, Osiris, A Banshee, G Banshee, Doomsday, Hallowed, etc). He's easily killed and made inconsequential. The A Banshee + Blocker is still better as far as I can tell.

As for swapping souls for frags compared to souls for $$.. I would bet they lost revenue. No one really wants to grind this much in one area all the time spending all SOT on the same thing. The rewards are decent, but frags should really be 10, 18, 35 or 10,25, 50 (on madness). I will say it cost me MUCH less ironite to grind to 2500 frags than it would have to spend ironite on a soul megapack.

The grinding is shit though... horrible thing to force players to do in order to get rewards.
    Last edited by Yup; 01-31-2019 at 08:18 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    I am still grinding through this one, but that is fine because I can plug in the iphone and set it on auto madness all day long - though I have had two fails with my team which is super odd considering how many mega refilss I have done! Oh well, it was in the waking hours so nothing lost really!

I got the new Eddie last night and should have Ferryman later on today or tomorrow. Like others have said the other loot you get is decent - lots of SoW, Ironite and so many colourless shards that I keep getting stack overflows....but I did need to upgrade a lot of the old trash characters I suppose so no loss there! Quite decent gold too but then just using that on doing the upgrades.

All in all I am totally OK with this event because I can do it! Also helps that I got my individual compensation for the third party bug that I had for several days - that has been a very significant help on this event!!

I'll be interested to see what my ironite is like once I finish this event - I started with 3,059 and thought I would need to spend almost all of that to get the two caharacters. I doubt that, going on where I am now but will wait to see. As I said the compensation was a big help!

Cheers
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    Scott that is very bad for your battery,never use phone when charging is active...

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ip4 View Post
    Scott that is very bad for your battery,never use phone when charging is active...
    Myth...

http://https://www.apple.com/shop/question/answers/readonly/tag/iphone/does-it-damage-my-battery-if-i-use-my-iphone-6-while-charging/QJ4P2X2944T7X7HH2
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekroliun View Post
    I come to say

This is hard. Does he have immunity to passive disable btw? Cus my boy gringo's hallowed couldnt disable shit
    I know right!? I found out the hard way... Was the same with the Krampus dungeon before. Its like they dont want us using Hallowed in these dungeons! :'(
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs