Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Do vortex fills no longer give skill shards???

I know there are times when a vortex fill just won't give any skill shards... luck of the draw (or bad luck as it is)... but...

I've noticed the new changes..

Tier 4-7 often provide at least 1 skill shard and rewards are generally a bit better than they were previously. This is nice.

However, I've done 2 vortex fills since the changes were implemented and receive ZERO skill shards. I do get a great deal more rare class souls (often convert to just 3 star toons though)... but I get fewer Legendary souls and no skill shards.

If this happened once, okay.. bad luck.. but it's happened with 2 successive vortex fills now. (a couple days apart)

Have the skill shard rewards for vortex fills been decreased in favor of rare class souls???

If so, please change it back. The PRIMARY benefit of the vortex fill is the drop of 5-10 skill shards and the Alchemist frags. Everything other than that is typically good, but not as desirable.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Hi Yup
    Nice Thread, I was going to start one on this topic myself, well kinda anyway...
    I received 2 x skill shards from a full vortex yesterday but none on the grand sacrifice I did to get the vortex...

But the other prizes were pretty cool, but I used to count on a high skill shard drop rate from a full vortex...
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    Well 2 is twice as much as I've seen from 2 vortex fills.

I have been getting 1 more often from tier 5 (grand) though.

I used to absolutely expect MAYBE (very rarely actually) 1 from tier 4, NONE from tier 5 ever, and MAYBE 1 or 2 from tiers 6 and 7.. and then 5-10 from a vortex fill.

With the changes, I'm beginning to anticipate maybe 1 from tiers 4-5, probably 1 maybe 2 from tier 6, 1 or 2 from tier 7, and NONE from a vortex fill.

I know it's random.. but a vortex fill should really always guarantee skill shards in my opinion. I see a vortex fill like a mythical soul.. you KNOW you'll get something good, you just don't know the specifics (as in number of shards).

Frankly I can see how the rare class souls benefit newer players, but I find them largely useless and nothing more than sacrifice meat. And as a new player I salivated over vortex fills to get skill shards to power up what I had.
    Last edited by Yup; 02-03-2019 at 12:30 AM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    I 100% agree Yup, I liked the expectation of 6 to 10 skill shards... I feel kinda lucky I got two now!

OS
    Android
    Do you think they changed the drop rate because of the last few sacrifice events? They have made vortex fills much easier in several of the sac events.

The SS drop rate in the dungeon event was decent. My nephew grinded to get the ferryman and pulled 30+ SS.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    That is really good ML! I think I picked up maybe three or four skill shards, but I picked up a fair bit of FC too, I don't think they have made vortex fills easier just higher essence values on many characters since last October Sac event...

Definately skill shard drop rate is down in vortex fills though...

OS
    iOS
    Well they DID change the rates and what drops for sacrifices, it was in update notes. They added the rare class souls and frags to drops.

I'm not speaking of SS drops from anywhere else, they've been the same or better (like the event) -- I'm only referring to vortex fills here. those seem pretty deficient after 2 vortex fills since the update.
    CLANLESS

OS
    Android
    I just did another grand sacrifice and got 1 skill shard... I used all the powered up characters from the event that I don't need anymore.. still got 14 x single star souls to power up, ever since you mentioned it the other day I can't seem to drop many...

OS
    Android
    I think that most of the new rewards need to be thrown down to the lower tiers. As it is right now, everything between Meager and Grand is absolutely pointless. You could have put the gold, ironite and fragments in those tiers and saved the rare souls for grand and exalted and then have the legendary and mythic souls for Ultimate and vortex fills.

The other problem I have is the new quantity of souls. On the day of the update I did an Exalted test and got a collective quantity of like 4 colored souls and I think 1 epic soul. That's terrible return for what costs a minimum 9 maxed 4* characters.

Coming back to the fragments I have to ask again, why the hell would I want to Sacrifice high essence characters for a fraction of a soul? Imagine pumping out a bunch of 5* characters to come home with like, 100 mythical fragments? I'd be pretty pissed off. I don't know the whole ratio of fragments you get here but the fact that the reward exists in tier 6 and above is a stupid decision.

Lastly I'm going to touch the obvious one. Why the gold and ironite? Just.... Why? How much do you have to be rewarded to have it considered worth the trade?

OS
    Android
    When they posted the potential changes a while back we were led to believe the rewards for sacrifices were going to be better...