Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android

Assassin Banshee pretty much makes the guantlet unplayable.

Im at the point where its not a big deal in pvp, sure. But when you get to like your 2nd or 3rd banshee in the guantlet and youre running out of the small handful of characters that can counter her, youre just screwed even if youve won every time. Maybe Im just really unlucky I keep getting her paired with blockers and alchemists every time.

Ive never had this kind of issue with a single character before. The guantlet used to work like its supposed to, a fun battle of attrition wearing you down till theres a team you dont have the resources to beat. Nowadays it doesnt matter how many talismans or different toons you save up, you just auto lose with 80% of your roster still available lol
    Last edited by Daviangers; 02-07-2019 at 10:10 PM.

OS
    iOS
    I once had a post about how her passive needs to get changed, but I got blasted by the majority who say: She is not a issue. She’s perfectly fine, very easily countered.

Yes guys, have it your way then~

Nobody realize that something is not right when that something can only be countered by one single mechanic.

At least I did not see her even a single time in this gauntlet and I’m at fight#70. I guess you do get rewarded for doing the right thing sometimes.

Her passive should just be: grant 1turn shroud to all allies at beginning of every turn.

I know this sounds boring as hell but if the top players in this game get banshee 5 times they would understand how painful her passive is

A soft nerf version would be to remove the %chance of not taking damage part. And just have it be a unremoveable version of shroud so by stacking multi hitter you have a chance of killing the team.
    Last edited by Zantarath; 02-09-2019 at 05:17 AM.

OS
    Android
    I don't have too much of an issue with her passive by itself.

But her passive combined with her basic attack is really the issue for me.

This is because her basic attack grants all allies Perfect Immunity. To block her passive, you need to remove that first, which is what makes it harder to do. It also makes it harder to stack any other negative effects on her.

Think perhaps rather than granting all allies Perfect Immunity, this should be like a 75% (or 80%) chance per ally. This way there's a 1 in 4 (or 5) chance she won't have Perfect Immunity on her.

This will reduce her effectiveness, but won't totally nuke her abilities (which is the all-too-common response to slightly OP characters, rendering them totally useless).
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    Android
    Threw everything I had on a gauntlet battle with DDE, ass banshee, Set and the alchemist (with angel talismans) Couldn't beat it, and I have a fairly large amount of characters. Maybe im justnot using the right combo but you have to pull off immunity, disable passive, kill alchemist in one turn or they just reset

OS
    Android
    I'm sorry guys, I do understand what your saying, but if your a player that doesn't have a KP like me then you need that extra level of protection to deal with the shear damage KP does on his own. His passive is bad enough without the damage he reaps, put KP and FFE in the same team? Well that leaves everyone rather vunerable, if that team puts a Prisoner in there as well, then I just don't even have the time to bother changing defences, so I just avoid those teams...

I do agree with daviangers though when we only get to use our best once but need to use our brains and be prepared to swap out talisman in second best characters to take on Gauntlet which predictably doubles, triples and quadruples the use of characters we can only use once... so fair.... (roll of the eyes) it used to be good I think his comments captured it perfectly.
    So I would be asking to protect Assasin Banshee and don't change her in any way, shape or form!
    If you feel like nerfing some toon nerf that pain in the ass KP!
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    I agree with rags. Me first thought when seeing this thread was again a complaint against ass banshee but everybody's fine with KP. Personally I don't think any toon needs nerfing. They're releasing new toons at an incredible speed, making the meta changing equally fast. As long as the rate of new releases doesn't slow down significantly, I don't think nerfs will affect the meta in a meaningful way. It just leads to the creation of threads asking that older toons (particularly those that have been nerfed) require a buff.
    Liu-5868

from a world of magma to a cold rock face,
    the ascent of madness and the human race

OS
    iOS
    +1 without KP...

OS
    Android
    My first SS fight is FFE, Assassin Banshee, Magus Lilith and ... Ferryman. Thank you very much! As I don't have Ferryman so I can't even test it myself. I have two teams who can beat the combo for sure, but as sure as hell there be at least two old good FFE KP teams coming. And then I will be s**t outta luck.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    I agree. Changes should be made to her but won’t for a while. Just another reason for me to stop Gaunlet at SS. Just frustrating attacking teams with her in and not making a dent into their health.

OS
    Android
    According to state of the nation 2019 they will:

Gauntlet, we will also be refining the matchmaking to reduce the chances of running into the same team setups multiple times

So they don't need to nerf any character.