Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

DOOM-PERFECT DEATH-PERMADEATH & SOUL PROTECT/GHOST The truth and the BS!

Where to start... I have written to support on a number of occasions about the issues with these particular effects. Call them what you will but they do not work as described, once upon a time they did, or at least Doom did anyway..
    I thought if I could start a thread where we could discuss what has happened to you in arena, Gauntlet or otherwise, what did not work as it should? Is there a set of common rules the AI plays by that wrong or right we can all learn and hopefully use to our advantage.

At least that way if these issues continue to fall on deaf ears we can use to our advantage.

Name:  20190213_155645.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  64.0 KB

Name:  20190213_155731.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  46.2 KB

Name:  20190213_155845.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  65.7 KB

Name:  20190213_155930.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  61.2 KB
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    Doom is a great example here, I just faced a team in Arena consisting of BBE, Osiris, The Clairvoyant and Sekhmet. Three revivers...

I'll spare you the long story but my Alchemist Doomed Sekhmet and Osiris, BBE was already dead (not doomed) I was playing the game out on purpose so it went a fair bit longer than it needed to.
    I let Clair's fury go off, she revived the whole team, so you see it is not just limited to Osiris that has the power to overcome doom.
    We should remember that doom says "if it times out" not "if marked by at any time" so does this mean that even when marked by doom if the character is killed before the doom timer has gone off that technically the doom did not play out its roll so the character should be able to be revived!

Only if the doom timer has elapsed will the character die and not be available for reviving. I'm still confident it does not occur the way it's designed.

Funny that it says cannot be cleansed or transferred still when Alchemist amongst a big list of characters cleanes it regularly and Crusaders basic Liberation can transfer it...

What's your experience?
    Last edited by rags-6094; 02-13-2019 at 05:49 AM.

OS
    iOS
    Thats interesting, Ive not had to use doom that often against enemies so cant give too much guidance, but I will keep an eye on it certainly.

As a user of Hallowed Eddie though, pefect death seems to work as advertised (apart from being removed)

On that:'cannot be transferred or removed' that sits on many yellow/silver effects, but clearly they can since the writeups were done. Im guessing that there might need to be a job at some stage to go through and rewrite them as 'more difficult to remove' realistically.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    Well thanks It seems I'm the only person that has seen real issues with these negative buffs, or is the rest of the world still asleep?
    There was a time when permadeth worked then it didn't work, but lately with KP at least it does seem to be doing at least part of what was intended.

How is it then that Icarus cannot seem to inherit soul protect or be it ghost at the time but FFE can?

Alchemist has no problems removing the gold ghost icon from his enemies and replacing it with a silver buff sealing their fate!
    I have placed perfect death in with the others as they all share similar rules, it is likely that perfect death is working correctly, hopefully if this thread works as intended we shall all know what works and what doesn't .

OS
    iOS
    I doomed an Icarus in the Gauntlet, no prizes for guessing what happened when I killed him

OS
    iOS
    I've seen characters revive themselves 3 or 4 times with no active immortality buff.. and no revivers on the team..... 1 turn ago they MAY have had a Perfect immortality buff from Primordials, but that was removed before they died..... still they (alchemist) revived at least 2 more time.

One of those things you see and think "How the hell did that happen?? oh well, I must not have seen the buff." .. then it happens again... and again and you KNOW somethings weird.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Yeah, like I said I dont always pay attention. I have definitely seen funny things happen though, both against and to my benefit, but usually its when its auto playing and there are numbers and buffs flying everywhere making it hard to pinpoint down.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    I've regularly seen a character with Doom and Immortality be killed by an attack before the Doom counter hits zero. The Immortality is cancelled and they don't auto resurrect BUT they can be resurrected by another character - it's almost like a half-permadeath unless the counter hits 0, then it's the same as permadeath. This seems to match what's been observed above.
    In game: CrazyPanda2018
    Clan: The Fallen

Fear of the Dark, Fear of the Dark;
    I have a Constant Fear of Running Out of Beer

'Compendium' content for all Talismans and Characters (Max Awakened only if awakenable) available to view here. Please note I'll try and keep this up to date every few weeks.

OS
    iOS
    I have not had an issue with Permadeath not working but Osiris has revived many a Doomed ally, multiple times even. I have had Benjamin Breeg do the same. For me it seems to only be on issue with Doom. Killer Prime’s permadeath seems to work just fine as tested against Charlotte’s power move and and her not being able to revive.

Perhaps the counter must activate in order for Doom to be effective. Any death prior to that will not result in permadeath.

Not sure but it does seem a bit off in its functionality.
    Last edited by Stormseye; 02-13-2019 at 06:11 PM.

OS
    Android
    I thought doom has a clear if-then-else statement: If duration reaches 0, then this character dies and cannot be revived, else - nothing. The effect only applies if the condition is met. Should the character die before the timer has reached zero, the condition hasn't been met and the effect doesn't apply. Since other silver effects are removed upon death, I would assume the same to be true for doom.
    No ?
    Liu-5868

from a world of magma to a cold rock face,
    the ascent of madness and the human race