Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Olevipoeg View Post
    It was very good event after all. I burned all my 26M gold, yesterday i had 15K left. But I got Viking Eddie, Phantom Eddie and 400 heroic souls and some skill shards.
    Whoa, nice! I think I grabbed about 150+ heroic souls (plus 4 legendaries and 2 mythicals) and spent about 10M. I think Im up about about 150 skill shards (hard to tell as I was maxing chars as I got them!), I've got 3 normal mythicals set to go, as well as 5 eddies ready for an ultimate for the next sac event. On top of that I've gained hundreds of regular souls. I think the only chars Im still missing from regular souls are the Allied General and assassin trickster and chopper (I actually got one of these but accidentally sac'd in all the chaos).

Most of that 10M went since the update too

I was spewing I missed the last pumpkin-fest, which went nuts. Glad I finally was prepared for one of these! Lucky the gold event happened earlier too - Thanks Devs! Say what you will about other things, but the sequencing of the events is usually pretty spot on.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    This was event was great. Before the change you could keep sacing perpetually. I'm not sure if the changes were inappropriate, because there really should be a limiting factor other than time. That being said, even after the changes it was possible to keep sacing perpetually if done right. I basically converted ALL sac-related fragments into precious souls, which yielded a sufficient amount of gold idols to keep the loop going.
    I can't say for sure how much I've gotten out of it, but it must've been about 6 or 7 alchemists, close to 600 SS, about 7k ironite and various toons. I got most of the 5* regulars I was missing. Since I don't want to collect everything there is (that scrolling just drives me mad) I saced most of the 4* regulars.

That being said, I think the addition of ironite to the pit was a truly great idea, but in general I believe the rewards aren't as good as they have been before. Since it's easier to collect lots of souls than in the past this probably makes sense, but still ...
    Liu-5868

from a world of magma to a cold rock face,
    the ascent of madness and the human race

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Liu View Post
    I basically converted ALL sac-related fragments into precious souls, which yielded a sufficient amount of gold idols to keep the loop going.
    Doh! Wish you'd mentioned something sooner! I suppose you've sacrificed (pardon the pun) the ability to get new chars with the shards, but instead allowed you to keep getting rolling through heaps of other souls and hearts. Nice thinking man!
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquatcho View Post
    Doh! Wish you'd mentioned something sooner! I suppose you've sacrificed (pardon the pun) the ability to get new chars with the shards, but instead allowed you to keep getting rolling through heaps of other souls and hearts. Nice thinking man!
    I did mention the strategy in that thread though admittedly at that point I didn't convert mythical fragments, which I started doing only after the supposed rework. Plus, people may not have been looking for strategies in the elephant thread, my apologies for not sharing here sooner. I also didn't open any of the heroic or normal rare souls, I focused only on event souls, and those that provide fragments. Hope this helps for future events, that is of course, if they don't adjust the pit and it's rewards further.
    Last edited by Liu; 02-21-2019 at 01:22 PM.
    Liu-5868

from a world of magma to a cold rock face,
    the ascent of madness and the human race

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Liu View Post
    I did mention the strategy in that thread though admittedly at that point I didn't convert mythical fragments, which I started doing only after the supposed rework. Plus, people may not have been looking for strategies in the elephant thread, my apologies for not sharing here sooner. I also didn't open any of the heroic or normal rare souls, I focused only on event souls, and those that provide fragments. Hope this helps for future events, that is of course, if they don't adjust the pit and it's rewards further.
    Yeah, nah, I read that post and forgot about it. All my fault for not listening Def will remember for next time. In a way, the new sac with all the epics at least allows that level of flexibility!
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:

OS
    Android
    I didn't realize the Saint Talismans would disappear from the store so quickly after the event. I was going to purchase the last one for ironite but its now gone. Do we expect these to show up again.

Its really frustrating to be constantly missing 1 talisman of a set without any chance to fix it. I have the same issue with several other sets.
    Lanowen-8038

OS
    Android
    Usually once the event is done, they remove the purchasable items. They will probably be available in the future, but you never know when or how they will be available.

Does the sets revive ability work? It still doesnt show that ability under the talisman tab.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    Usually once the event is done, they remove the purchasable items. They will probably be available in the future, but you never know when or how they will be available.

Does the sets revive ability work? It still doesnt show that ability under the talisman tab.
    The revive works, I ran into a Doomsday Eddie in the arena last night that revived a Lilith that I'm pretty sure was inflicted with permadeath.