Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Liu View Post
    I'm kinda surprised so many of you are happy with the new sac rewards. In a previous post I have mentioned that the core problem in this game is inflation. The new sacrifice system is just another part of the game that has been inflated. The quantity of the rewards has increased, but the quality has decreased. For example you receive a lot of epic souls, but you can't get 5* souls from them. Basically these should be called "fodder souls" instead of epic souls. Most of the rewards are coined to keep you in the sac pit as long as possible, even dropping some gold to make sure you can open the newly received souls in order to obtain more fodder. The return of skill shards is downright ridiculous, those of us that didn't save up hundreds of SS won't be able to rely on the sac pit to satisfy our demand for SSs. The only positive aspect of the new system is the ironite reward, though I could point out these just ensure you can "play" more by buying SoT/SoW - so as to reach the event goals, that also have been greatly inflated.
    To sum it up at least to me me it seems the whole thing was designed to keep us hooked on the app as long as possible, and in the end returns less for more time invested.
    I think its because of the ever increasing shards when you drop. So yes, 4*'s kinda suck, but at the same token I used to get way more regular souls. At least 4* you can level up cheaply to give you level V sacs. But the kicker is that once you drop those you get mythical shards, which are the ones that you really want to nab those chars you really want.

Personally I get that there isnt nearly as many SS's, but for those of us still hunting for a heap of chars, the new system is actually better. And this event seems to allow a nice 'roll' with the resulting hearts.

Im not actually sure if the sac changes have made that much of an inflation issue. And with the ironite rewards - That alone is much more valuable than SS imo. At least until you get to the point where you want to be sharding hundreds of 5* toons. But in aqcuisition, I can make do sharding only good chars that come my way (like the crusader I just got in the first round of saccing).

The only bit I dont relly like is the gold reward bit. It kinda sucks when you land it as in relative terms its probably the least valuable reward imo.

Edit: Also, just got 9 SS from a vortex, so looks like you can still accrue them, just perhaps not as fast...
    Last edited by Esquatcho; 02-14-2019 at 11:38 AM.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    iOS
    I am on around 3 vortex fills - got all the event targets easily enough. Lots more skill shard (but dont need them really), quite a lot of gold (so probably will break even or maybe a slight gain), no new characters (yet - but only searching for a couple that should be easy to get), some FC, some ironite and the usual souls and in that a couple of mythic but I have them all as I do for the epic souls so really so far not great for new stuff other than the tallies. Think I will start saving for the next one as this one has been a bit meh - I suppose I do have a lot more heroic souls and a mythic or is it legendary version so need to keep that for redan or the count in the future.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    I don't like the new sacrifice rewards system, for one main and very important reason:
    NO SKILL SHARDS !!!!
    After 6 tier VI sacrifices and after one tier VII sacrifices, I got NO SKILL SHARDS !!!!
    The only way to get that is vortex fill. I reached 2 vortex fills and received 10 skill shards only for that.

Before the actual changes, tier VI sacrifices gave me very very often some skill shards ...

The other changes are ok for me, but the skill shards for me are too much important, so I'm not happy for the changes...
    game-id: IronMik-8041

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmar View Post
    I don't like the new sacrifice rewards system, for one main and very important reason:
    NO SKILL SHARDS !!!!
    After 6 tier VI sacrifices and after one tier VII sacrifices, I got NO SKILL SHARDS !!!!
    The only way to get that is vortex fill. I reached 2 vortex fills and received 10 skill shards only for that.
    I seemed to get a surprising amount of skill shards from level V when sacrificing 10x 3* hearts - I guess it's all part of the RNG.
    In game: CrazyPanda2018
    Clan: The Fallen

Fear of the Dark, Fear of the Dark;
    I have a Constant Fear of Running Out of Beer

'Compendium' content for all Talismans and Characters (Max Awakened only if awakenable) available to view here. Please note I'll try and keep this up to date every few weeks.

OS
    iOS
    This sac event was excellent for me since this is the first time I was actually pretty decently prepared. I got 3 new Eddies I've been trying to get for quite awhile now (Phantom, Iron, and Benjamin Breeg) and I'm almost on my 3rd vortex fill as I write this. I got skill shards for days too and that was much needed as I'm trying gather more characters for the gauntlet.
    I got several other characters I've been wanting too which made this event a good one for me so far. Out of curiosity, what was the best thing anyone got personally speaking? For me I'd have to say it's the 3 Eddies.

It may just be me, but I feel like this sac event has been better than some in the past but that could just be because I was actually ready for this one.
    Last edited by Mitch-4441; 02-14-2019 at 12:52 PM.

OS
    Android
    Well 3 vortices, two ultimates and a heap of exalted yielded 20 SS and about 300 ironite as well as numerous 4* fodder toons for me. Don't know if I'm on the unlucky end, but yeah, not even enough to shard an eddie ... Still got some left to sac though.
    Liu-5868

from a world of magma to a cold rock face,
    the ascent of madness and the human race

OS
    iOS
    Pretty much done with event.
    Though I did manage one new 4* I did not have there was no need for characters since the only thing I am lacking is Heroic and Event characters.

I had about 6000 snow frags left and snowmen are 2025 sac value. I used those along with my other souls and gained close to 1k ironite, nearly 500 FC, around +2 million gold and about 100 skill shards. Tier V felt like it was giving the most return so that is mostly what I went for. I still have a large amount of souls left but I will probbaly save them for the next sac event.

I like the event in general though the epic class souls that grant only 4* seems like just fodder for the pit but maybe they will help others who don’t have a deep roster.

There is a Magus Derby Demon but she was from event souls and there is no Gunner Derby Demon.

Rags is your inbox full?
    Last edited by Stormseye; 02-14-2019 at 01:44 PM.

OS
    iOS
    That was the wildest Sacrifice chain I've yet done. I now have Iron Eddie, Crusader Eddie and, at long last, Samurai Eddie. Been waiting for him in particular for literally years. Also got the yellow kunoichi, which was the only one I was missing so that was cool.

Only issue now is that I don't quite have the best selection of talismans for all my new guys. Samurai is all set but what talismans do you guys like for Iron and Crusader?
    Volrath-0020
    Joms Vikings 4 Lyfe

OS
    iOS
    After hours upon hours of sacrificing and cracking souls open, I could say this event's been pretty good. Got Crusader and Clansman added to my Eddie collection, plus got Icarus and Madam, along with the rest of the Banshee gang and a warrior Shinobi. But...I'm still pretty agitated that nothing ended up giving me that damn Doomsday Eddie! I swear that this game just does not want me to have him. Maybe I'll get super lucky in the next few days of the event but I'm quite pessimistic by this point.
    Been playing and collecting Eddies since the beginning...and I finally have 'em all!
    Romero's Legion will never die for good

OS
    Android
    For Crusader he can fit advantage and shadow, keeping him a bit extra safe to get to fury, and getting big damaging attacks.
    Edd-6184

Yes, I was the guy with the "now not so meme" arena defense of Shaman Eddie and three ult. Sac. Hearts. Changed a Heart and Eddie

I was gone for like 3 years, still getting used to how the game works now.