OS
    Android

What makes an event worthwhile?

Please Express your opinions on what you think makes an event worthwhile. For me, I gauge it on several things. One- the new event has new levels, new characters, or both. Two-the new event presents challenges to overcome. Three-I get a character that I did not have. 4-I get several skill shards and some new talismans.
    What other criteria would you use?

OS
    iOS
    For me its mainly collecting new stuff, and new levels, fear of the dark was great because yo that was something new, imo every seasonal event should have something like fear of the dark, but i havent been around this Christmas so if it was like that then cool! But skill shards and characters are my main focus. In the current event i collected so many 5 star eddies that i went from only owning rainmaker to owning beast, aces high, vamp hunter, phantom, clansman, edward, piece of mind, mystic, seventh son, cyborg, Benjamin, iron, tailgunner and crusader. Also got a prisoner, and a witchdoctor and a whoooole lotta dupe generals and nomads.

So yea, i mostly play for collecting cool stuff lol
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    Android
    For new characters, a reasonable chance at obtaining them (not guaranteed, but not 0.0001% or spend 7,000 ironite on 75 event souls - something around the 2,500 ironite mark would be more accessible). I've nothing against them selling talisman sets for real money as long as they then become available at a later date through IC/FC/Gauntlet/other events - paying to get something early is fine, paying to get something that's exclusive can be annoying. I like the new Dungeons they've started doing as they offer a bit of variety. Grind events can be tedious if the objective is to do thousands of effects that are only possible via a rare talisman set and, even then, having a 35% chance of triggering, so moderation in planning these so everyone can take part is something that ought to be considered.

Basically, whatever the new content is there ought to be a substantial chance that any regular player can achieve it - thinking along the lines of people who play all their Troopers every day as a bench mark. Not that everyone will get everything, but that it's possible to get things without spending a ridiculous amount of resources/real money.
    In game: CrazyPanda2018
    Clan: The Fallen

Fear of the Dark, Fear of the Dark;
    I have a Constant Fear of Running Out of Beer

'Compendium' content for all Talismans and Characters (Max Awakened only if awakenable) available to view here. Please note I'll try and keep this up to date every few weeks.

OS
    Android
    To me every event has its reason for being and I participate in all of them. Not only the rewards are important but also the variety in game play that breaks the standard farming procedure. Events that want you to apply specific buffs/debuffs give me the challenge to do it as effective as possible for example with the best combination of characters and talismans to apply as many effects as possible per run - this can also mean that you want to do very little damage. The recently introduced dungeons give the challenge to find a team that is 100% reliable for autoplay and (if possible) as quick as possible. Arena events are the only ones where do not complete all milestones - with 1 exception when it was extended for another week.
    For "open end" events like LoL farming, dungeons or sacrifice you need to set your own "limit" or "goals" that you try to reach. E.g. in the first few dungeons my goal was to have 1 complete talisman set. For LoL-events I set myself a fixed number of refills per day and only add another one if I am close to get another event character. This needs some rethinking as the fragment drop rates decreased over time and concurrently the fragment demand increased because of new items/talis available as trading goods in the shop.

Do you skip events completely as they are not worthwile for you?

I would not want to skip events but I would rather enjoy some more breaks between events to have time for testing of different team builds, talisman combos etc. Recently I go all missing characters including the madam, count, redan, ferryman but have not really played them yet.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    To me every event has its reason for being and I participate in all of them. Not only the rewards are important but also the variety in game play that breaks the standard farming procedure. Events that want you to apply specific buffs/debuffs give me the challenge to do it as effective as possible for example with the best combination of characters and talismans to apply as many effects as possible per run - this can also mean that you want to do very little damage. The recently introduced dungeons give the challenge to find a team that is 100% reliable for autoplay and (if possible) as quick as possible. Arena events are the only ones where do not complete all milestones - with 1 exception when it was extended for another week.
    For "open end" events like LoL farming, dungeons or sacrifice you need to set your own "limit" or "goals" that you try to reach. E.g. in the first few dungeons my goal was to have 1 complete talisman set. For LoL-events I set myself a fixed number of refills per day and only add another one if I am close to get another event character. This needs some rethinking as the fragment drop rates decreased over time and concurrently the fragment demand increased because of new items/talis available as trading goods in the shop.

Do you skip events completely as they are not worthwile for you?

I would not want to skip events but I would rather enjoy some more breaks between events to have time for testing of different team builds, talisman combos etc. Recently I go all missing characters including the madam, count, redan, ferryman but have not really played them yet.
    This post has inspired me to try and be more efficient with events.
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    Android
    I usually participate in every event, not crazy about arena ones, but I do them. I like events that allow me to stock pile resources. I love when I can build up SOW and then run through gauntlet without waiting for the Sands to replenish or use ironite on it. Also, new characters and dungeons are fun. Especially when they challenge us to come up with unique teams to beat them. It's amazing how many events they crank out now compared to the early days of the game.
    bob-9503 (playing daily, thank you to all my troopers and clan members in Jomsvikings!)