Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Elephant in the room.

The Valentines sac event is a broken infinite loop of “get as many skill shards as you could ever want.”

It has a limited number of different toons at least but there is norhing to limit skill shards or vortex fills. Gold is usually the limiting factor with these events but gold idols are being dropped at a rate that keeps the gold from getting any lower. In theory if I played a couple hours a day until the 20th I could gain about 500-600 skill shards and never run out of gold. Imagine if I played 6 hours a day? This may sound great but there’s a fine balance before it’s no longer any fun. This slipped over that razor’s edge and shouldn’t have happened. I mean once all your toons are fully sharded, how many more skill shards would one want to stockpile? It makes it too easy.

OS
    Android
    Well considering the games history of having events like these, it's not the first time we as a community have been spoiled by the devs. It would only be a problem if it happens all the time. But I've been here since before Sacrifice was a thing and I can only remember two other times we've had events this profitable. The gold and souls event and the Halloween event. That's it.

OS
    iOS
    I get profitable. But how long until it’s no longer any fun? You can now have every character fully skill sharded that you want and stockpile for future characters. You just have to play a lot and it gets boring. So tedious in fact that you’ll come to a point where you ask yourself what am I playing for? I always wanted more skill shards but now that I have hundreds I don’t need I no longer want them. I guess that’s how it works. I’ll be back for Isle of Avalon and see what the game looks like then I guess.nothing to play for at the moment. I guess it happens in every game though.

OS
    iOS
    This event made skillshards, alot, less valuable.
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    Android
    I think it depends on what you started with. I had a couple of stacks of 99 normal souls, and a few characters for sacrifice (a couple duplicate 5* and so on), and about 4M gold.

I ended up at one point with 20 heart souls that I didn't have the gold to claim. A lot of skill shards though yeah. Filled the vortex twice.

Possibly this event is one that isn't quite aimed at the really top-end players who have a lot of things they can put into the sacrifices, and a big enough reserve of gold that they can keep going long enough to get a lot of magnificent gold idols to sell.

OS
    iOS
    Yeah, dont worry there will be characters to buy and then shard in the next event....

Plus, as you said, sanity levels are the key limiting factor here. Well that and time having to run through the roster for the current event (and the one next week).

But yeah, to max out all my chars, Im going to need much more than the skill shards I'll get from this event. So I say bring them on once a year or so!
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquatcho View Post
    Yeah, dont worry there will be characters to buy and then shard in the next event....

Plus, as you said, sanity levels are the key limiting factor here. Well that and time having to run through the roster for the current event (and the one next week).

But yeah, to max out all my chars, Im going to need much more than the skill shards I'll get from this event. So I say bring them on once a year or so!
    I mean considering someone like me, who doesnt have much to sac, nor souls to open, and relies mainly on grand sac and luck eith 4 stars to continue on, got 120 skill shards on the first day. And with the days coming, someone with stacks of souls (i swear how does one get so many damn) can probably easily get a thousand skill shards.

So yea, id say thats enough for every single char ever released, unless every single char released becomes a rainmaker ofcourse
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    Android
    I dont know where you guys have gotten this massive amount of souls to sacrifice, I play daily and had a vortex almost ready. I had 4 vortexes and an ultimate in the event. The skill shards I acquired added to what I had already only equals about 80 shards.

I guess I was doing something wrong, because it cost me about 6mil, didnt get any gold idols (where are you getting those from?), and didn't get many skillshards, let alone infinite.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by bort View Post
    I guess I was doing something wrong, because it cost me about 6mil, didnt get any gold idols (where are you getting those from?), and didn't get many skillshards, let alone infinite.
    I think the proper approach is not to go for ultimate and exalted sacrifices, but rather aim for grand sacrifices. If your gold and precious soul returns are too low, convert epic soul frags into precious souls, else redeem the frags. This way I was able to achieve several vortices (I lost track how many, but a lot), and there is still no end in sight.
    Generally I think the rewards are worse than they have been before the rework. However, due to the event souls and gold/precious soul return there is no limiting factor other than time. If your RNG-luck isn't too bad you should be able to sacrifice infinitely. Frankly I can't see the devs setting up an event this way again. Maybe they didn't anticipate it'd be possible to keep sacrificing infinitely. I'd assume next time when there is a sacrifice event with with event exclusive souls that contain high sac value toons, they'll reduce the event soul return.
    Last edited by Liu; 02-16-2019 at 04:39 PM.
    Liu-5868

from a world of magma to a cold rock face,
    the ascent of madness and the human race