Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Talisman set idea...... Null 6 set.....

Null Talismans..... 6 set universal (ignores color slot requirements)

Name:  null.png
Views: 638
Size:  23.9 KB

Prevents BOTH sides from gaining ANY buffs, positive or negative any color. No ally or enemy will gain any buff of any color.

Basically makes the characters fight based solely upon the character stats and abilities without any buffs being used.

Proliferation of sets by any 1 player wouldn't really matter a whole lot because the single effect couldn't be doubled and be any more beneficial (like the other 6-sets can be doubled) - once buffs are disabled, they can't be disabled twice. There'd be little point in using more than 1 set in a battle.
    Last edited by Yup; 02-12-2019 at 04:09 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    One of the best ideas I’ve heard in forever. Would take us back to the original days when characters ruled !

OS
    iOS
    I like this idea, I had a similar one of my own to negate the talisman set effects.

Perhaps the name Equaliser Talismans would be a little better

OS
    iOS
    Primordial Prisoner and Killer Prime will disable you and smash you to bits.

That being said I really like the idea of having a “ Null Talisman” match but then that may play too much into the “have and have nots” as far as character rosters.

It would make an interesting game mechanic similar to Gaunlet. A special arena with straight characters and of course no relics.

Nice idea Yup.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormseye View Post

IF they go first. Otherwise.. meh.. not difficult

You've got a good set up with this theory.... but it is entirely dependent on first strike. Without first strike it's beatable. Truth is, I've stopped relying on buffs a great deal -- well at least beneficial buffs on my side other than Immunity/PI

I can see the have/have not argument.. but really that's not much different than today with those who spent $$$ on Tower talismans or the like.
    Last edited by Yup; 02-12-2019 at 06:10 AM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    This game (or rather the game's business model) has a huge problem with inflation. Number of toons, number of talismans, number of buffs you name it. I like your idea a lot as I feel it would compensate inflation, at least a bit. That being said, I don't think we're far from "platinic" and "niobium" buffs which would be a tier above golden and silver buffs - and of course, platinic and niobium can't be nullified ><
    Liu-5868

from a world of magma to a cold rock face,
    the ascent of madness and the human race

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormseye View Post

Nice idea Yup.
    Why would prisoner matter - even if he goes first he disables passives not talisman effects right? And he could not even disable passives with these. Primordial would be negated too as no buffs allowed. And there would be no effects for KP to remove and no permadeath?

OS
    Android
    I like the idea yup. I would add to the talismans effect that relics are not counted as well, so as to just use the character stats.

OS
    Android
    Ok Yup I like the idea, does it have to be a 6 set? I mean if it were 3 x it would allow unseen benefits like energy to keep rolling along?
    Also One would need to think very carefully about what Eddie in particular and characters one chose as so many of their moves are based on buffs, taking them away, putting them on, reducing etc.. Could be interesting!

I think what Stormseye means by the have and have nots could be based not just on who had a set of these hypothetical talisman but also on who's got the relics and who's got the characters!
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    There is always going to be the have and have nots. It could be someone has been playing longer, there by acquiring more disposable resources, some just playing non stop, lucky pulls or spending real money to buy exclusive items or buying ironite to play more.

This is just an ongoing game to acquire the new best OP release. Remember the uproar the primordial fiasco caused, that has all but forgotten. The new turn of the wheel are KP, assassin banshee and fortune talis. Let's see what we have next season.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around