Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquatcho View Post
    Hey Rory, if its the 1st round, you want to get rid of those buffs asap imo. So I'd think about alchemist probably.

Id go Benjamin, though not sure if eternals are best on him for this. Ive given him a force shield and assassins to maximise damage, but give him a bit more protection. Then Id be looking at maybe gunner banshee & Blue lilith though Id invest in some destiny talismans from the trooper store for her... and not sure about the rest. Maybe Sekhmet? Probably her, osiris or charlotte. Last option might be try the alliance general with the eternals.

Alternatively, you could try the eternity eddie + sekhmet, infinite turn trick (never tried it myself)?

Some future planning stuff - You should definitely invest in your assassin hellraiser. Also, keep an eye out for an assassin demon spawn. its only a 3*, but crave for 3 turns is amazing against healing units.

Anyway, hope this helps with some ideas. Good luck!
    Esquatcho I'm in the same predicament as Rory. After this last sac event I acquired 9 New Eddies and a fist full of new characters. The last 2 dungeon events (xmas and ferryman) I could not beat madness.
    I have some toons and some talis but not sure how to use correctly. Id be open to suggestions as well from anyone. Only if you have a moment. I appreciate all the help for this noob
    gogosox40-2036
    Proud Clan Member JomsVikings

OS
    Android
    What has been said, if you are the part of the unlucky group it takes 1000-1500 runs to get a full set, or enough to purchase the remainder.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    What has been said, if you are the part of the unlucky group it takes 1000-1500 runs to get a full set, or enough to purchase the remainder.
    If that’s the case then I’ll just quit now. I’ve done nothing to deserve that punishment - I’ll find a game that I can compete at using skill rather than just luck. Too bad - I like Maiden and the characters but I’m not an idiot.

OS
    Android
    Alternatively, you could try the eternity eddie + sekhmet, infinite turn trick (never tried it myself)?
    Some future planning stuff - You should definitely invest in your assassin hellraiser. Also, keep an eye out for an assassin demon spawn. its only a 3*, but crave for 3 turns is amazing against healing units.
    After experimenting with some more things, (and failing ! ), I eventually managed to complete the madness with eternity eddie & Sekhmet, plus the assassin hellraiser (I had some colourless shards to level them up a bit) and Charlotte. New best time: 35:32 lol

So that means I have a 3-set of the Serenity talismans.

Looks like I've picked up 1 primordial talisman, for all the good that would do. Completed death alley 168 times, 166 of them on normal, lol.

Not got any of the special characters from the prowler souls though. And not that keen on spending money for the ironite to get enough prowler souls to guarantee Iron maiden Eddie.

I think I might prefer it if the one-shot rewards for completion of the different difficulties had guaranteed souls. Because it kind of sucks a bit, to go through all of this kind of thing to get souls that give you that 3* undead allied soldier (again), instead of the more interesting characters.

OS
    Android
    5 mega refills; 4 of which on normal 1 of which on hard, not a single primordial.
    I've only got two primordials which I did pruchase for 500 ironite from the store last time they were available in a dungeon. I didn't manage to find a single primordial last time, I think it'll be the same this time ...
    Liu-5868

from a world of magma to a cold rock face,
    the ascent of madness and the human race

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezz View Post
    If that’s the case then I’ll just quit now. I’ve done nothing to deserve that punishment - I’ll find a game that I can compete at using skill rather than just luck. Too bad - I like Maiden and the characters but I’m not an idiot.
    Its tough, I get you. But at the same token, many of us went through the same grind to get that set of primordials. Id say its less luck and more just that the game is purely about the grind.

Personally Ive been grinding the past 6 months am stuck with 3 valors, 1 eclipse & 5 eternals. If you miss out in one event, there will be another event later.

But yeah, if you dont enjoy the grind, then there comes a point where this game isnt fun anymore.

That said, I took a break because the grind got too much. Came back a while later and its more fun again.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    After experimenting with some more things, (and failing ! ), I eventually managed to complete the madness with eternity eddie & Sekhmet, plus the assassin hellraiser (I had some colourless shards to level them up a bit) and Charlotte. New best time: 35:32 lol

So that means I have a 3-set of the Serenity talismans.
    Congrats mate! Thats a decent team you've got there now too

Dont forget you can get the eddie through the gunner souls. Got to be a bit lucky, but where else are you going to grind this week?
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by gogosox40 View Post
    Esquatcho I'm in the same predicament as Rory. After this last sac event I acquired 9 New Eddies and a fist full of new characters. The last 2 dungeon events (xmas and ferryman) I could not beat madness.
    I have some toons and some talis but not sure how to use correctly. Id be open to suggestions as well from anyone. Only if you have a moment. I appreciate all the help for this noob
    OK, so in terms of Eddies, Id try:
    Piece of Mind - His fury should be able to clear that 1 round eternals, as long as you've got heavy hitters able to take down the appropriate assassin hellraiser with eternals
    Hallowed - With thief talismans, he can set off his fury every 2nd round, every round almost if you have the right relics.
    Benjamin - Maybe get rid of those crystals and cosmic and use an energy or shield (forget what the green shield set is called)
    Doomsday - I think he's your best bet here, particularly his fury. Your setup looks pretty good too, though there is an argument for thief talismans to get his fury off quicker.

For the team:
    Alchemist, like Roray, as he can convert gold buffs to negative
    Warrior lilith, as your big hitter - try with strike talismans, or maybe steel...
    Madam, sleep them + you get the benefit of the oracles
    Not sure of the last. You could try either your gunner lilith, or maybe your PDK or GPD doggies for survivability.

Tbh, its going to be tough with your current depth though. Play around with the invisibility talismans. They can help surviviability. Your guard talismans are also helpful. But I reckon you need more 3 set yellow/greens. Energy talismans/thief/invisibility etc. Really worth building on your talismans I think. Al those crystals arent really well used. Theyre only good on a handful of characters that scale damage on MR (viking eddie/assassin demon spawn), the rest youre better off with talismans that reinforce their damage or provide survivability.

As a more general note its worth improving your Iron Eddie. There are times where he's really useful, particularly together with gunner ninja or assassin demon spawn who cause crave (he has a free move that stuns any unit with crave).

Good luck!
    Last edited by Esquatcho; 02-17-2019 at 09:25 PM.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:

OS
    Android
    OK, so in terms of Eddies, Id try:
    Piece of Mind - His fury should be able to clear that 1 round eternals, as long as you've got heavy hitters able to take down the appropriate assassin hellraiser with eternals
    Hallowed - With thief talismans, he can set off his fury every 2nd round, every round almost if you have the right relics.
    Benjamin - Maybe get rid of those crystals and cosmic and use an energy or shield (forget what the green shield set is called)
    Doomsday - I think he's your best bet here, particularly his fury. Your setup looks pretty good too, though there is an argument for thief talismans to get his fury off quicker.

For the team:
    Alchemist, like Roray, as he can convert gold buffs to negative
    Warrior lilith, as your big hitter - try with strike talismans, or maybe steel...
    Madam, sleep them + you get the benefit of the oracles
    Not sure of the last. You could try either your gunner lilith, or maybe your PDK or GPD doggies for survivability.

Tbh, its going to be tough with your current depth though. Play around with the invisibility talismans. They can help surviviability. Your guard talismans are also helpful. But I reckon you need more 3 set yellow/greens. Energy talismans/thief/invisibility etc. Really worth building on your talismans I think. Al those crystals arent really well used. Theyre only good on a handful of characters that scale damage on MR (viking eddie/assassin demon spawn), the rest youre better off with talismans that reinforce their damage or provide survivability.

As a more general note its worth improving your Iron Eddie. There are times where he's really useful, particularly together with gunner ninja or assassin demon spawn who cause crave (he has a free move that stuns any unit with crave).

Good luck!
    I really appreciate taking your time to help a brother out.
    I will work on my team now so in next month's dungeon event I can pass the madness. I'm at the point where I can't beat night city on normal so I'll keep grinding away.
    Again thanks for the tips and help
    gogosox40-2036
    Proud Clan Member JomsVikings

I have a team that auto's madness and wins 95% of the time.

Alex - Valor
    KP - Shadow, Sdvantage
    Alchemist - Angel, Warlord
    Ass Banshee - Dominance, Immunity, Cosmic T2 (+15% health)

Team finishes it reasonably quick; the fastest is about a minute, though i've seen it hit 3 minutes before.

Banshee gets primaried often as the biggest threat, which is why she is wearing the dominance tals + the cosmic. It might be worth it to swap the immunity tals for Tranquility to help sustain longer fights.

I've found quicker comps by swapping the banshee for other characters, but it invariably drops the winrate to an amount lower than I'd like.

---

Just saw this post: https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/s...ll=1#post93131

Final Frontier Eddie - Eternal
    Charlottes - Echo
    Killer Prime - Shadow, Advantage
    Prisoner - Primordial

And it clocks in reliably at about a minute
    Last edited by bort; 02-17-2019 at 10:57 PM.