OS
    iOS

New player: Spending Frontier coins

Hi, all.

I’ve been playing for a few weeks, maybe more. Finally saved up 500 frontier coins and was thinking of picking up one of the toons in the store.

Should I be patient and hold out for a 700 coin toon, or is it advisable to pick up one of the 500 coin toons? If one of the 500 coin toon, which one - Eternity Eddie, Clairvoyant or Wrath? I ended up with a Warlord a couple weeks ago from a lucky soul.

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to learning and growing.

OS
    Android
    Do not buy any of the eternity toons. I would save and buy a lilith before any of the eternity toons. Since over time you can earn the liliths or eternity toons it would be better to save for one of the gods that cant be earned.

What you do would depend on what goals you are trying to achieve.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    It may also be helpful if you can provide your user I'd so we could visit your team and advise you based on what characters you already have.

OS
    iOS
    Thanks for the replies. Hard to be patient, but I can see the wisdom in it. I’ll go ahead and save, then.

My ID is OxygenThief-4526. Any advice on what to concentrate on is much appreciated. Right now I’m just farming Death Alley.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by OxygenThief View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Hard to be patient, but I can see the wisdom in it. I’ll go ahead and save, then.

My ID is OxygenThief-4526. Any advice on what to concentrate on is much appreciated. Right now I’m just farming Death Alley.
    Yep, as tough as it is, the next LoL grind, you'll probably find yourself with enough lilith shards to at least get one of them. For the eternity characters, the only one Id say is useful is eternity eddie, but he is low on the importance list imo.

You want to save up for Horus 1st. My argument for him is that his stun will get you through much of night city and most events other than dungeons. Then you can look at either Sekhmet or Osiris (if you want to wait even longer).

Looking at your team, Doomsday and Iron are both worth investing in more. Aces High, Eddie the Great and 7th Son are also valuable. I wouldnt bother with Viking so much.

Invest in talismans that fit the damage type. For eg the fierce talismans are wasted on Eddie the Great as he only does magic damage. Better to go a 2nd blue pair.

Unless youve got some hiding, I think thats your next area to focus on. Try to get some sets of guard and energy talismans. Crit, thief and invisibility are also useful. Brave New World may need some grind time I think.

For your other players, Id be trying to max (not skillshard necessarily, but get up into the high 5*'s):
    - Ichiyou
    - Green bat
    - Wicker man
    - Green banshee
    - Green derby demon
    - Green hellraiser
    - Gunner child of the damned

A lot of green chars there, so dont forget to hit the sentinel lord of light when it comes around! Otherwise, the red hellraiser and blue CotD are pretty decent too.

But yeah my recommendation would be that talismans and expanding your team through souls is the name of the game!
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalKing View Post
    It may also be helpful if you can provide your user I'd so we could visit your team and advise you based on what characters you already have.
    Yeah I would like some info on that as well Muzzle, metalking...
    AKA in Game Name: "DARKANUBIS-1563"
    +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++=+ =+=+=+
    *** Current-Active Member of Caesars Inc ***
    🤘🏼Stop by and say "Hi." https://discord.gg/qG9aH9WNcv🤘🏼
    +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++=+ =+=+=+

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiden68 View Post
    Yeah I would like some info on that as well Muzzle, metalking...
    Ill take a look a bit later mate

Edit: Stuff it, I need a procrastination from work!

OK so your best Eddies are crusader and POM. Iron Eddie is worth investing in too. For POM, I'd look at building that set of invisibility, or thief talismans instead of the mix you currently have.

You can swap the talismans from crusader and Iron Eddie, but itd be nice to have a set each. Assassins are good, but try to get your immortality ones built up too. Also build up those energy talismans you have. You've got enough and they are awesome!

Aces High is also pretty good, but imo not as good as the other three.

Youve got a few good talisman sets, but they do need building out and I'd probably put them on allies and leave other eddies for keeping spares only.

Strike are good for your warrior CotD/warrior corrupt rescuer/undead rescuer.

I'd look to build up your gunner CR and green valkyrie. Those two are great mid-level characters. I had a set of thorn + advantage + random yellow on Val and she pretty much had me sorted defensively until I pretty much got Horus.

Krampus as you'll know is good, as is Koku. Green angel, green derby demon, gunner cotd and GP Dog are all worth building up to level 100. Your warrior undead rescuer can help survivability too. The wickerman is solid too, if not game changing. For him Id change up the talismans though to be more defensive. Use your iron talismans, guardian if you have to and also stone for the greens. Looks like you've got some ready to go for him, so maybe its worth giving him a couple of shards more. He was my mid-level goto char.

You have a crap tonne of energy talismans. They are awesome and you have a heap of toons that need greens. Use them!

You also have a heap of chars that need purple talismans (true or random damage). Build up those assassin and some voids.

Youve got a set of invisitbility and immunity talismans too that need some love.

Your enduring magus talismans are worthwhile growing too.

Basically, I wouldnt bother too much with 2 set talismans unless they are with a special 4 set (like your echos). Otherwise, you will use lots of 3 set combos - eg assassin, energy, invisibility, critical strike etc.

Of course if you have built some up some 2 talis sets already, they are still great to use. I wouldnt go 2 sets of 2 greens for most characters though. Generally 2 maxed greens is all you need and the other slots are best used for doing more damage. Exceptions are characters that scale damage on health (Until I get one more eternal, Im running 6 x health talismans on Horus for example).

One other tip is that for those characters where you have 4xdamage talismans and you have 2xgreen/yellow, those can be mystical or onslaught. You want the HP boost on those. But for the 3 set talismans, you generally want to avoid them as you'll have heaps of health anyway and you want to get the most attack boost instead. Again, the exception is if the damage scaling is on health (like green angel or pharaoh).

Ooh, just saw you have angel talis too. Def want those maxed and on your best chars.

Lastly, Id advise against maxing out talismans at first. The difference between level 30 and 50 at the top level evolution is not so much, but the runes needed for those last levels are great!

Definitely better focusing on building neat and well constructed talismans sets, even if it takes longer, than just grabbing what you can immediately. You have a handful of decent sets already to get you by. Next step is to build good sets suited to the right characters.

Anyway, looks like the start of a nice team.. Good luck on the grind!
    Last edited by Esquatcho; 02-18-2019 at 11:40 AM.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs