Quote Originally Posted by Volrath View Post
This is good stuff, although I don't think Viking Eddie should be quite so low. His approach to increasing MR isn't just about defense, it improves the damage of most of his attacks. If you do MR up followed by Call to Arms, he starts doing heavy damage. I have a set of Advantage talismans on him which makes it even better. Mine has done 35k+ damage to blue characters in the Arena. He also can heal himself on every turn with Loot, which has saved me in a lot of Arena battles. Not top tier of course, but better than the other ones you have grouped with him.
Well it's true that he can deal large damage to certain Magus characters, he falls short due to his low usefulness outside of that. He's pretty much good against only Magus, and that's it. He falls to Warrior characters with ease, is completely negated against Magus Eddies like Seventh Son and Crusader, and Edward the Great was specifically made to counter him. He is good, but he's not very useful outside of his specialty.

Quote Originally Posted by HK-47 View Post
A very well thought out list, although I love Phantom Eddie a lot and think you should consider bumping Phantom Eddie up one tier.

- If you give him Venom talismans he becomes a monster for group damage and debuffs
- Stained Glass is amazingly useful against Golden Effects, pesky shields, Eternal and Destiny talisman sets, and just mass removal of buffs.
- He can inflict Permadeath for pesky Icaruses, and also has a guaranteed stun in his other power ability.
-
The fact that only two abilities can inflict sleep is a kinda unnecessary criticism as he doesn't' really get extra turns, you mainly use him to remove buffs at the start to open them up to an attack from your allies, or you use him last to sleep.
Well the sleep point was to show that he requires certain teammates to get the most out of abilities, which I don't entirely find helpful in a game where a team with variety is key. Venom Talismans are nice, but I could then argue that Beast Eddie should be higher because you can thrown Venom Talismans on him as well and he has the same upsides. Permadeath can be cleansed, whereas Perfect Death cannot be and is easily inflicted by certain other toons. Stained Glass is an amazing move though, and I will agree that he is a good Eddie. He's just not as good as some of the other top tier ones. He's perfectly balanced for a 4-star, in my opinion.