Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Volrath View Post
    This is good stuff, although I don't think Viking Eddie should be quite so low. His approach to increasing MR isn't just about defense, it improves the damage of most of his attacks. If you do MR up followed by Call to Arms, he starts doing heavy damage. I have a set of Advantage talismans on him which makes it even better. Mine has done 35k+ damage to blue characters in the Arena. He also can heal himself on every turn with Loot, which has saved me in a lot of Arena battles. Not top tier of course, but better than the other ones you have grouped with him.
    Well it's true that he can deal large damage to certain Magus characters, he falls short due to his low usefulness outside of that. He's pretty much good against only Magus, and that's it. He falls to Warrior characters with ease, is completely negated against Magus Eddies like Seventh Son and Crusader, and Edward the Great was specifically made to counter him. He is good, but he's not very useful outside of his specialty.

Quote Originally Posted by HK-47 View Post
    A very well thought out list, although I love Phantom Eddie a lot and think you should consider bumping Phantom Eddie up one tier.

- If you give him Venom talismans he becomes a monster for group damage and debuffs
    - Stained Glass is amazingly useful against Golden Effects, pesky shields, Eternal and Destiny talisman sets, and just mass removal of buffs.
    - He can inflict Permadeath for pesky Icaruses, and also has a guaranteed stun in his other power ability.
    -
    The fact that only two abilities can inflict sleep is a kinda unnecessary criticism as he doesn't' really get extra turns, you mainly use him to remove buffs at the start to open them up to an attack from your allies, or you use him last to sleep.
    Well the sleep point was to show that he requires certain teammates to get the most out of abilities, which I don't entirely find helpful in a game where a team with variety is key. Venom Talismans are nice, but I could then argue that Beast Eddie should be higher because you can thrown Venom Talismans on him as well and he has the same upsides. Permadeath can be cleansed, whereas Perfect Death cannot be and is easily inflicted by certain other toons. Stained Glass is an amazing move though, and I will agree that he is a good Eddie. He's just not as good as some of the other top tier ones. He's perfectly balanced for a 4-star, in my opinion.

OS
    iOS
    From some of the discussion, I think there is also a balance question about what is more important - The ability for an Eddie to auto, or how strong they are in manual.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquatcho View Post
    From some of the discussion, I think there is also a balance question about what is more important - The ability for an Eddie to auto, or how strong they are in manual.
    Well most of the high ranking Eddies can be used for both, as far as I'm concerned. Sure, some of the lower ones are more powerful in manual mode than they are in auto but I don't think it's significant enough to change their ranking.

OS
    iOS
    Good points, I concede. Although the permadeath is supposed to be immediately followed by a killing blow so it can't be cleansed.

Unfortunately in the meta of many games, perfectly balanced doesn't cut it, only crazy powerful .
    Last edited by HK-47; 02-19-2019 at 12:54 AM.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by HK-47 View Post
    Good points, I concede. Although the permadeath is supposed to be immediately followed by a killing blow so it can't be cleansed
    Unfortunately in the meta of many games, perfectly balanced doesn't cut it, only crazy powerful .
    Don't take my statements as the final conclusion though. Phantom Eddie is a good character, and if you enjoy him that's a great thing. My favorite Eddie is Beast Eddie, and he's not viable either in the current meta.

OS
    iOS
    if you sharded Run To The Hill's and Holy Smoke then they get pertty beastly almost to the level of samurai

and speed of light is atleast AAA tier, he was bread and butter for annihlating M.lilith when it was the hallow ED era and now if you use his past powermove when you have a character with warlord talis equipped you are looking at 1 turn-KO level of damage (which you can do first turn with the right build) his utility is very high. for example if equipped with oracle set, he will apply one offensive buff to allys with warlord so you can farm super fast i have achieved 14 seconds on LoL and i have yet to break this record

Mummy is decent if sharded and coal giver shouldent be so low

Eternity eddie is atleast SSS if not god tier

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantarath View Post
    Eternity Eddie is the king of slaying Dragon Kings

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantarath View Post
    if you sharded Run To The Hill's and Holy Smoke then they get pertty beastly almost to the level of samurai

and speed of light is atleast AAA tier, he was bread and butter for annihlating M.lilith when it was the hallow ED era and now if you use his past powermove when you have a character with warlord talis equipped you are looking at 1 turn-KO level of damage (which you can do first turn with the right build) his utility is very high. for example if equipped with oracle set, he will apply one offensive buff to allys with warlord so you can farm super fast i have achieved 14 seconds on LoL and i have yet to break this record

Mummy is decent if sharded and coal giver shouldent be so low

Holy Smoke and Run to the Hills may deal high damage, but high damage is not the only thing in this game that makes the winning team. If that were the case, Rainmaker would also be much higher. Speed of Light may be good, but other characters also have 1-turn KO levels of damage, some that don't even need enhancing (Gunner Shinobi). He's good, but he's really not amazing. I didn't calculate farming speed, and I guarantee that Speed of Light is not the end-all be-all farming Eddie. That would be Alexander, who can farm pretty much all missions. Mummy is really bad; his utility doesn't stack to the others and his damage is pitiful. Coalgiver is in the same boat as Mummy, just not as much. Eternity Eddie, like I said in the actual guide, is good; however he does not work for every situation. He's great for BNW and he's good in some PvP setups, but I know that you also like to cite his Sekhmet combo as being godly. However, that requires that both of them survive the first turn in PvP, and it takes forever in PvE. Is it doable? Yeah, but it's not efficient.

OS
    iOS
    FFE is also missing a cleanse skill in addition to no revive. If he had them he’d be near perfect.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    And I can now auto-play the Gold and Souls Vault thanks to Iron Maiden Eddie. No other Eddie would survive during auto-play on that skull quest (and trust me, I've tried them all)
    An Eddie I despise survives on auto. It’s Hallowed Eddie. His extra turns aren’t negated and he isn’t killed ignoring he wears the right talis which apparently he is for me. I don’t even remember which ones they are but can check. I auto G&S Vauly with him now exclusively.