OS
    iOS

Can player go first in Guantlet SSS?

So for the third consecutive guantlet session I’ve reached level SSS. Each time I’ve gotten to SSS I’ve never won the first match. The coin toss has gone to the AI every time, probably a total of 8 tries now. As you can imagine I’m on a skeleton crew by the time I’m at SSS and if the incredibly OP AI team goes first they destroy me in seconds. So is there a chance for the player to go first, or is it just a rule at level SSS you go second?

OS
    iOS
    it is possible but we have bad luck,for me game over is SSS first battle(4 try and every time enemy play first)

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ip4 View Post
    it is possible but we have bad luck,for me game over is SSS first battle(4 try and every time enemy play first)
    Ok guess it is just bad luck. I guess I’ll wait another 2 weeks just to try again and hope I don’t have more bad luck. Devs should really consider adding a rule to guantlet that automatically allows you to go first after a certain number of times AI goes first and you lose. I mean I may not even be able to beat round one of SSS going first but jeez I’d at least like a try!

OS
    Android
    It's bad luck. It is possible to win coin toss in SSS. For me winning coin toss chance is usually 1 to 4. You have to assemble your team assuming you will lose it. Usually you will lose "gatekeepers" fight coin toss. It's damn hard to put together team who can survive Killer Prime FFE and Ferryman though. And again and again and then again. I did little statistics last week. I had to fight 4x Ferryman, 5x FFE, 5x KP, 4x Assassin Banshee. FFE and KP were together 4 times.
    Last edited by Olevipoeg; 02-21-2019 at 09:14 PM.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Olevipoeg View Post
    It's bad luck. It is possible to win coin toss in SSS. For me winning coin toss chance is usually 1 to 4. You have to assemble your team assuming you will lose it. Usually you will lose "gatekeepers" fight coin toss. It's damn hard to put together team who can survive Killer Prime FFE and Ferryman though. And again and again and then again. I did little statistics last week. I had to fight 4x Ferryman, 5x FFE, 5x KP, 4x Assassin Banshee. FFE and KP were together 4 times.
    Well it’s SSS which is top tier guantlet, so I understand the top level enemies and talismans you have to battle. But to reach it 3 guantlet sin a row, spread over like 5 weeks, and to lose the coin toss on round one 8 straight times? That’s not even fun, that’s just stupid that it can even happen. At least give me a chance to fight and lose rather than watch a slaughter 8 times in a row. It’s actually really disheartening. At this point I see the lost coin toss and just toss my phone aside and don’t even watch. It’s just so fun to spend 20 minutes assembling a thoughtful team and talisman setup and then not even get a turn.
    Last edited by Ezz; 02-21-2019 at 09:19 PM.

OS
    iOS
    It's also stupid in the arena to lose the coin toss to a team 4 or 5 times.

OS
    iOS
    Nice that during an event they seeming BUMP up teh difficulty for the first couple battled in the ordered battle levels like SS and SSS ... jsut to ensure many CAN'T get event rewards.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    I have not been near SSS in a while now as I just was too lazy to get a team sorted for each nightmare team to beat. SS is mostly OK with some challenges for sure. Losing coin toss can be the killer so as others have said try to go into it knowing you wil lose the toss and just try to survive the first and second round of hits.

S and SS are my levels of failry easy battles but I do get a few loses usually too as I am just to lazy to swap out tallies as much as I need to! One day I will try to commit to making more of an effort.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    S and SS are my levels of failry easy battles but I do get a few loses usually too as I am just to lazy to swap out tallies as much as I need to! One day I will try to commit to making more of an effort.
    I have been clearing SSS every time since the magus gauntlet started.

As you mentioned, with the right set of talisman and decent allays, SS is easy and SSS is doable. But it is so exhausting to swap talis for each and every battle with the current interface. I hope the devs come up with a better interface for equipping talis, otherwise I think I will stop at S starting next gauntlet reset. It’s not like the rewards matter as much anyways with the amount of heroic souls we all secured with the sac event.

Waffen-7837

I play all my troopers everyday!!