Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

OS
    iOS

Anti-Fortune Talisman Strategy

Anyone got any tips? I keep getting smashed by teams with fortune talismans. Get it down to that one char, but cant kill them. Any negative buffs get cleared. Im guessing someone who can give team ascension and buffs is your only chance? I mean even heal block gets cleansed!
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    If it is the last character, the only strategy is using eternity eddie with Mark talisman and spam... But if a blue lilith has it. It is impossible to win.

OS
    iOS
    Key is to use 1-hit toons. Which can be a challenge. Most characters now days do "3 hits of X damage" or along those lines.... If you can stun or freeze on that last hit it can help. Or if you can do enough damage to kill or nearly kill in 1 hit that helps. But it can be challenging. They seem to cause more healing than damage done in most instances. Kind of futile to do 2k damage in 3 hits and watch the toon heal for 2.5k x 3. But if you can do 8k damage in 1 hi, the healing once for 2.5K is not as bad.

I think that Fortunes should NOT clear silver buffs, and possibly heal for % of damage, not HP... but well.. not sure if they'd ever implement such changes.

I ultimately find them a lot like A Banshee.. annoying and only serve to slow things down, not make things more fun.

And actually I find M Lilith WAY easier to kill if she has them. She's a blocker.. hit OTHER toons and she takes damage and the Fortunes do next to nothing (because she's not being hit). Just don't attack her directly.
    Last edited by Yup; 02-25-2019 at 06:36 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Key is to use 1-hit toons. Which can be a challenge. Most characters now days do "3 hits of X damage" or along those lines.... If you can stun or freeze on that last hit it can help. Or if you can do enough damage to kill or nearly kill in 1 hit that helps. But it can be challenging. They seem to cause more healing than damage done in most instances. Kind of futile to do 2k damage in 3 hits and watch the toon heal for 2.5k x 3. But if you can do 8k damage in 1 hi, the healing once for 2.5K is not as bad.

I think that Fortunes should NOT clear silver buffs, and possibly heal for % of damage, not HP... but well.. not sure if they'd ever implement such changes.

I ultimately find them a lot like A Banshee.. annoying and only serve to slow things down, not make things more fun.

And actually I find M Lilith WAY easier to kill if she has them. She's a blocker.. hit OTHER toons and she takes damage and the Fortunes do next to nothing (because she's not being hit). Just don't attack her directly.
    Thanks.

Yeah, I think the problem is more that I cant ever seem to get enough damage with a single hitter. Even my usually trusty hallowed eddie doesnt do enough damage before the heal comes through. I actually find A banshee a lot easier as at least there are a heap of ways to disable passive!
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post

I second on the cleansing silver buff thing it’s a bit crazy.

Also nerf damage reduction to 50% and we prolly golden

Tho do take into account that some players bought the limited time defense relics to make this extra painful

One strat is to lower the fortune talisman user’s max hp and ashieve easier 1 shot

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantarath View Post
    One strat is to lower the fortune talisman user’s max hp and ashieve easier 1 shot
    Ooh, nice, might have to crack out those assassin dudes a bit more then! And my newly acquired necro talismans!
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:

OS
    Android
    Other than the Eternity Eddie spam, heal block and/or crave seem like the only way to beat high-health fortune enemies. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone in my regular teams who can apply either of those effects so I need to know if the enemy has fortunes ahead of time in order to counter it. I know fortunes fully cleanse debuffs, but that's at the start of the turn so if you heal block/crave on your first move, it'll still prevent them from healing after each attack.
    Last edited by HeadOnFire; 03-21-2019 at 10:12 PM.
    Where I go, I do not know
    I only know the place I've been
    Like the eagle and the dove, flying so high on wings above
    When all you see can only bring you sadness
    Tell me what you can hear and then tell me what you see
    Everybody has a different way to view the world
    Somewhere there's someone dying in a foreign land
    Meanwhile the world is crying, "stupidity of man!"
    You tell me you're an unbeliever
    Spiritualist?
    Well me, I'm neither

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadOnFire View Post
    Other than the Eternity Eddie spam, heal block and/or crave seem like the only way to beat high-health fortune enemies. Unfortunately, don't have anyone in my regular teams who can apply either of those effects so I need to know if the enemy has fortunes ahead of time in order to counter it. I know fortunes fully cleanse debuffs, but that's at the start of the turn so if you heal block/crave on your first move, it'll still prevent them from healing after each attack.
    fortune has a chance to cleanse on any damage it takes, not at the beginning of turn, which is why this set is such a joke. best strategy i have seen is using the count to deal a massive single attack.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasmai View Post
    fortune has a chance to cleanse on any damage it takes, not at the beginning of turn, which is why this set is such a joke. best strategy i have seen is using the count to deal a massive single attack.
    Oh shit, I didn't notice that. Yeah then, I guess lowering max health really is is the thing to do.
    Where I go, I do not know
    I only know the place I've been
    Like the eagle and the dove, flying so high on wings above
    When all you see can only bring you sadness
    Tell me what you can hear and then tell me what you see
    Everybody has a different way to view the world
    Somewhere there's someone dying in a foreign land
    Meanwhile the world is crying, "stupidity of man!"
    You tell me you're an unbeliever
    Spiritualist?
    Well me, I'm neither

OS
    iOS
    Warrior Derby Demon power move is my main key to beating Fortune. Usually takes two cycles but you lower the max hp then your high damage dealers can just kill them easier.