Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim28213 View Post

Were you in such a hurry to implement this change before we could all cash in our existing stock that you weren't able to get the Banshee fix in as well? Now you increase the cost of Beast again in a hotfix? Way to make a bad customer service event look even worse.

I love this game. I hate the way you guys implement updates and changes. It always feels like everything is so rushed that you just cannot get it all right.
    This would have been my next post. Waiting to get the announced Banshee fix done before releasing that update with the severe consequences for our frags would have saved us all a lot of anger!
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    i'm just glad i cashed in before the tuning
    to be honest i didnt expect the update before the Feb events were over
    Last edited by Zantarath; 03-01-2019 at 11:51 PM.

OS
    iOS
    C'mon NF surely you see
    the fragment snafu is pretty underhanded and low even by your standards
    ​Sunlight, falling on your steel,
    Death in life is your ideal,
    Life is like a wheel

BG840-9659

OS
    iOS
    Notice should have been given just like y'all did with the skill shards back when.
    Life is like a wheel

BG840-9659

OS
    iOS
    Given the Pavlovian routine for claiming frags/souls it's easy to not pay too much attention to the cost after a while, and that I'm guessing is what they're counting on the players doing. You'll never see a claim all button in this game because it would break the conditioning cycle
    Life is like a wheel

BG840-9659

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    Second, the actual impact of this specific change to my own account isn't that terrible. I am a notorious hoarder of resources, but rare souls and rare soul fragments are the least valuable souls to me, so I always burn them first in sacrifice events. I currently have only 200 or so rare soul fragments. Similarly, I don't have a ton of rare class soul fragments. Because rare class souls are scarce enough, they don't create large inventory problems against the 50 soul stack limit. So, I usually convert those fragments to souls right away. Legendary Souls were a bigger loss, where I lost about 30 of them. So, I personally got pretty lucky based on how I have optimized in the face of the 50 soul stack limit. I have been asking for over a year for the 50 soul stack limit to increase, and that only becomes more reasonable as we get more types of souls.
    Okay, a couple final comments after a few more hours of reflection.

First, to be honest, the fact that I lost 30 legendary souls is more painful than I was originally giving it credit for. Initially, I was mostly focused on the fact that it could have been a lot worse. But, 30 legendaries go a long way when you consider all the downstream benefits from sacrificing.

Second, that being the case, I will be the first to admit that I have benefited a lot from some unintentionally generous events in this game. I missed out on the Primordial sacrifice event. But, I was able to sacrifice pretty aggressively in all of the other sacrifice events that were probably more generous than the LotB team intended (last month's included). So, to be fair, while it does sting to see the souls disappear, I am sure that I am still net positive compared to what the LotB team originally intended when calibrating their events.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Hey Druid,
    thanks for your reply! That's why I usually like your post a lot. They are well written (at least for me as a non-native speaker), well reflected and always seeing the bigger frame.
    Also I remember that you always did a good job in being effective and efficient in the game so I wondered if we share more strategies. This is not the case concerning the rare soul frags. I think they are valuable, as in some events they are the only souls that count. Moreover, I recently avoided using rares during sacrifices, as I currently have/had all chars available in that pool, until Iron Maiden Eddie came out.
    I mostly agree with the reasoning Leviathan gave, certainly not for the class rares...those frags are the most scarce resource in the game actually, lol!
    Thanks, Blade! I appreciate it! I agree with your point about rare souls. I do still burn them first, but I always save two stacks for the kinds of events you're referring to. I probably should save more of them actually. But, for now, I guess I got lucky to not have many rare soul frags.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post

Second, that being the case, I will be the first to admit that I have benefited a lot from some unintentionally generous events in this game. I missed out on the Primordial sacrifice event. But, I was able to sacrifice pretty aggressively in all of the other sacrifice events that were probably more generous than the LotB team intended (last month's included). So, to be fair, while it does sting to see the souls disappear, I am sure that I am still net positive compared to what the LotB team originally intended when calibrating their events.
    I agree that the last months sac event has been really generous. I got 2-3 new characters and a shit ton of FC and heroic souls. I saved over 4K legendary fragments I got from that event for the next sac event. But The fact that more than half of that has been taken away without any notice doesn’t build any goodwill with the player base.

I totally understand and agree the reason behind increasing the cost for claiming legendary souls. Though the 20+ legendary souls I lost would have been useful in the next sac event, I personally didn’t feel too upset to lose them. I feel more angry about the way it was done.

I feel like NF did a very generous event and gave us a lot of shit only to take more than half of it away when we are not looking. That feeling just makes me not wanna play this game. But instead I decided to be a freeloader going forward and not spend a dime on this game.

Waffen-7837

I play all my troopers everyday!!

OS
    Android
    oh labyrinth ...at this rate, might it shock you if they start banning characters or talismans??

the new content is just power and power, with little or no weakness as before and as everything becomes OP out of nowhere, the fun is drifting away. just look at the teams on the arena.. same three characters with no creativity whatsoever. There's no strategy anymore, which is the actual fun in turn based games.

Reduce HP attacks are not frequent, even with talismans, but, i guess a "cannot be healed" draw back would counter it more effectively than expecting a random chance and without affecting the Overpowerness of the talisman .
    Last edited by Metallicamilo; 03-02-2019 at 02:14 AM.

OS
    iOS
    I’ve read this entire thread, and I feel bad for you guys that got screwed, and yes, you got screwed. No question, and this is terrible customer treatment. That being said, the best and only way to combat this type of behavior is with your wallet. I’m an actual spender myself, and over the course of the three years I’ve played this game I have spent more than I have on a real online game in the same time frame. But I’ve also went long spells without dropping a dime because the drops have been shit and I know there hoping I’ll stick more in the slot machine. I don’t. My biggest purchases have been when I am happy because I finally got something. Lately though the packages have been effing terrible so it’s easier to not spend. I wait till they cough up the big Ironite over time deals as that is the only thing worth the money.

Some have commented on how “generous” NF has been lately, to which I sit here saying “bitch, please”. They need to do that once in awhile, because more often than not it’s not the case. The doubling of fragments for the souls in question are completely asinine as they aren’t worth a pinch of owl shit 99.9999999999% of the time. Pure sac fodder, nothing more. So yeah, I did not see why they wasted the time and resources on that particular endeavor. Whatever.

Vote with your wallets. It’s above all the loudest attention getter of any company looking to make money.
    Saigrim-3244

Order of Eld Clan, One Member of Many