Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    For most of us this is right, Huck! I also don't care enough for the Gaunlet to compete for the top and see the special Eddies as collectables for my Panini sticker album. But if we would care, every Eddie counts. If you want to know how many Eddies we have right now, just look for the #1 in the Gauntlet ranks
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    yeah the frag increase was not well communicated and executed, no two opinions there i think. but it's completly unrelated to the event.

and don't forget blade i left 8 months ago because of similar things. but playing another game helped me realize what is good and what is bad about lotb. other games are not much better regarding monetisation in fact strike force is maybe even worse...

and the game got much better overall since i left. but the friendly free to play ambiente is gone for sure. in the end they have to pay the bills and we all want a good game which is moving forward. this will only be the case, if the game is profitable, and bottlenecks are a big part of creating revenue for the devs.... the overall quality got better and new content is released every month now even if it's only a stupid dungeon. this is actually pretty huge for this game.

and let's be honest for a second. doing 100 vortex in one sacrifice event is just stupid since it destroys the game economy. so i get that they fixed this with the gold bottleneck now, but we should have gotten time to prepare for this. it's unfair for those who have hoarded for months, just to realize that they got robbed by a dev induced inflation...

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    purchase confirmation needed

I just bought a magus legendary with frontier coins and I had intended to buy the regular legendary soul which was Right Next to It in the store. I wanted to save them for Alexander. If they either would place similar items for different currencies in a store, please separate them. The other better option would be to have it ask "You are about to buy X, are you sure?"

OS
    Android
    I was not trying to convey the point of endless vortexes for the top players with unlimited resources, just pointing out the new players are definetly being hurt.

If someone only earns 5MM a week playing powerslave and skull quests on free ironite in a week this event is tough to complete. Also double the cost to claim some souls really hurts the newer people. Most players didn't potentially lose hundreds of souls, but the few the new players lost put a pinch on them.

The prolific generation of new toon/talisman are hard on many people. Just trying to pull them 8s tough, trying to evolve them is insane. At this rate it's hard to evolve toons/talis before a new set comes out.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    The impression I have is that February was the month they switched on the sh*** machine, and from now on we'll have every month, weak events with some kind of "precious" reward like those "Cosmic Power" and "Lunar Light", this month we have two more, what is happening and the next one, simply to suck all the resources and limit the players in the events that really make a difference.

Given the way things are being done behind the scenes, the best thing to do is deal with these events in the possible way, the limits of each one and keep in mind that according to your need every month have those events that we already know Arena / Gauntlet / Dungeon / Sacrifice / Frags.

Do not focus so much on characters, there are so many out there that sometimes many are equal in ability, and with patience we'll all get the desired allies, or that game will simply be short-lived.

Trying to absorb everything I've read here, with so many people here from the start, getting annoyed at the way things are being managed, or even getting hurt (this really should not happen) the best thing to do, if do you like the game, take it easy, know how to measure what a good "character" is and what a "money sucks", and what rewards are worth and effort.

Most importantly, perhaps the most difficult thing I've been trying to do is, choose which events I'm going to attend heavy, and which ones I'll just try the bare minimum, no matter what they invent. Some things, however cool or exclusive they seem, they are not, and what we “wanted” so much, ends up getting in the dust, because it was just another "way to make money". And in this game, that ends up being for the characters.

Few characters really change the game, lately betting on talismans has been a more viable option (and even then not always)

If you got here, thank you for reading this. This really is a great community for a game that seems so lost right now.

Feel like i've been here before

Wickerman-7654

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    yeah the frag increase was not well communicated and executed, no two opinions there i think. but it's completly unrelated to the event.

and don't forget blade i left 8 months ago because of similar things. but playing another game helped me realize what is good and what is bad about lotb. other games are not much better regarding monetisation in fact strike force is maybe even worse...

and the game got much better overall since i left. but the friendly free to play ambiente is gone for sure. in the end they have to pay the bills and we all want a good game which is moving forward. this will only be the case, if the game is profitable, and bottlenecks are a big part of creating revenue for the devs.... the overall quality got better and new content is released every month now even if it's only a stupid dungeon. this is actually pretty huge for this game.

and let's be honest for a second. doing 100 vortex in one sacrifice event is just stupid since it destroys the game economy. so i get that they fixed this with the gold bottleneck now, but we should have gotten time to prepare for this. it's unfair for those who have hoarded for months, just to realize that they got robbed by a dev induced inflation...
    To be honest I got a "bad" feeling to see you come back, because to me this meant that MSF (which you seemed to like a lot!) also got worse. Mainly worse in terms of money demand. It is also a great brand and I guess more people play it compared to LotB? This could mean that the money spending is better distributed among people. But this seems to be not the case or even not necessary. Especially as Marvel is attracting more people that follow trends (=younger folks?) they have to milk such a game maybe even faster? I think that the loyalty of players here is really high, higher than for the average mobile game (I maybe see 1 Pokemon player per day lol).

Maybe the crazy sac events were meant to make the game boring for us long-term players to get us out as newer players are wanted that need to chase more things? We long-termers can play with the new shiny expensive cosmic talis and can grind the dungeons on madness auto to get 10 sets of Primordials, while the newer player is happy to get 1 set at all. I know it is hard to balance the game to be great for all types of players - probably its impossible.

Mobile games are just not meant to be there for decades. Most people are not patient enough anyway and due to a lot of possibilities to choose from, a lot of people tend to move on easily. This is different for people that follow one band for 20, 30 years like we do

It just took me a bit longer to realise that I have to deal differently with mobile games - well with LotB as it is the only mobile game I ever played. I am regularly a PC gamer and I still enjoy games from the 90s! I think this is not possible in the freemium world.
    I payed my 82 €, not a single cent will be added, thanks for all the fun already I had!

@NF: Do what you need to do and if this means that you need to get more money out, milk the cow, before everything falls apart, do it - but we will notice and I start to prepare for the Live After Death
    Up the irons and good night!
    Last edited by Blade; 03-05-2019 at 10:34 PM.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    As someone who on average drops $50 a month on this mobile game it does kind of rankle my feathers that they are getting greedier and greedier with the taking of resources and wanting even more for less. I know there are a lot who don't pay a dime, and many of the so called whales that drop undisclosed amounts of cash on it. I'd be curious to know what those numbers are. Anyhow, as someone who is already paying a fair monthly sum for this game, if you go by going rates of AAA online gaming companies, it really pisses me off that it's blatantly turning into a 'give us all you can' megachurch routine. So yeah, I feel I can bitch a little. I can also show my displeasure by not spending anymore money on the game and going the free route. As I stated awhile back, at least for me the effect is such, that once you get too behind, what the fucks the point. Oh, I'll keep playing to pass time here and there and enjoy it for what it is, but I guess my contributions don't make any difference. So I'll drop that cash elsewhere. Like the IM Fanclub store! LOL.

As if I need another Iron Maiden t-shirt. HAHAHAHA!
    Last edited by Saigrim; 03-05-2019 at 10:51 PM.
    Saigrim-3244

Order of Eld Clan, One Member of Many

OS
    Android
    Ya it turns out Present talismans are actually pretty damn good.

Combine them with Warlord talismans and the results will shock you

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    Some of the disappointment comes from the changes they implemented followed by a purchase only event. The change in gold rewards at the end of the last sac event kind of started the uneasiness. Follow that with the soul stealing price increase in soul redemption started to tip the scales.
    That’s absolutely true. I am not sure why it is so hard for NF to understand this.
    I am still pissed About the way things were handled and the lack of communication with the fragment changes.
    But after leviathan replied and said it was a oversight on their end I have been patiently waiting to see if they would do anything to fix the mistake that they made and admitted, before expressing my frustration about this event.

But it seems like they don’t care. They want us to pay for their mistakes.
    My perspective about this game has completely changed on March 1st and followed by NF carelessness further strengthened my frustration towards this game.

I have never complained about all the much needed enhancements that NF has been putting away to make content that would bring them more money (this event for example). But Now they all seem to become unbearable for me.

I always loved playing gauntlet and have been finishing in the top 20 this season. However, I am having to push myself to even clear S this time. I just cant deal with the crappy talisman management system anymorE. But hey, who needs a better talisman management system when we can get a 3* Anubis for spending 5mil gold and 2500 IC that we do t have, right.

I think I am starting to hate this game by the day. All the money I have spent so far for this game has gone down the drain.
    And I spent a lot of money on a mobile game than one should.

Anyways, I think I will stick around until the sac event, even though I don’t think it will change my mind.
    But when the time comes, I will create a thread under troopers to thank all the forum member and my troopers that have been nothing but great!

Until then I will continue to play all my troopers everyday. But if you want to drop me and pick up another trooper, I understand.
    Last edited by Waffen; 03-05-2019 at 11:06 PM.

Waffen-7837

I play all my troopers everyday!!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    To be honest I got a "bad" feeling to see you come back, because to me this meant that MSF (which you seemed to like a lot!) also got worse.

Mobile games are just not meant to be there for decades. Most people are not patient enough anyway and due to a lot of possibilities to choose from, a lot of people tend to move on easily. This is different for people that follow one band for 20, 30 years like we do

It just took me a bit longer to realise that I have to deal differently with mobile games - well with LotB as it is the only mobile game I ever played. I am regularly a PC gamer and I still enjoy games from the 90s! I think this is not possible in the freemium world.
    I payed my 82 €, not a single cent will be added, thanks for all the fun already I had!
    nah msf is still much better as a game and i still play and enjoy it, because of the awesome alliance we have, but the game is similar repetitive and some game modes like blitz are just too time consuming and annoying. MSF is a high quality product with a monthly revenue of 5 mio usd in february according to sensortower. lotb had 140k in february and 160k in january according to the side so you cannot expect such a small game to have the same quality.

MSF has the same whale hunting approach like lotb with insane prices and ridiculous low value and recently they introduced a RNG based improvement, which really sucks...they also frustrate players and they use every dirty mind trick to create revenue. like the fear of missing out. i had to realize that lotb also started to abuse this. if you read leviathans announcements everything screams " DON'T MISS OUT" " LAST CHANCE " "EXCLUSIVE CHANCE" and so on. this is a very cheap trick to create demand, they learned as it seems
    but it's an unethical approach if you ask me. lotb wasn't that aggressive in the early days, this changed a lot.

but the whale hunting approach itself makes absolutely sense for lotb, if you think about it. a small playerbase with many loyal and hardcore fans/players with a high emotional connection to the game and the band behind...these guys are likely to spend a ton. this is the only monetisation which makes sense for this game. you only need a small % of whales to make money, microtransactions wouldn't work nearly as well here.

in the end it's our choice if we want to pay or not. i payed 1$ in MSF (yes, one) and around 15 in lotb in the last years. it was more of a donation because i wanted to support the game, but with this approach they won't get anoter buck out of me. nontheless it's possible to enjoy the game for free. you just cannot expect to get everything immediatly if you don't pay, but in the long run, you will get the most things you really need. and with the heroic souls and events they improved the situation a lot. so i will stick to both games for a while and i'm curious to see where everything will end.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.