Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    I have mixed feelings about this. Getting the Ancient Mariner Fragments is welcome since it takes some of the stress out of the Gauntlet. But I don't think I'll be getting any of the new talismans since the requirements are so heavy.

The Frontier coins stuff is just ridiculous. It takes way too long to accumulate them to blow 300+ on a Legendary Soul that's just going to give me a four-star character I probably already have. Not a chance bruh.

I got a blue Anubis so that's cool. I have a feeling that's all I'll wind up with.
    Volrath-0020
    Joms Vikings 4 Lyfe

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    Overall gauntlet gives about the same if you only earn 10 IC per battle. If you earn more than 10 the arena is a better payoff for IC, but without rewards.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but gauntlet should yield more than 10 IC per SoW invested. I've never put down the numbers, but in the tier I'm currently in it's 11 IC per SoW invested.

Arena default yields 10 per IC invested, 12 per IC invested if rank <= 250, and 2 SoW for attack list cleared.

Rank bonus: 12 IC per Sow invested
    Clear bonus: 12.5 IC per Sow invested
    Both bonuses: 15 IC per SoW invested

As I for the moment I can't say if gauntlet is always 11 per SoW invested, but generally arena yields better rewards if one can tap at least one of the bonuses. Numbers are only true if it's straight wins.
    Liu-5868

from a world of magma to a cold rock face,
    the ascent of madness and the human race

OS
    Android
    And 15 IC for rank 25 and above! I think there is also 13 IC between #26-100 or something like that. For me Arena is much better in terms of IC, as the battles do not need that much planning and concentration compared to Gauntlet.

@Volrath: it should also count towards the event if you buy something from the frontier shop! At least this is the case for trooper badges!

Still open what to do with this ridiculous high gold demand...
    Last edited by Blade; 03-05-2019 at 03:20 PM.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    Liu, if you are above 2300 and rank 50 you earn 13 IC per win, if rank 25 you get 15 IC per win.

I am on level B in gauntlet, 3 Sow give 28 IC. On lower level gauntlet give about equal to the default IC in arena. At higher levels gauntlet gives less than arena, if you consider you are at higher gauntlet levels you can be higher rank in arena if you want to participate.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    And 15 IC for rank 25 and above! I think there is also 13 IC between #26-100 or something like that. For me Arena is much better in terms of IC, as the battles do not need that much planning and concentration compared to Gauntlet.
    Haha never been top 25.
    If it's 15 per victory with both bonuses you'll get 18.75 IC per SoW invested. Almost double of a regular battle. Neat. Top 100 doesn't yield 13, at least I have never gotten 13 so far.

I am on level B in gauntlet, 3 Sow give 28 IC. On lower level gauntlet give about equal to the default IC in arena. At higher levels gauntlet gives less than arena
    I'm on AA, here it's 44 IC for 4 SoW. Arena is better only if you can manage to get both bonuses, which, I assume, most players don't get. Gauntlet yields better rewards on higher levels. SS should be 100 IC per 8 SoW invested, no ?
    Last edited by Liu; 03-05-2019 at 03:26 PM.
    Liu-5868

from a world of magma to a cold rock face,
    the ascent of madness and the human race

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Symbiote View Post
    Me too. xD But i'm at a point, where i say to my self.., fuck off. xD
    I mean, if they will bring back all of the Characters somewhere in time, it's ok.

I think if you play Gauntlet you make more Iron Coins than just Arena?
    But nice move to help others with that.
    If i hadn`t gone upt to my Limit in Gauntlet just yesterday and changed all my ICs for relics that would be true....
    Also pupmped away 2 Million gold for talis-upgrade yesterday
    I am so lucky (and happy)....
    Ingame name : heavy-3412
    Don`t use troopers daily anymore

OS
    iOS
    Events like these make me hate that I found this game. I understand grinding for what you want, but the thing is these devs don't even guarantee you something worthwhile for your hard work. Made the mistake of spending 1k ironite, and about 16k gold in trying to get the new Eddie. And what do you know, out of BOTH attempts (bc first i cashed in 17 souls, then 5 because of the ones i got from stupidly spending gold for fragments) BOTH attempts did NOT get me any of the new characters. But I did get 5 stars on both attempts. As lucky as I feel that about it not being too much of a waste since one i could use for sac event, the other i didn't have, what are the chances of not getting the new eddie after two successful attempts at getting a 5 star. Hell, I would have been fine with a new pharaoh dog. But None? I checked the drop chance rewards and turns out theres only a 44% chance at getting the new eddies. If you ask me, it should be guaranteed. This game won't survive for long. I love Iron Maiden, but there's a limit, a line that can't be crossed, and this game is just at the brink of crossing it. To anyone who actually got the new eddie, consider yourself lucky. I just hope no one falls for the actually money grabbing packs like i use to. Spending real money in this game is as good as throwing it away.

OS
    Android
    Everyone should realize that event souls are the worst purchase in the game. If you want to waste your resources on them go ahead, better to save for a better chance for something in the future.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Everyone should realize that event souls are the worst purchase in the game. If you want to waste your resources on them go ahead, better to save for a better chance for something in the future.
    +100 i never buy event souls since a long time now....and don't win new characters, if i buy i don't win them too
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    iOS
    “Why is Iron Maiden: Legend of the Beast free to play? We want every Iron Maiden fan and every mobile game player to be able to enjoy our game! You can fully enjoy the game without ever spending a penny! You can battle it out, earning every piece of of the game through sheer victory on the battlefield, or you can speed up your progress by purchasing Ironite in the Vault.”

Anyone else think the devs are not living up to their original motto? You can not earn everything in the game with “sheer victory on the battlefield” nor “without spending a penny”.