Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    As used car salesmen say. There's a sucker born every minute. I'm one of the biggest and sadly love the game too much to quit. I'm going to continue to drive my old lady owned and only driven to church on Sunday game, but my wallet must remain closed.

OS
    Android
    Now, I've been fairly quiet about the recent events and updates. They've been more than infuriating, but I tend not to complain all that much... Until now.

First they bring it that damn awful update with the fragment and gold changes, costing many of us god knows how many souls, and just wait until the Sac event to see how hard it really hits. Way to drain all of the hard-earned gold right from our pockets. But then they go one step further, and screw us all over with the whole Beast FC price and all. But hey, they couldn't screw it up any more, could they? Surely they learned from past mistakes?

HA! Nope, to top it all off - Valley of Kings. Seriously, who on earth thought this was a good idea? A challenge event with no actual challenges, except from "Who can throw £100 into the fire and get absolutely bugger all in the fastest time?" with the prize being 3* dupes less useful than a chocolate teapot, and a huge hole in your pocket. An event based on SPENDING. On getting used to throwing away all your hard-earned resources, and real money. Remember, this is the FIRST EVENT OF THE MONTH. God knows what awaits us after this. I know it's been going on for a while now, but this is bloody stupid. What about those who spend all their FC on the Beast the day BEFORE the event? What about the newer players who literally have NO resources? At least with the proper challenge events, everyone got a chance. There's a good chance most players will have a character who can inflict Bleed, but not everyone's got 2500 IC, 1000 FC, 80 MILLION GOLD for Ramesses, etc. Even long time players like me may not have that.

And then there's ANOTHER limited time Eddie that barely anyone's gonna get unless they pay up some serious £££ or are right at the top of the game, and that we'll never see again most likely. Let's speak about that for a sec - What even is the point? I get the passives are sometimes useful and the design changes are cool, but really? Except from a money grab, of course... At least make some super rare Eddie soul that gives you the slightest chance of getting these characters?? Or add them to Heroics once in a while?? Because, let's be fair, the only characters that shouldn't be playable as allies/Eddies, that are locked away forever, are the Dragon Kings. Eddies are supposed to be collected and used by pretty much anyone, not locked away after a week and only available to those who get extremely lucky or who pay.

I could go on and on about all of these above issues.
    I've been fairly tolerant. A lot of others have been too. I play this game because I love Iron Maiden, their albums, artwork, the stories their songs tell, the themes... Everything. But I'm getting to my breaking point. If this is truly how things are going? I'm out. I'll find another game to play, to put all my time and effort into.

But hey, I'm just another complaining voice, another block of text. Devs, listen to us. Otherwise, you'll lose us.
    Deathbat-9018 - Caesar's Legion
    Ex-Romero's Legion First Officer

Your friendly neighbourhood Guide-ian Angel, a helpful source for Events and Missions alike.

Most wanted - 2019 Tour, Chords of Command, Day of the Dead, Hellraiser, Iron Mask, Legacy, Czar, False Gods, Merlin, Mystic Flame, Dark Road, Ed Hunter, Guy Fawkes, King Arthur, Life and Power, Cosmic Cyborg, Lone Star, Visions of Edorado

OS
    Android
    OK I decided to do the gold related purchases, as I have 40 Mios at the moment and hope to regain some during the massive grinds in the LoL and the Dungeon events plus selling stuff. So I will buy the daily XP up and the cosmic runes. This should end up around 2 Mios after 8 days and the rest I could fill with event frags to at least get one of the new 3* lol!
    Maybe I hate this decision afterwards, but well one has to try
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    Yeah I have gone for it. Trooper/FC very easy for me and no real pain to do resource wise - same for gold really though that eats into what I can do over the rest of the month in other events so I will need to maximise NOTB farming this week. Iron Coins are the only pain as I jusr did a massive relic purchase from the last Gauntlet and Arena event hoard I received....that is a pain in the but and just a matter of a day or two and I would have been fine with that too. Oh well best get on with doing some arena and gauntlet - which would have been happening anyway as at least this is not a really active event where you need to do lots of stuff!

After all of that I am bound to get the best part of sweet fa.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    For those curious, please don't think that all the higher level players do things in the same way.
    I don't tend to hoard FC like some people, it seems like a useful commodity during past Sac events to take advantage of snapping up dupe warlords for sacrificing so that's what I usually do...
    So now I pay the price, I have not got enough FC to get the beast so I have starting saving for him and a day later this event comes out... so let me see.... Beast is a sure thing once I have saved the FC where as spending some of my FC savings on this event could still prove to be fruitless and I will be further away from the beast as well..

Also can I say when ever one of these events come out, the Devs always tell us we have an exclusive chance of the main character, but have they ever defined exactly what "exclusive" is? I mean I know we can look at particular star rated characters drop chance in particular soul types but is exclusive defined in there too?

The word exclusive is neither good or bad but it is I think usually perceived as good or better chance than the norm..
    Please keep this in mind fellow troopers..
    I often wonder how these monthly board meetings go down at the LOTB head quarters, how they can work on methods of persuasion, perception, mind f***'s for the consumer, preying on the weak, taking advantage of all of us in one way or another.
    I said it earlier but remember there will always be the next big thing, as long as we play we will always be chasing, except that we can't have it all, pay the price or simply walk away...I get closer and closer to the latter day by day...
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    A question related to the "exclusive" thing:

Musashi and the special Samurai came out at the same time, or?

Because Musashi will be in Heroics at 18/3
    but the Emperor will not and is also not listed in the season after Musashi

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post

Yes, they came out at the same time. If you closely read the details of that event's original announcement here, you will see that Musashi was always intended to later appear in Heroics. On the other hand, there is no mention of Emperor ever being available again. In fact, he was the first character ever for which there was no information about future availability (implying no future opportunity). The Killer was the second such character.

I asked for clarification here but don't believe I received a reply.
    Last edited by druid138; 03-05-2019 at 08:44 PM.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    iOS
    So this thread's been going on for a good while now, meaning that most that needs to be said is already in here. However, with an event like this, I can't just stay quiet. I just wanna ask you this: what did you think would happen? Did you think that the players would be super stoked about spending all their hard earned resources just to get 2 guaranteed characters? Did you think that everyone would enjoy an event where instead of any skill, it only requires either huge prior hoarding or emptying your wallet? No, of course fucking not! Yet here we are, stuck with an absolutely stupid event which only seems to have one reason: take everyone's resources to make more $$$. Not to mention, this is just a little before the sacrifice event, PLUS many of the soul opening prices are doubled now. NF, Navigator games or whoever is responsible for this, if you think you can just do this type of shit without us noticing or complaining, you're wrong. We WILL notice. We WILL complain. And if things don't improve, we WILL quit. So please, get your shit together and start taking us seriously. Otherwise, I don't know if this game has a very long lifespan ahead.
    Been playing and collecting Eddies since the beginning...and I finally have 'em all!
    Romero's Legion will never die for good

OS
    Android
    Maybe the special Eddies will find their way to the Frontier Shop some day? I mean they are needed for those that want to win the Gaunlet. Knowing already that you will never have a chance might lead to "some" frustration? I mean come on, despite they are "special", they are EDDIES!

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post

This is one of the things that is really bothering me. Samurai Emperor and Musashi were released together, Shadow Wickerman and Ferryman were released together, and take your pick on who will be Ramesses' little companion, there's plenty to choose from.

Yet, they'll happily release one without the other. Musashi but no Emperor. Soon, Ferryman will arrive, but with no Shadow Wickerman, and further down, whatever Pharaoh-related character without Ramesses. Why? It makes no sense? I get it, they're limited, but they should not be locked away. Their passives are cool but nothing utterly game-breaking (At least not from what I've seen.)
    Deathbat-9018 - Caesar's Legion
    Ex-Romero's Legion First Officer

Your friendly neighbourhood Guide-ian Angel, a helpful source for Events and Missions alike.

Most wanted - 2019 Tour, Chords of Command, Day of the Dead, Hellraiser, Iron Mask, Legacy, Czar, False Gods, Merlin, Mystic Flame, Dark Road, Ed Hunter, Guy Fawkes, King Arthur, Life and Power, Cosmic Cyborg, Lone Star, Visions of Edorado