Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathbat6120 View Post

I could go on and on about all of these above issues.
    I've been fairly tolerant. A lot of others have been too. I play this game because I love Iron Maiden, their albums, artwork, the stories their songs tell, the themes... Everything. But I'm getting to my breaking point. If this is truly how things are going? I'm out. I'll find another game to play, to put all my time and effort into.

But hey, I'm just another complaining voice, another block of text. Devs, listen to us. Otherwise, you'll lose us.

Same here. I am usually very quiet about my displeasure about whatever is hot to complain about. This event made me laugh though, especially since it came RIGHT AFTER we all complained on the forum about resource draining events. This event must have been created literally to just piss us off. Why else make an event like this? It's not even a real event. Literally no skill goes in to this. Remember when we got rewarded for OBTAINING gold? We had super long term goals for obtaining gold, or fragments, or playing BNW a certain amount of times. I wish we had more of those. That'd make playing this game much more fun.

A GREAT game to play if you're tired of games like this is Exiled Kingdoms. There's a free version which lets you play quite a lot of the game. You can pay...I believe it's $4 to unlock the full version. There are 0 ads and 0 cash grabs. The dude who made it just wanted to make an old school RPG for people to enjoy. Best $4 I ever spent on a mobile game.

Or you can pay twice as much for 300 ironite to get another event soul that will drop a shitty 3* toon you already have and throw your phone against the wall. It will surely break and you'll have to spend out the ass to get a new one. On your way to buy a new one you'll run over your dog, causing you to swerve and hit a tree and total your car. This will lead to you not being able to get to work on time and you'll get fired. Now, with no income and no phone, you will begin to notice some pain in your stomach. It will be so bad that you'll go to the doctor even though you no longer have insurance. The diagnosis will come back as stomach cancer.

All because you bough $10 worth of ironite.

Thanks NF/Navigator. Your crappy event and shitty over-priced items gave someone cancer.

Moral of the story: Don't buy into NF's cash grabs. I may be done...again. NC was fun, but didn't last long. I had hoped we would get the extreme difficulties in the other worlds by now, but haven't. It can't be THAT hard to implement. It won't make the devs money though, so it's not important to them.

I would really like to know what the Maiden boys would think about this game if they knew how the players are getting screwed.

OS
    Android
    Those that spend a lot of $/€ need to have a profit for "some" time, otherwise they would realise that their money is just down the flush. Remember when Destiny came out? Pay only! Those who spent had a huge advantage. All others could see how powerful they are to make sure that they want those Talis aswell. Was there another pay or "ironite-pay" afterwards? I don't remember, but would fit (at least nowadays).
    Then they were introduced to the Trooper store and everybody could have them. Now Fortunes are about to replace them and so the wheel is turning again.

Those that have that special Eddies can profit (in Gauntlet and for some event missions) so everybody sees the "need" (apart from the intrinsic fact that they are Eddies), and they can charge a lot in terms of Frontier Coins later on.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    I'm learning to live with the fact I simply cannot have every character, it's easier that way... Emperor Samurai Eddie could be useful in Gauntlet true, but this revive old characters is really a bit of a wank at the end of the day.
    I did get the Shadow Wickerman Eddie (more luck than good management) but he's just not that great anyway, please don't lose sleep over not having him! So Rameses is the next one.. well not for me, besides a little bit more gold before the event ends I'm done and have little to no chance of getting him, and I just don't care that much.

I'd be more concerned about genuine game changers like real 4 & 5 * Eddies, KP, Assasin Banshee, Magis Lillith, Prisoner etc...

I don't know how much longer I have playing LOTB but one thing is for sure, I will miss pretty well everyone here in the forums, particularly the regulars...
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    I still love the game but the idea is rising that I won't play that game till I bite the dust.
    The actual changes help to accept this.
    Maybe this is even the bigger plan with these games:
    Make a great game, get people addicted and let it grow.
    Over time tune things worse and worse so that many leave and the game get less and less attention.
    Those that "cannot leave" (addiction/psychology) will stay and pay as long as the servers are running. In the meantime they have released another game with a company using a different name and the cycle starts again.

Dark but more and more realistic in these economic days.

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    Well after totally exhausting myself and getting to SS I still have around 600 iron coins to earn before I can get the last iron coin reward. Well 60 arena battles is no biggie for me but that talisman set better be worth the hassle. I've all but given up on getting any of the event characters...

OS
    Android
    i don't get the whole disappointment and anger here. no one forces you to spend anything in fact we can exchange some things if we want and skip the parts which are too expensive. i will only participate in the event if i think i get good value out of it, if not it should be easy to let the event go.

not every event is for everyone, since we have veterans, beginners, hoarders and whales. eveyone has another focus and another need.

that said what buggs me more is the exclusivity approach they have chosen. getting whales an advantage for some time is very common. but this advantage shouldn't last longer than a few weeks. having talismans like primordials hidden for 8 months is just bad. they should be available in some random store now. same with exclusive toons like the beast. it took them 8 months to get him into the store, this is just bad. bring em all to one store and let us pick what we want after 2 months, that would be my advice.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    You really missed the development within the last months I think

In general you are completely right with all points, but the tweaks in the last ~half a year really start to accumulate.
    But for sure, right now it is very heated in here because of the frags/gold/this event combo.

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    So the special Eddie's are mostly the same as the regular Eddie's, but have a special passive and no fury. I've not find them to be anything but a collectors item. Since I started playing Coalgiver was one of my biggest desired Eddie's. It took a special holiday to bring him back, but he's never been available any other way. I don't think these will become available after the events they run in. The toons always wind up in the heroic rotation. Do, you have to ask yourself, is this special copy Eddie worth it? Only the collectors will be forced to say yes lol.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckFinn150 View Post
    So the special Eddie's are mostly the same as the regular Eddie's, but have a special passive and no fury. I've not find them to be anything but a collectors item. Since I started playing Coalgiver was one of my biggest desired Eddie's. It took a special holiday to bring him back, but he's never been available any other way. I don't think these will become available after the events they run in. The toons always wind up in the heroic rotation. Do, you have to ask yourself, is this special copy Eddie worth it? Only the collectors will be forced to say yes lol.
    It's having them around for Gauntlet too though. And by that logic, what's the point of locking them away? That's the main issue I'm having. Maybe I'm making a big fuss over nothing and should shut up, but I'm genuinely curious as to why the Devs feel the need to do that. With only a small number of people being able to get them, what would be the point in releasing them (Other than as a cash grab, which I established earlier).
    Deathbat-9018 - Caesar's Legion
    Ex-Romero's Legion First Officer

Your friendly neighbourhood Guide-ian Angel, a helpful source for Events and Missions alike.

Most wanted - 2019 Tour, Chords of Command, Day of the Dead, Hellraiser, Iron Mask, Legacy, Czar, False Gods, Merlin, Mystic Flame, Dark Road, Ed Hunter, Guy Fawkes, King Arthur, Life and Power, Cosmic Cyborg, Lone Star, Visions of Edorado

OS
    Android
    Some of the disappointment comes from the changes they implemented followed by a purchase only event. The change in gold rewards at the end of the last sac event kind of started the uneasiness. Follow that with the soul stealing price increase in soul redemption started to tip the scales.

Now a purchase only event that gives several highly wanted cosmic evo material. The problem is that many have to cleanse some of their earned talisman evo materials just to make space for a single evo rune. They are starting to find ways to limit your resource hoards.

Now they try and get you to spend your gold down so the next sac event may be difficult to participate. The new to mid level players are really hurting with the new changes. With all the changes/events there is hardly any time to farm for resources
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around