Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Iron Maiden doesn't need this game to draw an audience. LOL! It's the other way around. This game will up and die at some point, and guess what, I'll be rockin Maiden in my garage while Im workin on things, in my earbuds while doing yardwork, on road trips with the wife, all the usual stuff since way before this game. Don't get me wrong, the game is awesome. Eddie is awesome. The artwork, yep, awesome. It's frosting on the cake that is Iron Maiden. The obvious, blatant, unforgiving, money milking tactics they are using, playing on fans devotion to the band, and offering a lot less shit for overly inflated prices has gotten way out of hand. This has turned me so sour against NF in that past few weeks. As I pointed out, I kick-in about $50 a month, and apparently that's not even enough to keep up, that I honestly feel like I've been effed over as a loyal player and fan. They must be making mad cash from the whales if they don't give a rats ass about the rest of us. Well. good luck with that, hope they fund you until the ship goes down. Me, I'm headed back to shore with the Pilot, his son, and the hermit.

Well, at least my wallet is. I'll hang on to this piece of driftwood until I can't stay afloat any longer.
    Last edited by Saigrim; 03-08-2019 at 04:36 PM.
    Saigrim-3244

Order of Eld Clan, One Member of Many

OS
    Android
    Has anybody got unused apps on there mobile device? That's where this is headed for me too, I don't think I'll delete it or sell and sacrifice everything I have, a large portion of that came indirectly from money I've spent,($100-150 pm)
    This month and the month prior my wallet developed some cobwebs where this game is concerned...

I think I'll continue to play my troopers and work on personal goals as well as build up talismen for my characters if it helps in an event so be it but I'm not necessarily taking part in this crap.

I have only ever managed to claim 2 x cosmic talisman the first was a single star blue magic, the second a single star purple magic, both I rounded up to 2* a while ago, some parts of them even at this tiny level do seem to have ok stats I have to admit, but becoming so wound up in the game to develop one tiny piece of a potential characters stats seems absurd.

I think this is called micro management? I fear that if the game sticks around long enough the players that stick around as well and make the effort to build up these talisman may have a clear advantage over others in other parts of the game, as I've said even at 1 & 2* these talisman do hold some ok stats... but the idea of burning resources for such a small reward leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth....
    Last edited by rags-6094; 03-08-2019 at 06:23 PM.
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Dev are getting obvious.....

An event where achievements are earned based on spending gold.....

Followed by an event that requires gold in order to level up talismans.....

Gee, ya think they hope you spend real $$$ to get more gold???

---------------------

For what it's worth.. I have 5 cosmics.. All of them T1.. never seen anything more so the odds of getting better than T1 seem about as good as a 5 star toon drop from a rare soul. and..... you CAN'T evolve the T1's because the necessary items haven't been made available.
    I think we should finally accept, that they do what they do since Events arrived and it won't change..,
    I done with wondering what happens with this game or the decisions of the "brains" of it.
    "If you don't want to listen, find out the hard way."

But if everyone's gone it's too late...

OS
    iOS
    Ironically it was time for me to buy more ironite. I had planned to, but based on the recent changes I too have decided to hold onto my wallet a while.
    Money is not the issue. When I am happy and enjoying playing I am more than willing to pay what I joking call "the entertainment expense" for this hobby. For me this is entertainment. I don't have to be at the top of the lists to have fun and be entertained. I do not feel entertained right now though and thus do not feel the need to pay.

I've played through my troopers and SoW, but I have not purchased a single refill since the update event occurred. This is unusual because I like to burn as far as I can into gauntlet as fast as I can normally. This time its one or two fights a day when SoW refills on its own and I'm finding that I'm ok with it. I've even had time to start playing other things I enjoy like occasional poker and some PC games so old I won't even list them here lol. I'll end up lower than normal, but at the end of the gauntlet season it really is barely any difference in the end reward and I won't have an odd number of talismans to add to my already bloated inventory.

And for the love of Eddie would someone please resolve the rune inventory issue? I mean seriously I went to Ailing Kingdom to farm some level 1 talismans to level up for the current event and the first run I go over inventory. Fix that and next run I am over inventory again. Hello, I've played for years and I do not have partial stacks of level 1 runes so every time I get one I end up over the dang limit again. How could the devs not see this coming when they introduce 9 new runes in such a short time? Do something to make me feel good about the state of the game and where it is headed so I will want to spend again in the future. I will never be a whale (never knew that term before this) but I assure you there are many people like me that spend a little here and there when we are happy and that has to add up to amount to something significant over time...
    "A good game is like a mirror that allows you to look into yourself. And you can learn a lot about a man by watching how he plays a game." Malcador

Cartic-4058 - in-game account ID

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim28213 View Post
    Ironically it was time for me to buy more ironite. I had planned to, but based on the recent changes I too have decided to hold onto my wallet a while.
    Money is not the issue. When I am happy and enjoying playing I am more than willing to pay what I joking call "the entertainment expense" for this hobby. For me this is entertainment. I don't have to be at the top of the lists to have fun and be entertained. I do not feel entertained right now though and thus do not feel the need to pay.

I've played through my troopers and SoW, but I have not purchased a single refill since the update event occurred. This is unusual because I like to burn as far as I can into gauntlet as fast as I can normally. This time its one or two fights a day when SoW refills on its own and I'm finding that I'm ok with it. I've even had time to start playing other things I enjoy like occasional poker and some PC games so old I won't even list them here lol. I'll end up lower than normal, but at the end of the gauntlet season it really is barely any difference in the end reward and I won't have an odd number of talismans to add to my already bloated inventory.

And for the love of Eddie would someone please resolve the rune inventory issue? I mean seriously I went to Ailing Kingdom to farm some level 1 talismans to level up for the current event and the first run I go over inventory. Fix that and next run I am over inventory again. Hello, I've played for years and I do not have partial stacks of level 1 runes so every time I get one I end up over the dang limit again. How could the devs not see this coming when they introduce 9 new runes in such a short time? Do something to make me feel good about the state of the game and where it is headed so I will want to spend again in the future. I will never be a whale (never knew that term before this) but I assure you there are many people like me that spend a little here and there when we are happy and that has to add up to amount to something significant over time...
    Dude! This is exactly how I am! I drop money when I am happy and actually get something to drop during one of these events. The last two events I had to chase the goddamn Eddies all the way to the 750 fragments, but I still spent. You’d think once in awhile you’d actually get the current prize from the actual event souls and not have to wipe out all your resources every single time. The devaluation of everything and making everything harder to obtain is the worst tactic yet they’ve used. This is what finally triggered my “hey, quit trying to screw us” rant.
    Last edited by Saigrim; 03-08-2019 at 07:46 PM.
    Saigrim-3244

Order of Eld Clan, One Member of Many

OS
    Android
    This is the same for me if I'm happy and enjoying the game I'll spend, but I won't spend a cent even on ironite which has been a normal monthly expense for me for 2 years at least...

Oh well their loss, I hope they are heeding our words fellow troopers!
    Out of the universe, a strange light is born
    Unholy union, trinity reformed....

Proud Member of the Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    I have not been happy with how the game has been evolving over the last few months, and have been letting my nephew play my account. At first this event ticked me off so I didnt post about it, but after reflection it isnt as bad as it first appeared.

This event on the surface seemed a big gold grab especially after the last event. It cost about 500k to max a rune if you have all evo materials. If you only play powerslave and all skull quests you can earn between 500 -700 K gold per day without ironite refills. We only need to max 10 runes over 14 days, so it is not unreasonable to be able to accomplish the challenges gold expectations. Some may not have enough evo materials so it wont be doable.

You can complete most if not all of this event without any loss/gain of gold. My concern is about limited resource slots are becoming as much a problem as gold management. The real downside of this event anyone who is in a gold crunch wont be able to do much in the next sac event if the event continues as the previous one turned out.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    I did a rough calculation and it will cost approximately $2,644,560 gold to complete the upgrade/evolution of all of the requirements in this event. That really isn't that bad, its just the one thing on top of the other syndrome stacking up keeping the irritated feelings alive.

For the above calculation I had to use 3* runes to power up the tier 1 and 2 talismans because I had already burned all of my 1* and 2* runes trying to clear inventory overflow errors. So that number could be a few thousand cheaper but its really close.
    "A good game is like a mirror that allows you to look into yourself. And you can learn a lot about a man by watching how he plays a game." Malcador

Cartic-4058 - in-game account ID

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim28213 View Post
    I did a rough calculation and it will cost approximately $2,644,560 gold to complete the upgrade/evolution of all of the requirements in this event. That really isn't that bad, its just the one thing on top of the other syndrome stacking up keeping the irritated feelings alive.

For the above calculation I had to use 3* runes to power up the tier 1 and 2 talismans because I had already burned all of my 1* and 2* runes trying to clear inventory overflow errors. So that number could be a few thousand cheaper but its really close.
    seems pretty accurate to me, so basicly it's 3 days of farming to get a few decent rewards. the event is boring but not necessary cash grabbing or unreasonable imo...

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    The game has needed to be restarted today like 4 times already, whats up with that?
    If you make games only with $$$ as goal you won't do it with love and passion. And if you don't do things with love and passion it results in shit.

For my personal what i clearly see is that the Artists do their work with love and passion because the whole Art of this Game is awesome.., but the Heads of this i don't know the english word for it.., don't know what they are doing.., the pricetags are more than out of this world. xD And these events over events.., i dunno.., but.., like someone said some Events ago.., if you make peace with this evolution of this game it will be easier to accept that they do what they do.., but i will still love the Art of this Game..,

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbat6120 View Post
    Can we have some actual events that require, y'know, actually playing the game instead of just spending?
    What? oO Do you mean like real gamecontent? oO In what World do you live? :P Do not expect that from Greedy Frog.

Quote Originally Posted by rags-6094 View Post
    Oh well their loss, I hope they are heeding our words fellow troopers!
    Are you serious? I mean they will.., but then it is too late. ;D
    Last edited by Symbiote; 03-08-2019 at 10:07 PM.
    "If you don't want to listen, find out the hard way."

But if everyone's gone it's too late...