Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

OS
    iOS

Gauntlet NIGHTMARE team--HELP

I was stopped last in SS with the following foes. This gauntlet, I drew this team on my first SS, and I was hoping to at least to get to collect 1.2 million gold.
    The team is:
    Killer Prime Sentinel
    Final Frontier Eddie
    Prisoner
    Charlotte

I have most characters and Eddies and a good collection of Talisman (except Primordial). I don't have The Prisoner, Killer Prime, Beast, FFE or Charlotte.
    I have used a number of my strongest characters, fully sharded, Gods, etc. I have been completely knocked out within the first round and have been lucky to even straggle into the 2nd round.
    I know that others in SS must have experienced this team. Is there any hope against this team without a Prisoner.
    Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I have not yet been so stumped by a team like this.
    Since I've been wiped out so quickly, I don't even know where to start, although I'm thinking I should take out Charlotte first if I live past the first round (because that revive is annoying).

OS
    Android
    I just beat this team as my first battle on SSS. I was lucky enough to have saved my prisoner and KP, I dont have charlotte or FFE yet.

Anyway, I used:

Prisoner with primordial
    KP with Warlord, trap, and sustaining (trap is used to force stun on the opposing KP first turn)
    Horus with Titan (overwhelming) and Future
    Visions Eddie with Eternal

Worked perfectly fine, none of my toons ever came close to dying.

OS
    iOS
    I'll try Horus, but I don't have those other characters. I'm wondering how Killer Prime can be countered. I could try stunning him and will outfit some trap talismans on a character.

OS
    Android
    Im stuck with the same team on the first SSS lol. So I have like nothing that good left. It sucks

But if I had my roster available, id suggest either heavy defense or bet everything on going first. Me id rather be on the safe side. Use the cheesiest def combo you have available, ideally blue lillith with fortune or destiny, assasin banshee if you have it, and saint talismans to revive the lillith. Unfortunately blocker will probably be disabled the 1st round lol. If you go first or survive round 1 just cleanse everything and youll likely be good. Any character that prevents permadeath is good (I think theres only like 2 right now tho). Speaking of which you might wanna have permadeath on your side so revive isnt an issue.

Destiny talis are a must, theyre reusable for one, anyway theyre great for the team defense buff that cant be disabled. Once youve got things "stabilised" you can probably go on the offensive pretty easily as prisoner and charlotte arent hard to kill.

OS
    iOS
    Well, I went with blue Lilith (with Destiny), Sentinel Derby Demon (so I had Permadeath), Horus and Ramses Eddie. All were fully sharded. I had Eternal on Ramses and Angel's on Horus. Banshee had some good talisman--can't remember now. I even got to go first, so I thought maybe I had a chance. I target the prisoner and was able to get him to 1/2 health only. But then FFE power skill (not sure which one since I don't have him) one-shotted the Lilith. By the end of that first turn only the Eddie was standing at 1/3 health. I did forget to use Saint Talisman (but all characters were permadeathed because of the Sentinel Prime passive).
    I really have no idea what to do. I guess I may have to wait to get the Prisoner, FFE, etc.
    I've come pretty far in the game (2nd time into SS), but this team stops me cold. Seems OP because I've been able to contend against all other teams up to now (even within SS). This is the 2nd straight gauntlet where I've been stopped by this team in SS. I have all my characters, but it is such a dominant wipe-out in the first round, I've lost hope.
    Last edited by Horus-2545; 03-14-2019 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Had my team not stated properly

OS
    Android
    If you have Beast Eddie, he can disable passives

OS
    iOS
    I do have Beast Eddie. I would just need to get lucky to land it and hope I go first. I tried Trap, but it did not stun Killer Prime for some reason. I just tried Assassin Banshee, Clansman, Madam and Gunner Hellraiser. AI went first and killed Hellraiser and Banshee. Then they finished Madam and Clansman in the 2nd round. Wow!

OS
    Android
    Well fortunately SS is really good, if you just get lucky enough to last until the gold rewards things arent so great tbh after that. So things will probably be better eventually That honestly is the hardest team tho except maybe some other KP variation

OS
    iOS
    How are your relics? Sometimes the difference between easy & hard is just a few levels of relics tbh.

Being open, I havent ever made SS, so you're doing better than me (I have a crappy group of magus chars). But have been against similar teams in arena often.

Immunity can be handy with that team. So maybe BBE? Also not knowing the team specifically, do they have much in the way of immunity? If they dont, then the green valk is great for loading them up with a heap of red debuffs inc stun. So stunners might be handy (Horus or freezers).

Another approach is to use some chars that do damage based on enemy max HP. They do quite well against FFE and KP. Alchemist power move is boss against that team normally.

Assassin hellraiser is also good against that team, dishing out big damage and attacking every time they hit you.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    So I made it to the second SSS, and the first team is this one again. I couldnt even see what talisman they have because they blew up my whole team in one turn and they of course won the coin toss.

I have almost no toons left, so I am done for this gauntlet run, but here is what i tried:

Blue Lilith - Fortune + Tranquility
    Gunner Lilith - Destiny + Advantage
    Killer Eddie - Counterstrike + Present
    Assassin Banshee - Angel + Nightmare

First attack from FFE one shot my lilith and killer Eddie, how can lily be killed with one attack when all damage is reduced by 60%?
    Second attack was KP which killed both the remaining characters which were only barely alive after the FFE attack. Seriously, FFE with 1 attack can almost wipe an entire team?

Well, this is the first time getting to 62 wins (my previous best was 52), so I'm happy. I just cant believe the drastic increase in difficulty from first SSS to the second. Crazy.