Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

OS
    iOS

Ancient Mariner Builds

So having gotten him on the last week, does anyone have any advice on talisman selection?

It would seem he could be a good alchemist replacement, but his green slots means angel is out of the question. Is it worth going immunity talismans, maybe with a magic cosmos + 3 greens or 2 greens and random blue? Or is it a case of going blues + green 2 setters and rely on someone else removing his stun?

Also is he worth skill sharding asap? Seems his power move without shards is pretty low damage?
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquatcho View Post
    So having gotten him on the last week, does anyone have any advice on talisman selection?

It would seem he could be a good alchemist replacement, but his green slots means angel is out of the question. Is it worth going immunity talismans, maybe with a magic cosmos + 3 greens or 2 greens and random blue? Or is it a case of going blues + green 2 setters and rely on someone else removing his stun?

Also is he worth skill sharding asap? Seems his power move without shards is pretty low damage?
    I have had fully sharded Mariner for quite a long time. I have tried many different build, none really works. It's basic move "Life in death" should transfer all negative effects from all allies. It doesn't. Or does it so seldom, you will never see it. Ancient Mariner is big fat disappointment. There is really no point to bring it to any high level battle. I have tried it many time in gauntlet and lost all times.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Olevipoeg View Post
    I have had fully sharded Mariner for quite a long time. I have tried many different build, none really works. It's basic move "Life in death" should transfer all negative effects from all allies. It doesn't. Or does it so seldom, you will never see it. Ancient Mariner is big fat disappointment. There is really no point to bring it to any high level battle. I have tried it many time in gauntlet and lost all times.
    Well thats disappointing! Thanks though.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:

OS
    iOS
    He's no Charlotte, that's for sure. He could be a lot better if they tweaked him a bit, maybe up the percentage for his basic skill on the negative effects transferring. The punishment status is still pretty useful, although that attack itself doesn't do much damage. Right now I have him built like a tank, with Sustaining and Enduring talismans. I may try something else in the future. If I had another set of Eternals I might have used that.
    Volrath-0020
    Joms Vikings 4 Lyfe

OS
    Android
    Mine is sharded and I've never found a talismam set that helps him. He's weak, and his hits remind me of the Sentinel Corrupt Warden it Wolf Cultist. Anyone find something to wake him up, please post it. As of now I wouldn't waste shards on him.

OS
    Android
    i use him in gauntlet with ward eternals and i havent had reason to complain. he hits reasonably well and his punishment is nice. mine is fully sharded. I dont know how often we will have a magus only gauntlet requirement anymore, but he was nice to have for that over the past few tours.

OS
    iOS
    Yeah sadly he isn't the killing machine I had hoped. The only build I have for him at the moment is energy/angel since his damage is mediocre anyway. I can confirm that the basic attack which transfers the negative effects from allies to the enemy works 50/50. It's not reliable at all. Oh well

OS
    iOS
    I think he was a bit better with Future on him in the empty slots as he triggered a bit more but really not a great character - his skills need buffed a lot to be useful - he looks cool though!

I have had eternals on him as well as energy and tower but in gauntlet I used energy and future as his power move is decent and greater chance of basic triggering - it can be very useful for sure but you really need it to trigger!
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    Thanks, yeah I dont have any ward eternals, so I guess energy/future looks the best option. Might save my SS then for another char!
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:

OS
    iOS
    Thankfully over several sac events I got loads of SS so very glad to have them as they do not seem to drop as much! I am going to try to SS all of my characters over the next week or so as I have close to 1k of them at the moment! Mariner is actually OK for gauntlet but I would not be surpirside if they buff him in the future. Also try to pair him with a magic charge dealing Eddie or character as that also helps to up his hitting power.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496