Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Is the game became harder ?

Hi,

I didn't play Legacy of the Beast for a while (like more than a year), but few days ago I wanted to play it back.

But despite the fact that I have to remember how to play, I have the bad feeling that the game became much harder than it was one or two years ago.

I remember I had a not-so-bad strategy at this time. I used Assassin Newborn of Light to get "Endure" status on my all team, and with Eddy Speed of Light, each turn I healed my team and extended my bonus durations by one turn with its based attack from the past. I also often used the military green dog as a shield and it pratically couldn't die thanks to "Endure" status.
    With this strategy, I could beat Lord of Light level 10 with only 4 stars characters even if the enemies were largely stronger than my team.

But now, I can't even pass over the Lord of Light level 8 any more, and hardly beat the level 7, with the same strategy. Indeed, a lot of monsters have attacks which cancel the bonus, and so "Endure" is not so efficient any more. Because of this, I can't get 3 stars evo shards because all the quests which can give it became too hard for me. :/ Even my 5-stars Reaper Eddie (the only 5-stars characters I have) at lvl 100 is not strong enough to beat Lord of Light 7 or higher, even with some 4* talismans to boost MAG.

So is the game became harder than it was some years ago, officially ? I have the feeling that I'm stuck because every battle I try to get 3 stars shards, I die, and I can't go ahead. :/

PS : sorry if I made english mistakes.

OS
    Android
    It's harder. You need to work toward the newer talismams and characters. I love the old Eddie's, but without the newer talismams they just can't keep up. Sometimes the satellite and skull talismam quest drops some good talismams. Also the stores have them for trooper badges and iron coins. Keep grinding and you'll get better and more competitive.

OS
    iOS
    Yes, it is way harder now - I am not so sure that LOL has chnaged that much though - I think it is the same difficulty as before as none of the characters in it have changed but I may be wrong on that. As HuckFinn said - you just need to get up to speed with the newer talisman and keep levelling up characters by farming resources. It does not take long nowadays to push faster to a strong team - a month of events will help out as will getting sacrifice rewards when it coes round each month.

A key thing will be to try to get a few new Eddies as they will help, no question there. No real instant power gain possible unless you spend some cash (which there are a load more opportunities to do as you will see form the store).

If you have any more specific question do post them as someone on here will be able to help I am sure.

Best of luck.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Thank you very much for your answers !

For the moment, all my interesting characters are at max level and I need some evo shards to evolve them into 5 stars characters but I will try to get some new talismans and characters and evolve my talismans. However, as a casual gamer, I have the habit to give up when a game is way too hard for me xD, so I'm not sure I will be patient enough to get strong characters, ha ha. But I will try.

OS
    Android
    Play the game for your enjoyment. It's better that way. This game doesn't end, so you have all the time in the world.

OS
    Android
    Please post your ID so we can look at your characters and give you some advice.

OS
    Android
    I guess I have to learn more about talismans and set better strategies for each team. If anyone can help me with any advice I will be very grateful.
    You can watch my team and be free to send an invitation.
    LeoLagarto-6793
    Thx \m/

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoLagarto View Post
    I guess I have to learn more about talismans and set better strategies for each team. If anyone can help me with any advice I will be very grateful.
    You can watch my team and be free to send an invitation.
    LeoLagarto-6793
    Thx \m/
    Power up your counterstrike, immortal, nightmare, and a set of energy talismans. Buy a redemption set with frontier coins as you get them, very useful everywhere. Beast Ed, Sehkmet, Alchemist (needs skill shards) and Lady Azov can all be great characters, Magus Lilith really needs Destiny purchased from store with trooper badges. Don't waste time and resources on junk characters and talismans. Avoid low damage green Mystical, blue Sorcery, red Skilled and yellow Onslaught talismans, build highest damage team and run a tough blocker. You only need a few choice matched sets on the right sharded characters to blast through obstacles.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by edsel View Post
    Avoid low damage green Mystical, blue Sorcery, red Skilled and yellow Onslaught talismans, build highest damage team and run a tough blocker. You only need a few choice matched sets on the right sharded characters to blast through obstacles.
    Agree however, 6 mystical and onslought set, 5 sorcery and mystical set, 4 onslought and sorcery of particular talisman set are extremely useful combined with talisman that release an incredible power (greed warlord, dominance etc.) I usually do not keep those subtypes but now makes sense to check out how they may works best with others powerful talisman.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by edsel View Post
    build highest damage team and run a tough blocker.
    Question regarding a tough blocker. This is something in the game that I don't fully understand even when reading the "Blockheads" forum post. Which is why I can never get in the top 800 in the arena.
    Is there a list of characters that are blockers or is it a combo with talismans?
    gogosox40-2036
    Proud Clan Member JomsVikings