Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android

Pursuits of Alchemy (Arena) - Battle in the Arena for new 5-set Alchemy Talismans!

Name:  Pursuits-of-Alchemy-Event2.jpg
Views: 7401
Size:  1.00 MB
    Earn Gnosis Soul Fragments, Iron Coins, and Gold by achieving milestones in the Arena!

From now until March 30th at 5 PM PT, there are new event challenges added to the Challenges screen. These reward you for getting a certain amount of wins in the Arena before the event is over:

• Every 10 Wins: Iron Coins x50, Gnosis Soul Fragments x50, Gold x10,000
    • Every 25 Wins: Iron Coins x100, Gnosis Soul Fragments x100, Gold x15,000
    • Every 50 Wins: Iron Coins x150, Gnosis Soul Fragments x150, Gold x25,000
    • Every 100 Wins: Iron Coins x300, Gnosis Soul Fragments x200, Gold x50,000

There is no limit to these rewards! Please note that these items will be granted when you complete your Arena battle, and will stack if you meet multiple requirements.

For example, when you reach 50 wins, you will earn the rewards for 10 wins, 25 wins, and 50 wins at the same time; this results in combined rewards of 300 Iron Coins, 300 Gnosis Fragments, and 50,000 Gold.

Use Gnosis Soul Fragments in the Event Store to purchase limited time items including ALCHEMY TALISMANS our latest 5-set talismans!

Alchemy Talismans are blue Talismans with a 5 set effect. Equip them to grant Invincibility to all allies for the first turn of battle. These talismans also transform Negative Effects on all allies into Beneficial Effects every turn and permanently reduce a random stat on all enemies by 5% every time you attack.

See the full list of limited time Event Store items below:
    • 3⭐ Alchemy (Sorcery) Talisman x1 (1000 Gnosis Soul Fragments, 5 per event)
    • Skill Shard x1 (100 Gnosis Soul Fragments, 3 per event)
    • Ironite x25 (100 Gnosis Soul Fragments, 3 per event)
    • Frontier Coins x 100 (150 Gnosis Soul Fragments, 1 per event)
    • Cosmic XP Shards x10 (100 Gnosis Soul Fragments, 1 per day)
    • Cosmic XP Runes x5 (150 Gnosis Soul Fragments, 1 per day)
    • Talisman Soul Fragments x25 (50 Gnosis Soul Fragments, 20 per event)
    • Catalyst Soul x1 (300 Gnosis Soul Fragments, 3 per event)
    • Legendary Soul x1 (500 Gnosis Soul Fragments, 1 per event)

IMPORTANT: Gnosis Fragments can also be used to make Gnosis Souls, which will drop a 3⭐ or 5⭐ Gold Idol. Gold Idols can be sold for a high price, but cannot be used to purchase the items available for Gnosis Fragments. Converting Gnosis Fragments into their Souls and/or opening those Souls is not reversible, so please avoid converting your Gnosis Fragments until after this event is over.

Finally, we have a couple additional deals on offer for the duration of this event!
    [list][*]Alchemy Talismans are also obtainable from the store for Ironite or IAP. You can get two talismans to finish making a set for Ironite (i.e. the 500 Ironite pack will grant you 2x Alchemy Talismans), and if you’d like to get a full set of the talisman with some bonus Ironite, Gold and Sands of War, there is a one-time only offer as an IAP.[*]Eternity Relics are purchasable with Gold in the Event Store!

Eternity Relics grant players up to a 50% increase in HP, Attack and Magic stats in the Arena for a limited time. There are two kinds: Eternity Arms (Increase Stats on your Arena Offense Team) and Eternity Armor (Increase Stats on your Arena Defense Team).

Please note: Each Eternity Relic can be purchased twice and will expire 2 weeks after they are purchased (Note: Earning additional levels of these Relics will refresh the timer!). These Relics will not increase stats in the Gauntlet.

OS
    Android
    Sorcery!? C'mon. Get your shit together, because it's everywhere.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarris View Post
    Sorcery!? C'mon. Get your shit together, because it's everywhere.
    I don't mind sorcery, since it's a 5 set, I'd rather have the extra durability for my character and just use an attack Cosmic for the last slot.

About the event, I would have preferred they just did it the normal way with the Talismans and iron coins like it's been for the past few months. This event feels....less than what is preferred. Not exactly something I'd like to get into on my first day back from my vacation.
    Last edited by Amarthir; 03-24-2019 at 12:19 AM.

First: arena events are the *worst*. You need to play constantly to get 200 wins without spending ironite, and the amount of players that don’t set a weak defence only makes this harder.

Second: because the arena is terrible in general regarding efforts v rewards, most people don’t play it other than whats necessary, but do power up their relics for the gauntlet. Combine this with point #1 (arena sucks) + (non-weak defences) and you have tonnes and tonnes of players at every stage of arena with difficult to beat defences.

This increases the frustration in playing arena events

Finally: in order to get the rewards this week without spending 500 ironite to finish it is 400 wins, double the usual requirement.

Overall just terrible.

A simple change from “win x arena matches” to “play x arena matches” would make all the difference in these shitty arena events.

tl;dr: I hate arena events and if anything is going to make me quit this game (again), it will be them

OS
    Android
    Definitely less IC for wins.

No one said there would be math involved with this "game"! I don't want to have to think if I'm playing...
    kkkreg5-6767

_________| CLAN |_________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    Quick clarification on minimum Arena Wins to receive enough Gnosis Fragments to purchase Talismans:

After 100 Wins total gets you 1,400 Gnosis Fragments total (1 Talisman)
    After 150 Wins total gets you 2,000 Gnosis Fragments total (2 Talismans)
    After 225 Wins total gets you 3,000 Gnosis Fragments total (3 Talismans)
    After 300 Wins total gets you 4,200 Gnosis Fragments total (4 Talismans)
    After 375 Wins total gets you 5,000 Gnosis Fragments total (5 Talismans)

In summary, you need 375 wins for enough Gnosis Fragments for the entire set of Talismans

OS
    iOS
    Hey, I get that the arena events are the toughest to grind through as its all so manual.

But I'll keep saying it: If you dont want to do it, then dont do it!

Im probably just going to do a bit more than usual, grab some FC/IC and talisman soul frags and then fiiinnallllyyyy catch up on some much needed farming for gold!

Yes it would be good to get every new item easier, but realistically its not going ot happen. We all need to get just get used to playing part of events, saving up and then committing to a full event every so often (at least those of us not willing to spend the big $).
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquatcho View Post
    Hey, I get that the arena events are the toughest to grind through as its all so manual.

But I'll keep saying it: If you dont want to do it, then dont do it!

Im probably just going to do a bit more than usual, grab some FC/IC and talisman soul frags and then fiiinnallllyyyy catch up on some much needed farming for gold!

Yes it would be good to get every new item easier, but realistically its not going ot happen. We all need to get just get used to playing part of events, saving up and then committing to a full event every so often (at least those of us not willing to spend the big $).
    I want to agree with you so badly. The problem is most of these events, like this one, introduce something that becomes necessary as the devs keep introducing new things that,instead of re-balancing what we have, ratchet up the difficulty or add new mechanics that either break the game or become necessary to complete things.

I miss being able to log in and do whatever I wanted in the app, but now it seems if I'm not engaging in the current event I just get further behind.

OS
    Android
    Muzak, the game has definetly turned into pay to collect game. You are either collecting for fun or to stay competitive at the higher levels. The current arena event will cost you 600 ironite to earn the 5 set talisman set if you didnt save SoW from the current dungeon event. That doesnt include the time to win all the required battles.

The game is trying to see which resource they can make you deplete the fastest. Another way to deplete your resources is to release all the new souls and evo materials to make you reach max slot capacity. They then make it neccessary to use or sell those resources just to be able to play, then increase the slots after you consumed the excess resources.

The rate at which new toons/talisman are being released is making everyone grind just to acquire/evolve them without having time to enjoy the new toys. I dont know how newer players have time to earn gold and evo material to evolve all the new talisman let alone the older frequently used talisman.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    the higher the rate of putting in new stuff the less i grind for it. why spending time/Money today when tomorrows update makes it useless?...