Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arena - one shot kills most of my team

So what is the new talisman or bug that is causing a strong offensive team to die almost immediately with one shot kills. I've seen it mostly with the Ferryman and now I see it with a one member team of Alexander. Is this a bug or an OP talisman? Please PM me if this is being kept a secret...
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player
    This game is going to get me fired one day...

OS
    Android
    Yes, there are some talismans such as the Warlords that have been released in two opportunities so far, and the Dominance talismans that generate various types of offensive effects, out of which many of the new characters are high-damages.

Adding to this, if you go in the store, events tab, you'll see that there are two types of relics available for gold, I get the impression that a lot of people are picking up the ones that increase the status of their defense team.

I think that's what you're facing

But, there are several bugs out there, always.

Feel like i've been here before

Wickerman-7654

OS
    Android
    I haven't run into it yet, but I've noticed the teams are more powerful than last week. I've had 3 fully sharded and talismam maxed teams vested by what should be a win on my part. Oh well, it's a good place to stop this time lol.

OS
    Android
    we should be able to see if an opponent is loaded with special time limited relics. otherwise this is impossible to know, before you get smashed....

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    In my understanding this problem was the result of the release of very powerful characters (in terms of damage output PLUS skills) like FFE and KP plus the addiiton of the new meta (in form of talismans like warlord, sustaining, greed and the red set - forgot the name) that healing gives the strongest offensive buffs. When I think back there was a short period when there was not much to do against it. MLilith with Destiny was killed with one shot before invisibility could trigger and then your team was completely unprotected. Then they released some counters, e.g. radiant and fortune talismans and assassin Banshee. In my opinion it is not good that everything is connected to that few characters, while the total number of characters is so huge now. I do ALL arena matches with the same team. Everything else is a set of about 3 other characters for autofarming and everything else is just there because of the Gauntlet.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

Thanks for the feedback!! I knew it had to be something. I normally just auto play arena until I hit a certain level and some of the teams I've experienced this with were very low rank and their defense wasn't anything really scary and seemed to be just another easy win, but then the ass whooping started and I found myself talking to my phone saying... "Wait... WTF??" But all the feedback would definitely explain it!! Thanks again guys!!! :-)
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player

OS
    iOS
    I think the way arena is during an event like this you canstill get very strong teams in the rank 500 or lower area - I certainly have noticed this. I think also more folk are getting FFE through guantlet so in general the rise to the strong team can be achieved a lot quicker now that say a year ago or when us oldies started playing - it took forever to get anywhere back then! Now you can be in the top pretty quickly especially if you have cash to burn.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    I think the way arena is during an event like this you canstill get very strong teams in the rank 500 or lower area - I certainly have noticed this. I think also more folk are getting FFE through guantlet so in general the rise to the strong team can be achieved a lot quicker now that say a year ago or when us oldies started playing - it took forever to get anywhere back then! Now you can be in the top pretty quickly especially if you have cash to burn.
    LOL... I know right??? I still remember the day I finally got my 6th 3* Gunner shard so I could level up my Soldier Eddie to 5* He was my first 5 and it felt like I won the lottery. It was frustrating on a different level back then with resources being so rare and only a handful of talismans / effects that you had to keep up with. Hell... that was back when Gunners fury was awesome and his flag actually waved when he was on the tank. Then they nerfed him and starched the shit out of his flag. Now it looks like he could chop wood with that thing. Although I have to admit I haven't dusted him off in ages so who knows... maybe they fixed that...
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player

OS
    iOS
    I guess it just shows how much the game has actually evolved. We were without doubt beta testers to start with - I mean the bugs back then meant no game in many cases and yeah it was a major struggle to get anywhere quickly - my progress was battle by battle location by location and getting a 5 star meant the world - there were no quick roads to a 5 star and even completing a talisman set was a major power gain never mind levelling them up! Oh how times have changed...as indeed they should. Game longevity/survival now depends on getting as many new players up the ranks as quickly as possible, hence the moves they are making.

My initial big Eddies were based on a target of getting a fully sharded 5 star in each class - can't fully remember but Carriage Rider was I think my first magus, Samurai was Warrior, Pharoah was Sentinal, Soldier was gunner and Vampire my Assassin - oddly I never looked much at assassin class until vampire was mine - cant even really remember using Storm all that much - I did use Speed of Light and Mummy a fair bit due to certain metas later on but really I just stuck to the Eddies that were sharded and had decent talisman on them for a very long time!

If I remember my best team for doing most stuff was based around Samurai, Warrior Hellhound and Warrior Rocket Dog. I used them for a very long time for most things in the game.
    Last edited by scott-5496; 03-26-2019 at 03:04 PM.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    LOL... I know right??? I still remember the day I finally got my 6th 3* Gunner shard so I could level up my Soldier Eddie to 5* He was my first 5 and it felt like I won the lottery. It was frustrating on a different level back then with resources being so rare and only a handful of talismans / effects that you had to keep up with. Hell... that was back when Gunners fury was awesome and his flag actually waved when he was on the tank. Then they nerfed him and starched the shit out of his flag. Now it looks like he could chop wood with that thing. Although I have to admit I haven't dusted him off in ages so who knows... maybe they fixed that...
    I grinded powerslave on manual for 3 weeks so i could max out soldier Eddie Present skills before opening past and present skills.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan