OS
    Android

Blue Derby Demon Passive

Her passive generally clears debuffs just fine, but when she gets stunned, frozen, or teleported to the moon, her passive doesn't kick in. Now I don't know if it's intended to work this way ... But considering her power move is a pretty powerful team cleanse she works rather well as cleanser. However, you need to equip her with angels despite of her passive. Just strikes me as rather weird, but as I said, not sure if it's a bug or just another example of a not so well thought out mechanic.

The skill description reads as:
    "Cleanse and Grant a Random Beneficial Effect to self or a random ally every turn"
    Liu-5868

from a world of magma to a cold rock face,
    the ascent of madness and the human race

OS
    Android
    Well there is this "or" in the description.... so to me this sounds like it either does all the good things to herself, or to an ally.
    If it would say "Cleanse self, and ....." this would mean to me that the cleanse on herself is granted.

But that's just my interpretation, I have never used her so far and hence could not test that passive behaviour
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    Yeah it reads to me as one or the other, not both so she does need some kind of cleansing - she would be pretty strong if it was her and an ally. A team of them might be quite a prospect!
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    She always clears herself, just not when she is stunned, frozen, etc. The passive descriptive text is garbage and not at all understandable, I agree. Two logical operators, but no clear distinction. I think it's meant as
    "[cleanse (self)] AND [do additional stuff to either self OR rand ally]".
    Cause that's pretty much what happens ingame. It'd be nice if we could get some clarification on how it's supposed to work, since the current mechanics are definitely not working properly. It does bug me to have to put angel on a self cleanser though, the way her passive works atm is pretty much the same as not having a passive at all.
    Last edited by Liu; 04-10-2019 at 10:49 AM.
    Liu-5868

OS
    Android
    i dont understand the confusion? It is very clear (maybe it is a language or translation issue?). She will "cleanse and grant a beneficial effect each turn" the target is chosen randomly between EITHER herself or an ally each turn. When I run her, I always use Angel so I can assure she is ready to clear the rest of the team.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasmai View Post
    i dont understand the confusion?
    First sentence of this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Liu View Post
    Her passive generally clears debuffs just fine, but when she gets stunned, frozen, or teleported to the moon, her passive doesn't kick in.
    Subsequently I'm wondering about the usefulness of her passive. If it never works when she's stunned it's a garbage passive. If the cleanse part (the part before the first logical operator) is meant to be also applied randomly to either self or allies (which previous posters are thinking) it's also a garbage passive. This is because if either case is true, she has a passive self cleanse move that will never work reliably, hence you need to equip angels, hence my question as to the weird mechanics.

Now if her passive is meant to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Liu View Post
    "[cleanse (self)] AND [do additional stuff to either self OR rand ally]".
    it would make sense, since she reliably cleanses self and there is no need for angels (please note the brackets).

What I would like to know is:
    1. Is the passive not kicking in when stunned, frozen, etc. a bug ?
    2. How are the mechanics intended to work (in abstraction from the ingame description) ? It is rather odd to provide a cleanser with an unreliable self cleanse. You would either give the cleanser a reliable self cleanse or no self cleanse at all.
    Last edited by Liu; 04-10-2019 at 03:23 PM.
    Liu-5868