I completely understand the attempt to get away from the grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind events. And, in a small way, it's good to see devs at least attempting to remove the grind factor at times.

However.. events whose primary purpose is to deplete resources are HORRIBLE events. Running one every few weeks is even WORSE. I'm still recovering from the last resource-depleting event.

Suggestion... rather than an EVENT.. make them MISSIONS. My Missions tab has been blank for months. As missions there would be no time constraint, and the missions would naturally be achieved while playing without the mad rush on the part of devs to take every last resource a player has accumulated.

By depleting resources every couple weeks.. there's certainly less motivation to participate in an event, and if you can't acquire some of the mission goodies, that may also alter the desire to play at all.