Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    I think we would all prefer it if this game wasn't a freemium game with all the necessary bad tricks that this industry needs or is based on. "Freemium Industry Procedures" we can say. First and foremost, the people being milked are those who tend to be obsessed with addiction, always need the newest stuff directly, and have no moral idea that a competition should require the same conditions. However, this is always legitimised, because there are these offers in the shop - even for the latest joke talismans, lol! Brave New World!

Back to the topic:
    The update looks quite ok, buffs for the nomad and the witch doctor are cool. That a tuning for the newest Eddie is necessary shortly after release is a bit strange, but doesn't matter.
    At least 2 bugfixes made it into the announcement, yeah!
    Why the pay-only greed set gets another buff I can't understand, but no matter.
    The debuff for EE was foreseeable, actually amazing that there was no hotfix for it. I tried the trick when the new SQ came out, but wow, that is so annoying and slow... unbelievable. Extremely rarely I was defeated with the typical combination in the arena, so really not relevant.
    The new talismans are of course very strong again. I find it very annoying, but see above "Freemium Industry Procedures".

What we are all waiting for, of course, are the improvements in character/talisman management. Apparently it will take some more time until something happens there.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    devs you destroy game with new 5 set alchemy talisman....you need to make game better not worst...

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Viper talismans are overpowered.
    truewords
    but it's not like it matter at this point
    next time we will have ferryman's passive skill on a talisman in a 2 set for good measure
    Last edited by Zantarath; 04-08-2019 at 06:40 PM.

OS
    Android
    Everytime an OP toon or talisman is released it is going to cause the end of the game. Someone will learn how to defeat the new release or just wait awhile and the new better release will overpower it. In the short term the few who earn it or buy it will have an advantage, but it will become commonplace in the near future.if it is too powerful it may even get nerfed. Primordials ruined the game, now many teams dont routinely use them in arena.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    What we are all waiting for, of course, are the improvements in character/talisman management. Apparently it will take some more time until something happens there.
    The code exists to display, scroll and select characters in a block, this should be easy to make a 5wide by 5 tall display instead of the giant showcase image of the character. What good comes from spinning the figure around and eating up all that space where a character gallery could be?
    Name:  Screenshot_2019-04-08-15-12-52.png
Views: 699
Size:  722.8 KBName:  Screenshot_2019-04-08-15-13-12.png
Views: 592
Size:  843.2 KB
    Long skinny lineup of 300+ characters trying to assemble teams for gauntlet must end!

OS
    Android
    Even with the 5x5 block it would be a lot of scrolling. I'd prefer more/better options to move, sort and show.

Some ideas:
    - On the right to the Sacrifice button there would be 5 buttons, only with the class symbol. If you tap there, you jump to the beginning of the respective class. Could have a 6th one for non-level-100-characters.
    - between MY TEAM and RELICS botton at the left border there would be again 5 buttons with the class symbols with the headline botton "show only". If you tip there the 5 buttons become available. By default none is selected. You can add all characters of a class by selecting its symbol there. Maybe this could also go together with the 5x5 block idea above. Could have a 6th one for non-level-100-characters aswell.
    - sorting also by name should be possible, as it is default for the team selection right before a battle
    - maybe a search field with auto suggestion could help
    - Talisman tab gets new buttons called "unequip all" and "move". By holding on a tali for 1 second you select it for multiple selection. If you then tap "move", they are unequipped but kept in cache to equip them all to another character with one tap. This would be needed, as otherwise you could only transfer all tallis between characters with the same color slots.

We all know that a new management system is needed, especially as the number of characters is increasing constantly. I also know that this overhaul is complicated and because of that it should be well thought out and hence perfect so that another change is not needed in the near future. My ideas should be seen as an inspiration, the programming implementation could be more difficult than I imagine, but for that you, NF, are the experts
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    Everytime an OP toon or talisman is released it is going to cause the end of the game. Someone will learn how to defeat the new release or just wait awhile and the new better release will overpower it. In the short term the few who earn it or buy it will have an advantage, but it will become commonplace in the near future.if it is too powerful it may even get nerfed. Primordials ruined the game, now many teams dont routinely use them in arena.
    Nicely put. We have to be careful not to approach things from a 'sky is falling' perspective all the time.

If things were so overpowered, we would be seeing much more of a shakeup at the top levels of gauntlet and arena right? But in reality, irrespective of all the releases, those who grind slowly improve and if you grind slightly more (or pay), you get a head of the pack.

And in all of that, those who dont pay still can get quite close to the very top anyway, so as far as Im concerned, that is the main metric of whether the game really is broken.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post

Some ideas:
    Yeah a typed search field and some method to group talismans for moving in one hit would be perfect!
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    Kaz's original post on this said they were targeting late this week for the update. Maybe we'll see it today?
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    Kaz's original post on this said they were targeting late this week for the update. Maybe we'll see it today?
    It's looking more like early next week atm, so no update today unfortunately.

-Kaz