Threaded View

OS
    iOS
    I’ve seen the the Facebook posts complaining about everything under the sun but I wanted to reiterate my complaints here. I don’t just complain to complain and I rarely do it, but it needs to be able to be said here as many times as we want to say it. If it doesn’t work and warnings aren’t heeded then we will see what happens but there has to be a balance between things. Shitting out so many new characters and talismans at the cost of adding new bugs is something that doesn’t have to be. They can put out TONS of new stuff that doesn’t break things. That’s what’s I don’t understand. They don’t QC anything after Night City. They should wait 30 days of testing each new thing before making it live. The Reaper Talismans prove they didn’t spend 1 day. They didn’t simply not do one of the stated effects—they did none of them. None. Think about how easy that is to catch. In all situations with any variable I tried, the talismans did nothing. That’s just sad and the devs should be reminded about it even if it’s been fixed. Oh and see how quickly it was fixed? Yea so they can put it back out for sale. But you did see how fast something can be fixed when resources are directed to fixing it.

Lastly, I am a “Whale” as they call it. I have the money and I enjoy the game and have spent an amount of money most people would consider insane on the game. I love Iron Maiden and the game can be fun if there is something to play for.

Recently I was screwed out of a Gauntlet win by a server reset (unscheduled) and just stopped playing. I usually don’t play for rank but this time I was and was strategizing I season of just throwing together teams. That 1 loss kept me from any chance of 1st place which is what I was aiming at. I don’t need Iron coins or anything else— that time I just wanted to compete and see what place I could get. Support said they don’t have the capacity to reset that loss and give me back the toons (which I’m not sure is true or not—maybe it is). But it shouldn’t be. They should have that ability. What’s left to play for besides 1st place in Gauntlet when you have already won an eternal in arena and all PVE Levels. I have one of every toon and talisman except maybe 1 or 2 not including cosmics which who knows how many there are. Nothing left to play for to me if that experience happens and it’s not the first time it’s happened. I just didn’t care as much before but this last time was the umpteenth time it’s happened. So when that happened I realized how far behind the infrastructure of the game is compared to how much is being churned out. I’ve seen players complain for YEARS about losing arena battles due to crashes and resets but all they need to do is play a couple more battles to get the points back. In Gauntlet you can’t and I hadn’t even started the battle yet. I was in the selection screen when I got the message that the game needed to be restarted.

Other players like Patrice agree—with the new “content” it’s too much and too fast. For me it’s not about not being able to keep up with it all because I can. Easily. Its about what’s left behind, and that’s the quality of the game. The new content of the week shouldn’t break more content and keep old problems from being focused on. They are not a huge corporation even though it’s worldwide. The amount of players is relatively small and the team is small. I’ve seen a group picture of them. So the whole corporate greed thing is an idiocy that will backfire. They don’t have the legs to stand on long enough. The game would need to grow more and become more stable (and not lose progress for players without reverting back to the last known state on a crash) before they would be able to really cash in. Micro transactions don’t make much from the bulk of players because the experience doesn’t warrant it yet.
    Last edited by Zugzwang; 04-27-2019 at 01:36 PM.