Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    OS
    iOS
    I’ve seen the the Facebook posts complaining about everything under the sun but I wanted to reiterate my complaints here. I don’t just complain to complain and I rarely do it, but it needs to be able to be said here as many times as we want to say it. If it doesn’t work and warnings aren’t heeded then we will see what happens but there has to be a balance between things. Shitting out so many new characters and talismans at the cost of adding new bugs is something that doesn’t have to be. They can put out TONS of new stuff that doesn’t break things. That’s what’s I don’t understand. They don’t QC anything after Night City. They should wait 30 days of testing each new thing before making it live. The Reaper Talismans prove they didn’t spend 1 day. They didn’t simply not do one of the stated effects—they did none of them. None. Think about how easy that is to catch. In all situations with any variable I tried, the talismans did nothing. That’s just sad and the devs should be reminded about it even if it’s been fixed. Oh and see how quickly it was fixed? Yea so they can put it back out for sale. But you did see how fast something can be fixed when resources are directed to fixing it.

Lastly, I am a “Whale” as they call it. I have the money and I enjoy the game and have spent an amount of money most people would consider insane on the game. I love Iron Maiden and the game can be fun if there is something to play for.

Recently I was screwed out of a Gauntlet win by a server reset (unscheduled) and just stopped playing. I usually don’t play for rank but this time I was and was strategizing I season of just throwing together teams. That 1 loss kept me from any chance of 1st place which is what I was aiming at. I don’t need Iron coins or anything else— that time I just wanted to compete and see what place I could get. Support said they don’t have the capacity to reset that loss and give me back the toons (which I’m not sure is true or not—maybe it is). But it shouldn’t be. They should have that ability. What’s left to play for besides 1st place in Gauntlet when you have already won an eternal in arena and all PVE Levels. I have one of every toon and talisman except maybe 1 or 2 not including cosmics which who knows how many there are. Nothing left to play for to me if that experience happens and it’s not the first time it’s happened. I just didn’t care as much before but this last time was the umpteenth time it’s happened. So when that happened I realized how far behind the infrastructure of the game is compared to how much is being churned out. I’ve seen players complain for YEARS about losing arena battles due to crashes and resets but all they need to do is play a couple more battles to get the points back. In Gauntlet you can’t and I hadn’t even started the battle yet. I was in the selection screen when I got the message that the game needed to be restarted.

Other players like Patrice agree—with the new “content” it’s too much and too fast. For me it’s not about not being able to keep up with it all because I can. Easily. Its about what’s left behind, and that’s the quality of the game. The new content of the week shouldn’t break more content and keep old problems from being focused on. They are not a huge corporation even though it’s worldwide. The amount of players is relatively small and the team is small. I’ve seen a group picture of them. So the whole corporate greed thing is an idiocy that will backfire. They don’t have the legs to stand on long enough. The game would need to grow more and become more stable (and not lose progress for players without reverting back to the last known state on a crash) before they would be able to really cash in. Micro transactions don’t make much from the bulk of players because the experience doesn’t warrant it yet.
    Last edited by Zugzwang; 04-27-2019 at 01:36 PM.

OS
    Android
    I feel somewhat the same. I've don't a lot in the time I've been playing and I feel there's not enough whatever to hold someone's interest for very long. In just over a year for me I've completed all the world and have all the characters I want as of now and only really play about 6 regularly. I'd love new world rather than new toons to replay world that I can go through with one Eddie without and difficulty. They did good by modifying ailing kingdom, but didn't go day enough. They should have added the new characters through the other levels as well. I can't enjoy them even with lowly Mummy Eddie. Plus, they could have made a new level upping the difficulty to give more challenge to higher players. Maybe it's not meant for us to continue after a certain completion of the game and missions. Maybe we should bow out and just keep our collection until a time when a change brings us back. Who knows......

OS
    iOS
    I’m mainly bitching about bugs and only secondarily bitching about lack of non character/talisman content. I get what you’re saying but I also know that takes time and we just got Night City 4-5 months ago. Just want to not lose battles due to crashes. There is a way to implement this while at the same time having a way to differentiate between a player closing or backing out of a battle and rightfully losing it vs a battle that has not been started or is in progress when a crash happens and have the game state reset to before that when the game is restarted and the player logged back in. It’s like that with other aspects but not battles. Bottom line is if the connection is lost for any reason on the game server side it should revert back to the previous state. The arena disco ball bug is a perfect example. Can’t reproduce it in order to fix it? Ok then at least implement a way that ain’t doesn’t cause a loss of sands of war or a loss to the player. If people had that they would just play the battle again and the bug most likely wouldn’t happen. Take them a minute. Look at the bigger picture than an issue. Look at overall problems that the issues exacerbate and fix them is what I think should happen.
    Last edited by Zugzwang; 04-29-2019 at 12:13 PM.

OS
    Android
    I agree on the bugs as well. I just didn't mention them as you said it better than I could. The bugs should be too priority before all else. That should go without saying, but here it seems to be beyond their grasp. I want to think they are doing their best, but so much needs to be addressed and with the next best thing it just compiles into a gigantic mess that is uncontrollable, it seems.

OS
    iOS
    None of us know the revenue they bring in but it’s only beyond their grasp because they choose not to do it because it doesn’t make money. I wish more people spent a little so they had the money to dedicate people to fixing problems which apparently they don’t.

OS
    Android
    You guys have alot of good points. I feel ya!
    As far as the bugs, I just experienced alot of effe'd up sh!t in Pvp. Since yesterday's update .... alot of weird stuff is happening. KP not removing buffs, enemies with invincibility taking damage, toons reviving with no immortality or buffs/talis that grant it.
    It's weird. But all in all, the money we spend and the game as it is..... in the end it's just a game. In real life we have bigger fish to fry!
    Zuzwang sounds like he hit the summit.
    I hit 2nd and 3rd place two weeks in a row in Pvp, completed all levels of the game and skull quests, have most toons and ALL the talis, so Gauntlet is the only mountain left climb, not sure if I care. Keeping up with the Jones' is all there is. But I have time to kill and a lil' money to spend, so for now, they have my interest.
    As they say..... "It's all for fun"

OS
    iOS
    Please go back and review forum history...

There's NOTHING being posted here which hasn't been posted at LEAST once a month since inception... but .. yeah.. you go ahead and think YOU'RE the one to change things.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Look dude. I never said anywhere that I was “the one to change things” nor do I think I am. Do you realize how insecure you sound with replies like that? I sounds like attention seeking to me.

I’ve seen plenty of the posts you’re referring to over the years even though I don’t live on this forum all the time like you might.

That doesn’t mean I can’t come here and complain about my personal experience or the game in general and post what I think would be good ideas to improve the game. You obviously don’t know what I think because you’ve failed to grasp the point of my posts. Who are you to police my posts anyway?

As for “inception”— I’ve been playing since day 1 and my forum name has been changed once—not that someone being here longer than someone else matters. I didn’t just show up recently but I’m also not going to spend all my time reading every post, so stop with the “go back and read that it’s been said before” nonsense. Your replies are contrary and apologetic to the problems with the game and are trying to negate my valid point without offering anything new yourself— even if it’s been made made a million times before. Do you think you’re the first one to say “hey someone else had that to say already”? My points are my own. You don’t even have one other than to say that since I and others have already mentioned these problems before that it should not be posted again, so why keep commenting?

By the way, I’ve beaten you in the arena and seen your setups. You’re nothing special... but... keep thinking YOU’RE the best player the game has ever seen!........ See how stupid that sounds?

If you think that simply because you’re a regular here on these forums that you’re a great player, well good for you. I seriously doubt it, but if you are it has nothing to do with how often you read or comment here. It also doesn’t give you the right to tell people they shouldn’t post something because it’s been posted before or because YOU don’t like it—just scroll past.

You’re comments added nothing to the thread anyway.You’re just acting like an entitled baby. All you did in your condescending replies was make excuses for the problems with the game and tell me things as if I didn’t know how they work and you are educating me. Lmao @ you bro.
    Last edited by Zugzwang; 04-28-2019 at 06:40 PM.

OS
    Android
    Talking for myself and for myself only.

Characters don't make money. I don't care how OP is the new and shine toon or talisman.

I spend my money when I am happy. When I can play smoothly and have a good time gaming, I buy whatever is been selling.

The amount of my spenditure is inconstant, when I got pissed by bugs, I close my wallet, as the time goes by with no bugs, I resume buys.

So to me, bug correction make money. Probably my money is irrelevant on NF/navigator accounting, I just want to share my opinion, not convence anyone.

OS
    iOS
    Things can get a bit nippy on here at times folks - people can take things the wrong way and things escalate until things start to look daft. We just all need a platform like this to say what we want (within reason I guess) and readers can take it how they want. It is all just opinion and perception so lets all try to chill a little with each other....vent as much as you want but surely there is no need to make it personal. We can ll have our own say on topics raised for sure so lets just do that and as others have said - if you dont like things being said just scroll on by and listen to some Maiden!

Things get to me too, for sure. At the moment it is clear that there are issues in many areas of the game - most of these are linked to quality control and lack thereof by the looks of things. To me it is my single biggest issue - they really need to fix this and there should be little to no excuse for things not working if they are tested properly - sure little things can always slip through but 95% of stuff should be sound before it is released. I have never got why they let this happen - if it is resource then stop releasing so much stuff every month. If it helps take a month off doing event after event and new character after new character after new tally etc etc. Take a few weeks to concentrate on the bugs and the quality control. For one thing it will cut support tickets down to a level you can handle as it seems lots are not getting their tickets dealt with - I have been fine on this by the way and they always seem to help me out though my tickets are very few and far between to be honest.

Personally have no problem with folks spending either (as raised lesewhere) I have in the past and I do from time to time - they game needs spend or it dies. Of course there will be a minority who can spend as they please, others can't and have to think about it or just don't - that is their right to do as they please and none of us should judge anyone on something as silly as if they spend or not - we are free to do as we please and I guess we are free to have our own views on what is good/bad/fair etc etc in the game and what players do with their money. Again. it is all just an opinion/perception - it is not a world fact or world view just what one person thinks and as such lets just take it as that when someone vents or has an opinion.

One thing we share is a love of Maiden so lets keep with that as our core forum value and let each other have their say and try to keep it off personal attacks or tit for tats - it get us all nowhere in the end.

Cheers folks.
    Last edited by scott-5496; 04-29-2019 at 09:44 AM.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496