Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    I dont see where anyone can really complain about the arena event. By adding losses to count toward the goals it just adds to the nice IC that is possible to earn. The talisman frags and SS can be helpful to many players.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    Yeah--I really don't think this is too bad of an event. I made 250 yesterday, and because I played so many teams, I stumbled upon a really good offensive team. You get a lot of IC (which I could use) and FC. It is certainly a lot more work than a dungeon event. It even gives some shards--which from my perspective is the hardest commodity in the game to obtain. Even this past sacrifice event was pretty stingy with the shards.

OS
    Android
    The fact that also losses count give a lot more options how to deal with this event, depending on your goals and e.g. how much time you have. Still 500 fights need to be done and without auto-replay it means a lot of sitting, watching and tapping. I can understand that many people don't like it and hence don't participate. But if you watch TV in the evening or play something at the computer, it's easy to do auto arena battles alongside.
    I found some fun in getting smashed down to low ranks around 1000-2000, where I have not been for years. If my fun defense gets not beaten up enough, I can even decide to lose some matches on purpose to drop down. It is really interesting to see the team setups "down there" and the fights are normally ultra quick of course, so one can even level up 1-2 characters if needed.
    Downside of this is the high SoW demand and that you only get 10 IC per win instead of the 13-15 I normally get, but this is evened out by the rewards, at least a bit.
    To me the cosmic stuff is most valuable in this event (and of course the IC along).
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    The problem is if you have a life that precludes you playing 24/7 or at least 1-2 hours 3 or 4 times a day.. you simply don't have the time for events like this. It's not like you can put the "game" away for 16 hours and even come close to the achievements. In general, it REQUIRES you to play at least a few minutes within every 10 hours to empty some SOW so they refill. And if you don't use mega refills, you'll most likely not get a talisman set.

The lower achievements are good. It's the 500 needed for talismans that's bad. The 250 for a catalyst soul is good. The talismans should have dropped every 50 or even 75 battles.

But, from what I've read here. the talismans kind of suck anyway.
    Last edited by Yup; 04-24-2019 at 05:48 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    I found some fun in getting smashed down to low ranks around 1000-2000, where I have not been for years. If my fun defense gets not beaten up enough, I can even decide to lose some matches on purpose to drop down.
    I've been purposefully losing as well. Got down to the rank of "the damned", lol. Couldn't drop any further because of my worst eddie being a 3-star level 6 Run to the Hills Eddie. even with no talismans, he's tough enough that I stop losing.

Then I put my normal team back on, and shoot back up the rankings, lol. I keep a 1 eddie defence though, so other people can earn more iron coins by defeating me.

I have a huuuuge stack of sands of war though. I think it's because outside of events, and the daily mission, I don't really play the arena, and it just piles up faster than I use it. Had 1100 piled up, currently 900ish. This is the most I've spent in the arena. Think it's because of the "losses count for event goal" thing.

OS
    Android
    Rory, if I were you and had the time I would use those SoW during this event. It would be a way to earn a cosmic talisman and a few cosmic evo materials. The IC you earn you could buy relics or other purchasable items or save them for future events. I dont know if you want a set of talisman from the current event.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Yep. That's what I've been doing. Am about 330ish battles into the event. so, only 170ish left to get all the rewards. Definitely seeing what some people have mentioned, about the amount of concentration or time required to keep pressing the buttons though.
    Last edited by Rory; 04-24-2019 at 07:47 PM.

OS
    iOS
    I’m going for 250 for the catalyst soul then stopping. The talisman set doesn’t seem worth the effort.
    Vollrath-7987

OS
    Android
    have finish every event... but this one heck no.. 500 is way to much 300 for the Tails would be great and have extra rewards to keep going..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Yep. That's what I've been doing. Am about 330ish battles into the event. so, only 170ish left to get all the rewards. Definitely seeing what some people have mentioned, about the amount of concentration or time required to keep pressing the buttons though.
    you literally have to push "battle" then "battle" then "autoplay"

I did it while i was working (desk job at a computer). It took almost no attention or effort at all. You win, or you lose... still counts. And you dont have to "play" the fight.

I do not understand AT ALL why anyone is complaining about this event (ok, i understand that not everyone has the ability to play at work like this, but still...). Other than having to buy SoW if they didnt earn enough during the sac event... I didnt need to buy any, but I did need to buy it now that i am trying to finish up my gauntlet. Once you get above AAA it gets pretty costly per fight.