OS
    Android

Sands of war accumulation

Ok, guys, I have been reading the arena event thread and there are people that have accumulated enough SoW to battle 500 times without refilling. How do you do that?

The only way I know to pile on SoW is by making low tier (1st and 2nd level) sacrifices and grinding dungeons. That usually gives me enough to go 50-60 battles in the gauntlet run. Besides that when there is no event I don't play more than 30-50 battles in the arena a week. Eventually I end up buying refills.

Any tips would be appreciated.
    vov-7058

OS
    iOS
    Yes, You can save up SOW as they accumulate.. like ironite. Generally its' done best when there's an event dropping more SOW than normal. Once you get more than 10 you wont' earn any "naturally" though.
    Last edited by Yup; 04-25-2019 at 06:31 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    It is possible to accumulate SoW in the special dungeon events. I had over 600 SoW after the ferryman event. It was nice that it was before and during arena event so I could use them without losing to much daily earned SoW.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Thank you for your replies.

@Yup - Yes, I know that SoW recover only to 10 and then you have to spend excess if you want "free" refill.

@Muzzleloader - Usually have many runs do you do on the dungeons?

I aim to create a fast madness autorun team for dungeons, If I manage to have one a try to grind as much time as I have given the talismans are worth it. The last dungeon with the labyrint talis it was taking too long, so I didn't grind a lot. Do you also run hard and normal? I do that sometimes only to finish some goals faster.
    vov-7058

OS
    Android
    600 SoW is really really crazy, I have never seen that many in my counter!
    Also it does not make too much sense to me to stockpile them so much, as you "lose out" on all the other free SoW that cannot be generated if you are >10 SoW. Hence, I also farm them in the Dungeons (usually ~1500 runs I'd guess, don't know for sure; mostly on madness), but try to use them rather soon. Low tier sacrifices can also be a good source for SoW, but sometimes they just don't want to drop there...."RNG".

But for sure, for these Arena events a large stockpile is helpful - but hopefully we don't see Arena events with 500 battles again. The 200 wins were better.

The most recent Maclo dungeon was different as you were not allowed to start the battles as usual - sometimes the AI started - and because of the Labyrinth Astra that made fights a lot longer than usual. Hopefully this was just an April fools joke and won't happen again.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    Vpachev, the last dungeon event my nephew did the minimum required battles on a mixture of levels. He used the SoW as earned so he didn't keep track.

On the ferryman event we did 1200+ runs mostly on madness. That event had great drop rates of all kinds of resources. It cost a net of 2800 ironite not including the cost of the saved 600 SoW. I posted the rewards earned in the dungeon thread.

We used all the SoW in about 4 days of heavy arena battles, so we only lost out on 100 daily earned SoW.
    Muzzleloader-8226.

OS
    Android
    2800 ironite WOW! So it is indeed a question of grinding the dungeons. I don't think I have invested more the 1000-1500 ironite. Let's hope the next dungeon will be beatable in 1-2 minutes and do some excessive grinding
    vov-7058

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by vpachev View Post
    2800 ironite WOW! So it is indeed a question of grinding the dungeons. I don't think I have invested more the 1000-1500 ironite. Let's hope the next dungeon will be beatable in 1-2 minutes and do some excessive grinding
    Yes, but don't forget that during this dungeon, Ferryman was a guarantee if you did enough runs to have enough fragments for enough event souls for enough Ferryman frags for opened event souls (lol)! This was also the case for the Christmas Dungeon for gunner Krampus. All other dungeons did not give guaranteed characters anymore, sadly.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    Blade, you are correct on your observation. The Ferryman event gave guaranteed reward if you earned enough frags. It wasnt exactly the number of runs, but the amount of frags earned. We would not have grinded the 30+ hours without the gaurentee.

The Maclo event was a little more difficult and time consuming per battle as far as my roster could take us. I still had occasional losses on madness, so I couldn't just buy some mega refills and walk away or play overnight. The loss would halt the game and loss precious time.

A good option would be to allow the game to continue even after a defeat. Even though without the guarantee I dont think we would have grinded anyway.
    Muzzleloader-8226.

OS
    Android
    Besides Dungeons, Sacrifice Events can net extra Sands of War and goodies, just sacrifice your "Thin" Souls (1*to 3*). Petty Sacrifices wield lots of SoW, but it is boring as hell to empty the thousands "Thin" Souls you hoarded over a month and you need lots of empty spaces in your Team. It is very basic,very boring but the results are nice.