Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

The Angel and The Gambler (Book of Souls) - Debut of 2 NEW EDDIES

Do you feel lucky?! Angel Eddie and Gambler Eddie are making their Legacy of the Beast debut!

Angel Eddie is a 5* Gunner with multi-target damage capabilities. His Passive prevents the enemy team from gaining Immunity effects and has the ability to remove Damage Block Effects and Invincibility! Become your team’s saviour by reviving allies and granting Perfect Immortality and Perfect Titan Shield! Click here for full character details!

Gambler Eddie is a 5* Assassin who can passively transform Immunity to a random Negative Effect! This high roller also transforms existing Negative Effects on enemies into their Silver Versions at the start of every turn. Gambler Eddie also cleanses all negative effects, including Silver Effects from self and grants each ally Spell Vamp, Life Steal, and Echo status for 2 turns. Click here for full character details!

From now until May 9th at 5 PM PDT, every **Rare Soul (including Rare Class Souls - see full list below) opened in the Book of Souls will give you a bonus reward of 5 The Angel and The Gambler Soul Fragments.

These Fragments can also be earned by completing Event Challenges! Apply Negative Effects to targets to complete challenges and earn a variety of rewards, including Ironite, Skill Shards and up to 300 Angel and Gambler Fragments!

1250 Fragments = 1 Angel and The Gambler Soul! The Angel and the Gambler Soul is guaranteed to summon either Angel Eddie or Gambler Eddie.

Angel Eddie and Gambler Eddie are exclusive to The Angel and The Gambler Soul. Once this event is over, be sure to hold on to any leftover fragments! After May 9th at 5pm PT, The Angel and The Gambler Soul Fragments will become available in the Frontier Shop (250 Frontier Coins will secure 125 Fragments. These purchases will have no restrictions). You will also be able to purchase either Angel Eddie or Gambler Eddie outright for a total of 4,500 Frontier Coins.

Name:  AngelGamblerStore_ENresize.png
Views: 3183
Size:  1.19 MB

**Important: The Angel and The Gambler Soul Fragments are only earned from using the following types of Rare Souls: Rare Souls, Rare Warrior Souls, Rare Sentinel Souls, Rare Magus Souls, Rare Gun/Assassin Souls, Rare Gunner Souls, and Rare Assassin Souls. Other Souls types such as event souls (i.e. Corvid Souls, Anniversary Souls, etc.) will not yield fragments when used.

Tips for Securing Rare Souls!

Summon Common Souls for Rare Soul Fragments. Each Common Soul summoned has a chance of granting 5 Rare Soul Fragments. Need more Common Souls? Focus on battling in the Lord of Light Dungeons!
    Use Trooper Badges and Iron Coins to get Rare Souls from the Trooper and Arena Stores!
    Battle in the “Gold and Soul” Skull Quests for Rare Soul Drops!

Name:  GoldandSkullresize.png
Views: 3041
Size:  568.8 KB

Participate in the Arena of Souls Event! Complete Event Challenges in the Arena to earn a variety of Rare Soul Fragments. This event has also coincided with the launch of several new limited time Rare Soul Fragment packs available for Ironite in the Event Store! Get full details on the Arena of Souls Event here.

Finally, we have a few deals available in the store to help with getting and gearing up Angel or Gambler Eddie:

• Grab the Essence Chaser Pack for more Souls to summon! This pack contains Ironite, a bit of Gold, plus 5 Skill Shards and 20 Rare Souls!
    • Get the Fragment Mega Pack and receive 100 Angel and Gambler Soul Fragments! This Pack also contains Necropolis Fragments, Frontier Coins, Ironite and more!
    Last edited by Leviathan; 05-05-2019 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Adding Arena of Souls event details

OS
    iOS
    1250/5 = 250 rare souls. just to get enough fragments. the essence pack in the events store includes 20 rare souls. for $50. On a good day of solid (and I mean 5-6 hours) gameplay, you might pick up 10-15 rare souls. not including ironite costs to do that, it would mean you'd still, most likely, be looking at less than 100 rare souls by the time the event ends.

shame on you, guys. this is a new low
    All Eddies fully sharded. Still need:
    Coalgiver Eddie

OS
    Android
    Just so everyone knows you have to open 250 souls to get one of these guys.

Looking at the stats, I think Gambler Eddie will be who I'm going for, but we'll wait and see how they turn out.

2,500 or 4,500 frontier coins REEEEEAALLLY is pushing their value though. I can see them being worth about 800 or 1000 frontier coins but you keep jacking up the prices for frontier characters and making them extremely long term when they aren't really game breaking in the first place.

Enh I have enough stockpile to get both, though, if memory servers, it will mean two of the one I don't want.

OS
    iOS
    I have Angel Eddie; I think he may be the best support Eddie in the game. He deals loads of damage and seemingly can’t die. Gambler Eddie seems pretty good, I used Patrice’s. They might be broken, but I’m not sure yet.

OS
    iOS
    So I should have been hoarding rare souls is the moral of this story.

Common souls, I dropped a stack of 100 to see how it went. Got 30 rare soul fragments, not even enough for a single soul.
    Trooper Store - 5 qualifying souls you can get. 25 fragments. Then you have to wait a week.
    Arena Store - 4 souls you can get. 20 fragments. Then you wait a week.
    Skull Quests - Between 5 - 10 souls each day. 25-50 fragments.
    Gauntlet (if you waited until today to start from the beginning) - 17 souls and that's if you can finish SSS. 85 fragments. It would be more if heroic souls counted, but they don't.

So let's say you're able to do all this and you've got about 5k common souls saved up, that's roughly 1,500 rare soul fragments - 30 rare souls, 150 angel/gambler fragments.
    20 from the Arena Store, 25 from the Trooper Store, 85 from an amazing Gauntlet run, 7 days of very good luck in Skull Quests with 10 souls a day - 350 fragments.
    Do all the event challenges and you've got 300 more fragments. There's 3 qualifying souls in there so another 15.

Total so far: 945 fragments. What to do? 675 ironite gets you 10 rare souls or 50 fragments. If you have 2,250 ironite you'll be 5 fragments short. So another 75 for one last rare soul for a total of 2,325 ironite.
    Frontier coins might make more sense in the long run but you'd have to put your hopes of getting the other frontier characters on hold for a while.

So yes, it's possible but you have to either be loaded or have a huge stockpile of souls saved up. I can't imagine I'll make it. If EVERY common soul dropped rare fragments, it'd be within reach but that ain't gonna happen. Oof.

(Feel free to let me know if I screwed up any of the math here, I was always more of an English/History person)
    Last edited by Volrath; 05-02-2019 at 02:06 AM.
    Volrath-0020
    Joms Vikings 4 Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Volrath View Post
    So I should have been hoarding rare souls is the moral of this story.
    You should hoard every resource. Don't do anything in this game unless there is an extra reward.

There have been spend events for every currency, and several of the limited edition characters can cost 3500+ Ironite to grind. At any point in time you may end up needing hundreds of souls, so make sure you have that amount sitting around. I have over 500 class souls, not including G/A souls (unsure if those count in this one). I have probably 100 more sitting around in fragments.

OS
    Android
    I have enough Rare Souls of different classes to collect 1 Angel/Gambler Soul. The problem is gold. It takes over 60mil to cash in!
    kkkreg5-6767

_________| CLAN |_________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by kkkreg5 View Post
    I have enough Rare Souls of different classes to collect 1 Angel/Gambler Soul. The problem is gold. It takes over 60mil to cash in!
    I think you added an extra zero to that number.
    250 souls @ 24,000 per soul = 6,000,000 in gold. 6 million.
    This is an event I'll skip. Was saving my souls for the sac event.
    gogosox40-2036
    Proud Clan Member JomsVikings

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by maidenoz View Post
    1250/5 = 250 rare souls. just to get enough fragments. the essence pack in the events store includes 20 rare souls. for $50. On a good day of solid (and I mean 5-6 hours) gameplay, you might pick up 10-15 rare souls. not including ironite costs to do that, it would mean you'd still, most likely, be looking at less than 100 rare souls by the time the event ends.

shame on you, guys. this is a new low
    New Low? I opened my souls. Pulled the Gambler. Ever save materials?