Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Arena of Souls (Arena) - Battle in the Arena for Rare Soul Fragments!

Name:  Arena-of-Souls-Interstitials_1200x676_EN.jpg
Views: 2980
Size:  353.8 KB

Earn Rare Soul Fragments, new 5-set Light Talisman, and Gold by achieving milestones in the Arena!

From now until May 11th at 5 PM PT, there are new event challenges added to the Challenges screen. These reward you for getting a certain amount of plays in the Arena before the event is over:

• 10 Plays: Iron Coin x50, Rare Soul Fragments x50, Gold x25,000
    • 25 Plays: Iron Coin x100, Rare Soul Fragments x100, Rare Warrior Soul Fragments x60
    • 50 Plays: Light Talisman (Onslaught) III x1, Rare Warrior Soul Fragments x120, Rare Sentinel Soul Fragment x60
    • 75 Plays: Iron Coin x200, Rare Sentinel Soul Fragment x120, Rare Magus Soul Fragment x60
    • 100 Plays: Light Talisman (Onslaught) III x1, Rare Magus Soul Fragment x120, Iron Coin x250
    • 150 Plays: Rare Warrior Soul Frag x180, Rare Sentinel Soul Frag x180, Rare Magus Soul Frag x180
    • 200 Plays: Light Talisman (Onslaught) III x1, Rare Gunner Soul Fragment x100, Rare Assassin Soul Fragment x100
    • 250 Plays: Gold x150,000, Rare Gunner Soul Fragment x150, Rare Assassin Soul Fragment x150
    • 300 Plays: Light Talisman (Onslaught) III x1 , Rare Gunner Soul Fragment x200, Rare Assassin Soul Fragment x200
    • Stretch Goal: 400 Plays: Light Talisman (Onslaught) III x1, Legendary Soul x1, Skill Shard x2

Light Talismans are yellow Talismans with a 5 set effect. Equip them to grant Grant Perfect Immortality to all allies every turn for 1 turn. These Talismans also permanently increase a random defensive stat on each ally by 1% whenever you take damage and will heal you for 50% of your MISSING HP when taking damage while below 50% HP.

Make more progress towards Angel and Gambler Eddie! Every Rare Soul (including Class Rare Souls) summoned until May 9th will grant 5 Angel and Gambler Soul Fragments! Use the Rare Soul Fragments earned during this event to claim even more Fragments!

Get full The Angel and The Gambler event details here!

Finally, we have a couple additional deals on offer for the duration of this event!
    • A variety of Rare Soul Fragment packs are available for Ironite! Purchase these to earn more Rare Souls and help your progress in The Angel and The Gambler Event!
    • Light Talismans are also obtainable from the store for Ironite or IAP. You can get two talismans to finish making a set for Ironite (i.e. the 500 Ironite pack will grant you 2x Light Talismans), and if you’d like to get a full set of the talisman with some bonus Ironite, Gold and Sands of War, there is a one-time only offer as an IAP.
    • Eternity Relics are purchasable with Gold in the Event Store!

Eternity Relics grant players up to a 50% increase in HP, Attack and Magic stats in the Arena for a limited time. There are two kinds: Eternity Arms (Increase Stats on your Arena Offense Team) and Eternity Armor (Increase Stats on your Arena Defense Team).

Please note: Each Eternity Relic can be purchased twice and will expire 2 weeks after they are purchased (Note: Earning additional levels of these Relics will refresh the timer!). These Relics will not increase stats in the Gauntlet.

OS
    Android
    Glad they listened to us and dialed it back down from 500. 400 is much more realistic for those folks who work all day.

I know it's a stretch goal buut..... It's... Not, reeeeally a stretch goal if you still put a talisman in it.

Anyways, can someone do the math and add up these souls? I'm too lazy to do it myself... Would be easier if they hadn't changed the fragments to something higher.

OS
    iOS
    If I mathed it out correctly (hope to God I did, don't need another embarrassing math fuckup), you get a total of 18 different souls, which includes 3 regular rares and 3 rare class specifics from each class. So, a total of 90 extra AatG soul frags. Nothing to write home about honestly.

Overall, I'm happy that they kept the "plays" instead of wins and reduced the required amount from 500 to 400. However, the rewards just aren't impressive, even the IC is scarce. Since the tallie set doesn't look that exciting, I guess I'll be skipping this one and saving the ironite for the next dungeon.
    Been playing and collecting Eddies since the beginning...and I finally have 'em all!
    Romero's Legion will never die for good

OS
    iOS
    Thankfully, it's only playing 400 arena battles, not winning.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Highace View Post
    If I mathed it out correctly (hope to God I did, don't need another embarrassing math fuckup), you get a total of 18 different souls, which includes 3 regular rares and 3 rare class specifics from each class. So, a total of 90 extra AatG soul frags. Nothing to write home about honestly.

Overall, I'm happy that they kept the "plays" instead of wins and reduced the required amount from 500 to 400. However, the rewards just aren't impressive, even the IC is scarce. Since the tallie set doesn't look that exciting, I guess I'll be skipping this one and saving the ironite for the next dungeon.
    Eh, just like last arena event these are more Gauntlet Talismans than PvP. I just wish the rewards looped like last time, would have made things much better in my opinion,

OS
    iOS
    Since the requirement is 400 I'm glad they kept it at plays. Still, it seems like they may as well make it purchasable with just ironite if it doesn't matter if I win or lose. It is extremely unlikely I could win 400 arena battles in one week. Yay rewards, but what am I honestly doing but burning up a resource if I don't care if I win?

If an average arena battle takes me 2 minutes to play and cycle through to the next battle, then 400 battles is over 13 hours of time committed, close to 2 hours a day in just the arena. Add in a couple runs of gauntlet, going through my troopers every day. The only way I can do 400+ is to not care and just hope auto wins a few along the way. Tonight in the 3 hours since reset I've just finished my troopers and completed 46 arena battles and my skull quests. It will take 57 battles per day to complete the 400 runs so I'm not done yet if I want to stay on track. I love the game and really enjoy most of it, but dang this is becoming a time sink...
    "A good game is like a mirror that allows you to look into yourself. And you can learn a lot about a man by watching how he plays a game." Malcador

Cartic-4058 - in-game account ID

OS
    Android
    Perfect immortality can be stolen, so this is a useless talisman-set I think.
    There will be coming more and more 5-sets and more and more toons which steal or grant effects.
    Endless wheel...

OS
    iOS
    400 is NOT realistic for working folks and those who have a life beside this game!!! 300 even WASN‘T! 200 has been! And rare soul FRAGMENTS??? REALLY??? Great help NF for other event!!! Again total shit!!
    GotN-0546

_________18M RPs________
    _________| CLAN |________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

💀 Blackbeard Eddie 💀

OS
    Android
    400 fights for a full talisman set is better than the previous 500, but I wish it were 300.

Separately, the artistic design of the Light talismans (Lucifer sigil) is a perfect example of why this game is so amazing - it captures a lore that is timeless and greater than humanity.

Devs - on a related note, it's time to bring the Lord of Light as a playable character.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    400 fights for a full talisman set is better than the previous 500, but I wish it were 300.
    Here is the key: don't play until it gets down to 150-200!