Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Viper / Charlotte on Stormseye team

I just played an arena battle against Stormseye. I had him down to his last toon, Charlotte with Viper talis... Ended in a draw.

First "bug" I saw was that she kept cleansing herself for no apparent reason (not end of turn clearing, in between toon attacks). I somehow managed to get a heal block on her (only way I could deal damage at all) my next attack and the heal block magically disappeared. Between her viper 100% counterstrike, 50% damage reduction, and her heal on attack (I assume she heals on basic attack? I dont have her) She was always full health.

Next bug, Im pretty sure Charlotte should have permanent immunity to silver effects. My prisoner never once applied passive disable that I noticed (if she is the only toon left she should be getting passive disable at least 50% of the time), however his primordials kept applying silver debuffs (which also kept getting cleansed between attacks not end of turn).

Let's just correctly label the Viper Talismans as they really are and admit that the counterstrike is 100%? Or maybe fix it so it is actually working correctly. They really shouldnt trigger more than 35% of the time, more than that is pure insanity.

OS
    Android
    Firstly, I play this for fun- not looking to be eternal etc...

Secondly, Completely agree with above.

Thirdly, As a result of ludicrously over powered talismans/characters/supposed none existence accuracy boosts, talismans on characters that should not fit(Gauntlet), etc... this game is starting to no longer be fun, minimal strategy, how's your luck and how deep are your pockets?

I don't post much on here, and do appreciate the time and effort gone in to making this game, but recently the avalanche of new characters/talismans is becoming over whelming.

Any way, Up the Irons

OS
    iOS
    I agree.. it's all a crap shoot any more.

There's often little rhyme or reason why the Ai is getting boosts it gets. It cleanses, heals, STARTS battles as if warlord talismans have fired and all buffs are present....

I've lost track of the battles I've seen where Killer Prime on the defense team STARTS the battle with Crit Strike, Ascension, and ATK Up... and not one single blow has been dealt to anyone by either team. The only explanation I can think of is Charlotte, or some other character, granting HP+ at start and Warlord talismans seem to think that's the same as "healing".

Vipers have really ruined things currently.. and I have them, but don't use them. That 100% counter is annoying and only sways the battle when there are 2 sets present on the defense team. Like the teams running Alex and Charlotte both with vipers - every single attack results in 2 counters.. and if they attacking toon dies.. they counter some other random toon. Since when does "counter" mean "just hit anyone".

But hey.. cheer up... 20 days from now, they'll release another talisman set to combat Vipers, immediately have the Gauntlet D teams using them... price them ridiculously high and run an event to drain you of all gold, shards, runes.. whatever they can.

There's no more "getting ahead" in this "game". The BEST you can do is maintain a position 3 steps behind the crap the devs pull and only then if you want to spend some cash to do it.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    If you like that bug. How do feel about AI Charlotte able to put Perfect Bleed/Perfect Corruption on my Charlotte every round even after I cleanse it or it fades and my Charlotte never died once. Both ended in draws against Lufata and Patrice and both times it was my FULL team against their lone Charlotte. Of course the AI Charlotte is completely immune to silver effect infinitum. Also the AI Charlotte will always crit heal for 10k while your Charlotte will not heal more than 3k. Or the fact that even with Heal Block Charlotte will heal.

Or the fact that FFE/NoTB still deals over 50% damage with a blocker in place. The whole purpose of the blocker is to direct all damage over 50% to the blocker. So when your turn starts, however many absurdly over powered negative effects that have been put on you by NoTB or FFE, trigger and kill your entire team leaving your blocker alone against 4-6 blue effects and 2-4 Golden Effects and a fully cleansed and healed team.

And let’s not forget about the Prisoner..

OS
    iOS
    Natasmai, i saw two more fights from you, The second one you defeated my defense. Was it due to Set having passive disable on him?

OS
    iOS
    Yeah there really is some very weird stuff going on in arena for sure. I have seen the Charlotte thing happen too. Seen a fair few weird things with buffs vanishing and appearing almost I think at random. The problem we are facing with the game is that there is just way too much going on for it to make much sense - sure most of it works most of the time but that in itself is the issue - whats up with Prisoner still after all these months if not years? It is a weird sitaution at the moment - in one game I can get an easy win and then in a second revenge battle I get owned in the same way or maybe a little more drawn out. I think I get beat by those with relics and relic boosts as I am nowhere near getting all the relics though not massively far away - and that makes a lot of sense to me and I am fine with that as those that are maxed with relics should be laying waste to most of the rest of us.

One thing they should 100% change is the random talisman in the gauntlet - I have never got this at all. This removes basic startegy building and you are largely going in blind to each match - the gauntlet should have the sam rules as the rest of the game and stick to defence teams having talisman that are possible only. If they cant make it hard enough with that then by all means try something else.

Other posts elsehwere have also considered a battle arena where we are down to basics only - this has appeal to me as at least strategy would be back in play. Even a system where you have a talisman based party score limit would help a lot. Sirely that would be OK to implement as a sort of two leagues based arena and/or gauntlet. This has been considered I am sure and is going down the same road (sort of) as class restrictions in gauntlet waves. I think a score for talisman or a talisman restricted league might be cool.

I knwo we have a small dev team and it look like arena is being tackled with the upcomign update so I think maybe in time we will see something slong these lines hopefully. We certainly need an overhaul of rewards and also of each world and the teams that we can come up against and with that updated loot and rewards to match the upswing in resource use. Like Wickerman Isle we need the others upgraded and another level of difficulty added - that has to be easy to do right?
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormseye View Post
    Natasmai, i saw two more fights from you, The second one you defeated my defense. Was it due to Set having passive disable on him?
    First off, I forgot about the Prisoner having "invisible passive disable" glitches, Im sure they still havent fixed that, so I assume your Charlotte did have passive disable that I just couldnt see. Still doesnt explain the random cleanses though...

The win was funny... I basically started the battle, you won the flip obviously :-/ So I just said F it and pushed autoplay and set the phone down. I went to help my daughter with something and when I came back I won. So I have no idea what happened!

I actually had Yup, Stormseye, and LeiLeiHui? Something like that. I couldnt beat any of you 3. After I beat you on auto I did the same thing for Yup and LeiLei and beat them also. I assume the game just decided I had lost enough and it was time for me to win.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I was able to clear all opponents with less than a minute to spare and get my 2 free SoW.

(I forget if I had changed my team before I beat you guys? But somewhere in there I gave up on my standard team and switched to a double viper double labyrinth team. I dont have Charlotte, so I used Alex and Sekhmet with Raven Witch and Set. Seems to be working well. Switched my defense team to that now that im done with Arena)

Ive reached my 400 games... So im done. And to be fair, everyone is complaining about the required number of fights.... Other than a complete time sink, the event seems to have been fairly neutral on Ironite spending. Im definitely not happy with the way this game is being managed, but more often than not, the "Chicken Little's" on these forums start bitching that the sky is falling but at the end of these events I usually seem to be resource neutral.

Now the soul frags change and the soul cost change and the pay to win nature of the OP characters.... That pisses me off.
    Last edited by Natasmai; 05-08-2019 at 11:47 AM.

OS
    Android
    Storm, great to see your name in the headlines! Your team is as always a challenging setup. Took me like 7 furys with NotB Ed to clear the field and it could have gone the other way for sure. Charlotte with Viper is truly one of the all time great character combos.

OS
    Android
    It has become apparent that having a great setup along with real dollars will dominate the arena. Multiple sets of viper and labyrinth has set the bar quite high.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    I had a funny situation today where Charlotte with Vipers was taking on two witches with labyrinths. On one turn, Charlotte kepts on counter attacking and in tandem the witches kept giving themselves extra turns. I swear it was like half an hour before the turn ended! lol

PS. Charlotte won in the end
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs