Threaded View

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz_LOTB View Post
    Yes. As I said, it's something that we'll be working towards as we move forwards. It is a concrete goal of the team to reduce the number of events, but changes won't happen immediately as there are other important features that need to be in place to support the longevity of the game before we get there. It's also important to note that we plan things months in advance and you may not begin to see what we're working on in response to various requests / complaints until a few updates or more after they come to the forefront.

This, of course, can be resolved with a bit of communication on our part, and that is something we want to actively start doing more as well. Leviathan will be posting an update soon covering where we are at with everything to hopefully shed some light on the various initiatives we have in motion to try and address some of the community's top concerns. You can look forward to that sometime this week, hopefully.

-Kaz
    2 thoughts here...

First, if you are working months ahead, you should have at least a "goal" of release date that the team is working towards. It would be great to then share that with us. Obviously, with the caveat that things happen and schedules change etc etc, but if you are working on adjusting the release of talis and characters and you "hope" to have that implemented by say August, then at least we would know it is coming and we wouldnt (or at least shouldnt) keep bitching about it until August rolls around at least.

Secondly, I guess I am speaking for myself here, but I dont necessarily want to see less events. I only want to see new product released less often, perhaps with a much longer time frame to acquire them. I like the event frequency, give or take 1-2, 6-8 events a month is fine. But how about re-releasing older stuff that was hard to get during the events. It doesnt always have to be the shiny new thing, plenty of people have missed out on offerings. I would like to collect the Angry Bird toons. I would like an opportunity to collect Charlotte frags without spending a ridiculous amount of iron coins. We can have events, even events that generate cash flow, for older rare items.

Another option could be this: First of the month, announce a new eddie and a new character plus 1 new set of talisman that work well with both the eddie and the toon. Give us various events throughout the entire month to earn these items. Maybe I despise Arena (I really do...) and I dont want to be forced to play arena for some special item. Well thats fine, I can skip that and still get the item through a different event, maybe a dungeon event or a debuff event, etc. You can still sell the items in the store and the whales who gotta have it will buy it so they can play it immediately, but those who are willing to ACTUALLY PLAY your game can also just grind it out over an entire month and get the item also, up to a month later. I think this would be a nice way to do it. We still know there will be 2 new toons every month (not including gauntlet special toons or holiday stuff like krampus and pumpkins) but we also know we have a full month and our choice of how to earn them.

EDIT: Oh, one other thing.... If you guys are working months ahead on releasing these items, it REALLY is unforgivable to release a toon where the Passive doesnt even work, or a talisman that does nothing (like the Reaper Talis). How can you have months to release and not playtest them at least long enough to go "Oh shit, this is a virtual paperweight, it does literally nothing"
    Last edited by Natasmai; 05-09-2019 at 12:37 PM.