Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

May 2019 Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY

This is the main post to discuss tuning changes that are in an upcoming update.

You can see the details for the preliminary tuning adjustments in the Game Updates forum post.

OS
    iOS
    Whoa, will take a bit to digest the arena changes! Apart from that, happy to see all the other tweaks.

Anyway, looks like this week I have a chance of hitting warlord for the first time, so hopefully I can get that achievement before all this comes through and changes it all up! lol

First thought on arena levels is that the VP is a bit too high by maybe 500-1k, at least around that King region it is imo....
    Last edited by Esquatcho; 05-08-2019 at 03:03 AM.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    iOS
    See what happens when people spend money and refill refill refill refill to get to 10k points...
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Yeah I suppose.... At least the awards for 1,2,3 will be worth it finally! Or will that mean even more people will try to compete for it!?
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    A bit odd that the cutoff for the King tiers goes from top-25 to top-1000.
    Satan81-5023

OS
    Android
    Good to see an increase in Ironite rewards and the introduction of cosmic talis and some other good things as rewards!

BUT the VP requirements alone and their combination with #rank (or is it "one or the other" in the future?) plus the IC reward steps are completely out of line if the table is correct!

@ Kaz I have 2 questions: Does the number of VP per win/lose also change or do they stay as they are right now? What is the reset amount of VP after the weekly rollover? It is 1900 at the moment.

Example: last week I had 3906 VP with an unknown number of wins (due to display bug...should be somewhere 170-185 I'd guess) that resulted in rank #19.
    With the new tier system, the rank would be Emperor 2, but the VP would result in King 2 - which is 5 (!) tiers lower! There seems something odd.

Thanks in advance!
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    Hey Kaz,
    The brand new Gambler Eddie has a broken passive, he has no affect on immunity, in cosmos or arena.
    Please add that to the update. It really sux when we buy stuff and right outta the box, it's broken.
    Remember Reaper talis?
    Thanks.
    Bakura-0090 / The EXORCISTS Clan

*All Eddies!

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Does the number of VP per win/lose also change or do they stay as they are right now? What is the reset amount of VP after the weekly rollover? It is 1900 at the moment.
    The VP earned remains the same, but the reset amount is higher, currently planned to clamp at 2500.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakura View Post
    Hey Kaz,
    The brand new Gambler Eddie has a broken passive, he has no affect on immunity...
    It appears there is a situation where if you go first, then he is indeed not transforming immunity on the first turn of battle only. I've passed this issue on to our QA for further investigation. It should work in all other instances however (i.e. Every turn after the first, at the start of your turn when you go second, etc.) Hopefully it is just a data fix and can make it into the next update.

An additional point on the current rankings, these are only reflective of the reward and tuning changes for the Arena. They do not capture additional work that is being done to revamp the structure, pacing, and challenge of the Arena itself, which is also in the works. The Arena will be updated in iterations over the course of the next few releases as feature work on it gets completed (not this next release, but the mid June update and beyond).

-Kaz
    Last edited by Kaz_LOTB; 05-08-2019 at 03:26 PM.

OS
    iOS
    Good news! More information more than welcome on what these changes may be!
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Even more Mystic Eddie buffs, Christmas is coming early this year

If only freezing glance was worth using...like ever. Oh well, most eddies have at least 1 useless skill so its understandable. Other than that Mystic is unbelievably useful right now, but I dont see him much in the arena so hes not too overtuned. Love it