Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Vipers Vipers everywhere ...

Be very careful with the newest Gauntlet iteration ... for me since Level C it's infested with Vipers.

I lost a fight in C (first time ever) because I went half-hearted in. I thought a green Harpy, Edward the Great, Warrior Bombs and WIckerman can't be too tough in this level. So I didn't switch talismans but all my chars were fully sharded and had level 50 talismans (but not the fancy ones). I also have tons of relics.

Turns out Edward the Great (2 green, 1 blue) has Vipers and so do the Warrior Bombs. Gauntlet is even more annoying now that you have to do the painful talisman switches even in lower levels. Also great morality boost for newcomers I guess.

Name:  nf-cheats.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  179.1 KB

It's not a major issue as you can clear the stage and have a lost fight - getting all your characters back in the next stage. It's the bloody cheating. So as "nobody ever said this before": Can we stop the cheating of putting impossible setups in Gauntlet? So fair play ... I am talking nonsense here - still NF in charge.

In Level B 2nd or 3rd fight was a Samurai also carrying talismans. So I assume the rest of the stages are infested with them as well. Lucky me I need only 95 more frags for the Nekrothingy ... will be a quiet 2 weeks I guess as I certainly will not bash my head against walls. Run my troopers on the sideline and stop at AAA, S or SS ... let's see how much more they are cheating.

I read it recently: No - 3*, 4* or 5* doesn't matter anymore. It's the newest overpowered talis and toons you need regardless of the stars. That's basically spot on.
    Last edited by hold; 05-13-2019 at 06:54 AM.
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    Android
    Thanks for the warning and your great post - I can fully agree.
    Talisman management is still not updated so shifting them around is still very annoying. Introducing the newest characters and tallis even to the low tiers is more than a challenge - especially vipers as there is such a limited way of counters available.

And the bloody cheating... so true! I wrote in the Dungeon thread:
    "Apart from that the Dungeon is nice but also heavy and the next April Fool's Joke is introduced by applying the same "rules" from AI Gauntlet to the Dungeon which means characters wearing talis sets that they should not be able to wear. For me, there's no reasonable justification for that."
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    "Apart from that the Dungeon is nice but also heavy and the next April Fool's Joke is introduced by applying the same "rules" from AI Gauntlet to the Dungeon which means characters wearing talis sets that they should not be able to wear. For me, there's no reasonable justification for that."
    I totally agree on the point that ai toons should be restricted to their color slots as well, no matter which game mode. That being said, there is "reasonable justification": it makes the dungeon more difficult. In a dungeon I don't find it as mean as in gauntlet. You can do a few trial runs, see what's there and try to build a proper team. In gauntlet however, you can't. Your scouting team needs to be strong enough to survive coin toss, and you can't reuse it.
    Liu-5868

from a world of magma to a cold rock face,
    the ascent of madness and the human race

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Liu View Post
    I totally agree on the point that ai toons should be restricted to their color slots as well, no matter which game mode. That being said, there is "reasonable justification": it makes the dungeon more difficult. In a dungeon I don't find it as mean as in gauntlet. You can do a few trial runs, see what's there and try to build a proper team. In gauntlet however, you can't. Your scouting team needs to be strong enough to survive coin toss, and you can't reuse it.
    I won the coin toss ... but even there is "no AI boost" every single ones of those f*ckers countered after any of my attacks.
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Liu View Post
    And the problem Ive found is that if you send in the 3* scout party you stuff your ranking (if that matters), but you also rarely get the first go meaning your team is wiped before you even get a good feel for the talismans available!
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    iOS
    We should not need to scout a team if my view - the gauntlet needs to play by the rules of the game or how can we call this is a fair game - to be startegic and to think what is best to win you need to know what you can face to a degree so I think , like many others, that defence teams should only be able to wear appropriate talisman sets otherwise everything is a 100% gamble - there is no fun in that at all - we need less RNG and more trnsparency in the game play. If they need to make it harder then there has to be better ways to do this - even a boost to the AI is fine as at least we know what that actually means (as we face it already in battles). With the newer five sets too they can still 'cheat' a littl eby applying T3 Cosmics to any taht can wear them - but agin they should only be allowed one Cosmic per character.

For me this is one of the critical factors that needs fixed in the gameplay, otherwise we are RNG all the way pretty much and the game loses any strategy and thought that we once could use. They have made the gameplay to much of a lottery - we need to pair this back and get back to playing a game that makes more sense and follows some rules that we all know in terms of talisman placement and possibilities. It might help, for example, if there was a talisman cost much like the party cost figure - at least then we can see where the talisman ranks....but again we need to be able to at least guess at what the talisman might be that we face. At the moment we have little to no idea at all and that is just stupid and makes the game mostly luck based.

Still my single biggest issue with the gameplay I have to say.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Couldn't agree more with the above. This has been an ongoing issue- and is not fair.

I just don't understand why they do this sort of thing, it makes no sense to me- I would have thought they should be trying to get us to spend by making things hard, yet achievable.

I used to really enjoy Gauntlet, and regularly spent and PURCHASED ironite to achieve twice round the SSS- last round. Not any more, I'm really not interested in, what should be, impossible combinations on characters and once I encounter them, I really can't be bothered.

Anyway, in short, the above practises are just ANNOYING, and are starting to really switch not just me, but it would appear plenty of others off too

OS
    Android
    Dude 4 teams on grade B with Viper. Ouch and I had my first Draw in Gauntlet which counts as a loss, they should give a rematch or something else other than losing your team and counting as loss. This is, however challenging and frustrating, the best feature of the game.

OS
    Android
    Not to play is the only thing they understand! We should all stop playing until they listen to us.

OS
    Android
    i just play level A or AA now in gauntlet, i hate it with his cheated teams ^^
    I play all troopers all days.