OS
    Android

Samurai Eddie counter in Gauntlet?

Hello all...
    I'm stuck at the end of level B in the Gauntlet (per usual) and this team always stops me. Any recommendations on how to counter Samurai Eddie? My options are low at this point but any help at all would be appreciated-- if not for this go around, perhaps the next time... many, many thanks to all.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    AHABSHARPOON-5710

OS
    Android
    if you know, you should include what the enemies talismans are. Your benjamin Eddie is a very strong eddie, I would use him. I dont recall samurai eddie having any particularly difficult abilities. Use a character with permadeath or perfect death to prevent clairvoyant from reviving them, kill the child first maybe.... they can go crazy with extra turns?

Its hard for me to help really, I cant remember when I had problems on lower levels like this. I suggest you use all iron coins you get on the basic global relics as often as you can, they help SO much. Also make sure you have full maxed level 50 talisman sets if you can. The increase in damage and survivability is massive.

If you are spending your resources wisely, each gauntlet you should be able to see an improvement. If you have been stuck at this same spot for a few cycles now, it seems that you need to work on upgrading more efficiently. Relics #1, Talisman #2. Ask for suggestions on what talisman to level up, I made the mistake of leveling complete garbage early when i started.
    Last edited by Natasmai; 05-20-2019 at 02:32 PM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasmai View Post
    if you know, you should include what the enemies talismans are. Your benjamin Eddie is a very strong eddie, I would use him. I dont recall samurai eddie having any particularly difficult abilities. Use a character with permadeath or perfect death to prevent clairvoyant from reviving them, kill the child first maybe.... they can go crazy with extra turns?
    Thanks so much for your time and advice, Natasmai. I've been working on my global relics but got sidetracked dumping IC on a shadow set for my Alchemist which didn't help in this battle.

Samurai has Viper and Clair has life/immortal talis.

I guess I'm gonna have to focus heavy on relics for a bit.

Thanks again.
    AHABSHARPOON-5710

OS
    iOS
    Yeah its a tricky one. Vipers are yuk. You need a multi hitter definitely, to increase your chances of hitting him. Can you get rid of the witchdoctor easily enough? Or disable passive? If so, you could try a team full of stunners?

Otherwise, I always save my best team for the last fight of each round. Its tempting to use them sometimes, and sometimes you will face a really easy team last fight, but for such cases its always worth it!
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquatcho View Post
    Yeah its a tricky one. Vipers are yuk. You need a multi hitter definitely, to increase your chances of hitting him. Can you get rid of the witchdoctor easily enough? Or disable passive? If so, you could try a team full of stunners?

Otherwise, I always save my best team for the last fight of each round. Its tempting to use them sometimes, and sometimes you will face a really easy team last fight, but for such cases its always worth it!
    Thanks for your help. You and Natasmai's advice helped me get up to AA. A lot of talisman swapping and note taking, but well worth it. Thanks again.
    AHABSHARPOON-5710

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by AhabsHarpoon View Post
    Thanks for your help. You and Natasmai's advice helped me get up to AA. A lot of talisman swapping and note taking, but well worth it. Thanks again.
    Awesome work! Yeah, talisman swapping is the absolute pits with this UI, but pretty much essential! This fortnight was the first in ages where I didnt make AAA and thats because I took it too easily with my talismans lost a couple of battles unluckily and just didnt have enough decent chars to push through (and ran out of time a bit).

Anyway, next step for you is to push past AA man!
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs